Epic Perfect World

Whenever I left click, the client graphics go black for a quick moment.

Offline kdvlmkw

Here's what it looks like- https://gyazo.com/5566995569252f080986979d5d421658

Sometimes when that happens the program name at the top of the window will sometimes have a (Not responding) thing next to it. I'm not sure what it is; I've done a full computer scan and have reinstalled the game twice and the problem is still there so I'm not sure what the problem is. If anyone can help me with this, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Offline kdvlmkw

This began right after I downloaded the recent 119 patch by the way.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
i dont even see where you stand.
Maybe you zoomed out too much?

Offline Rasu

• Forum Veteran
  • Winter Bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Characters: Kygo, Cosmic
  • Faction: Tyrants
Did you download Win 10? I've heard alot of people say that the game cannot be played in fullscreen mode. Because of some sort of compatibility issue. Try going windowed mode if you aren't already.

Offline WoodEmblem

• Characters: WoodEmblem
Did you download Win 10? I've heard alot of people say that the game cannot be played in fullscreen mode. Because of some sort of compatibility issue. Try going windowed mode if you aren't already.
From the looks of his gif animation, I can tell it's probably Windows 8.1 he's working with. (or 7?)
See the top of the window. It's nothing alike Windows 10. =)

Btw, are you also using the latest drivers of your graphics card?

For AMD, Clicky Clicky
For NVidia Clicky Clicky
Last Edit: Aug 13, 2015, 06:39 pm by WoodEmblem, Reason: Typo....

Offline kdvlmkw

From the looks of his gif animation, I can tell it's probably Windows 8.1 he's working with. (or 7?)
See the top of the window. It's nothing alike Windows 10. =)

Btw, are you also using the latest drivers of your graphics card?

For AMD, Clicky Clicky
For NVidia Clicky Clicky
Yes, I'm currently using 7.
I just checked, and yes, the driver for my graphics card is up to date.

Offline kdvlmkw

IceNiki- I don't think that's the problem; the problem persists no matter how far or closely I am scrolled.

Habits- No, I haven't downloaded Windows 10. And I usually play in windowed; but I can also try fullscreen and see if that fixes it.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
if you keep click pressed it stays black?

Offline kdvlmkw

if you keep click pressed it stays black?
No, if I click once, the client will flash black real quick and then for about 5-10 seconds after, the client will continue flickering. I can't change any settings I currently have because whenever the client goes black, the settings will reset to the current.
Like this: https://gyazo.com/08b6d18dc1a1b1a46e72c99f103ca682

Vegas

Check your hard drive for errors

Offline WoodEmblem

• Characters: WoodEmblem
Check your hard drive for errors
There's software for that like Acronis Drive Monitor.
It checks if your drive has as example S.M.A.R.T. Test failures or any other failures related to your hard drive.
Works with external HDDs too btw.

Also, I can see by the window that it literally puts after the window name "Not Responding" for a very short time once the blinking starts to happen.
You can also change the settings through the Launcher, but honestly I don't think this will actually fix your "Not Responding"/Black Screen issue.
Sounds like a funny thing for me to research.

Offline kdvlmkw

So I downloaded the software but I'm not too sure how to use it. The software says that the health of my hard drive is at 100% and is working normally but there are an alarming amount of critical errors- https://gyazo.com/3eebe827d2309c043ca5ee03757197a1

https://gyazo.com/3d023385c92f5b291c123aebc9edfa51

Offline kdvlmkw

Also something I maybe should have added; whenever I start up my computer and login; CMD opens up saying something among the lines of somethings has been saved successfully and another popup says that a program can't start up (something like that) because I don't have opencl.dll is missing from an exe file.
I downloaded another OpenCL.dll file online is put it back in my System32 folder but it ended up not doing anything.

Not sure if this is significant but it began happening the same the same time as this problem so it might/is probably related(?)

Vegas

Idk what you did or what happened but I'm 90% sure that reinstalling windows would help

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Aare you able to redownload the client and reinstall it ?