Epic Perfect World

Can't unpatch game D:

Offline Rayiane

• Characters: Rayiane
  • Faction: Legendary
Hello,

I had to get a windows 8.1 and tried downloading epic today. It downloads just fine, 14 minutes. I am using Win-Rar and I get "unexpected end of archive" with everything I try to open. Another error I get is the archive is either in unknown format or damaged. I've tried getting rid of it and reinstalling and still get the same message. Please help!

Offline Rayiane

I've tried the direct download and the torrent. Both say the same thing.

Offline Rayiane

I've also tried with Chrome, Firefox and Internet explorer...

Offline Ancient

• Faction: NexNation
Blame windows 8.1.  If you can, upgrade to 10 and the problem should go away.

Offline Rayiane

Blame windows 8.1.  If you can, upgrade to 10 and the problem should go away.
See....that's why I had to get a new computer. I upgraded to WIndows 10 and then someone told me it was only free for a month (now i know they were wrong) so I downgraded. When I did the computer required a Windows 7 disc and I don't have one. So, I had to get a new computer. I also thought it was my firewall..i disabled it and it still hasn't worked. Now I'm in the process of trying to fix the file and it's taking forever. WinRar has a thing where it can repair and it's tried multiple times.

Offline Kazureblue

I'm running on 8.1 fine, though i torrented it on my phone and moved it to my computer. Try to disable winrar and just use the windows unpacker? Or possibly try winzip if you can find it, as much as I like winrar it can be pretty picky sometimes.

Offline Rayiane

I've used Unpacker, WinRar, the one that came on the computer...7zip or something..they all show the same message

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
well if it's about playing epw, you could download the game on another device and then copy it to your pc, also you could always use google to find a way to solve the error, just type the errors you getting in the search and im sure u'll find something xD 

Offline Rayiane

well if it's about playing epw, you could download the game on another device and then copy it to your pc, also you could always use google to find a way to solve the error, just type the errors you getting in the search and im sure u'll find something xD
i'm trying everything D: I miss epw...

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
i'm trying everything D: I miss epw...
yeah i could tell lol

Goldengate

I've also tried with Chrome, Firefox and Internet explorer...
Please download the latest version of WinRAR from here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and use it to extract the game.

Offline Rayiane

Please download the latest version of WinRAR from here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and use it to extract the game.
I'm going to try this, Thank you. Hopefully it works. Spent all day yesterday reading forums and downloading tons of stuff trying to get the files to extract .

Goldengate

I'm going to try this, Thank you. Hopefully it works. Spent all day yesterday reading forums and downloading tons of stuff trying to get the files to extract .
I also spent a lot of time when I was a newbie at EPW  ^-^
Just post here if you need further help  ;)

Offline Rayiane

Please download the latest version of WinRAR from here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and use it to extract the game.
OK, tried the latest version on WinRaR and the files still download as Archive. Another thing I noticed it also downloads as a Zip file not RaR. So, I downloaded a program to open Zip files and they are still Archive.

Goldengate

OK, tried the latest version on WinRaR and the files still download as Archive. Another thing I noticed it also downloads as a Zip file not RaR. So, I downloaded a program to open Zip files and they are still Archive.
WinRAR is an universal program which extracts all archives. Use the link I gave you (for WinRAR) and use it to extract the game to C:/.