Epic Perfect World

The Final Solution

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
The Final Solution

TL ; DR : If you're lazy read just from video - below.

Agatio PLEASE read this
We have taken great steps in the direction of removing this way of gameplay today with the restriction of Cape and Tome from the Sins and Wizards on EPW. However, sadly, this will only truly affect assassins. The true issue is that wizards aren't really affected by this.

The Reason why that Wizards aren't affected by this is the Physical Rings they still possess and amount of RPD that they possess giving them a remarkable amount of PDEF and overall damage reduction. The fact that this class meant to be a "Glass Cannon" and can instantly heal themselves with nearly instant cast, have 15% RPD on their gear alone is just absurd. This reduction also is a stat that previously they didn't have because it was not meant to be on the class. This, paired with the Dragon (2) Bonus giving a boost in RPD from Dragon Top also makes a huge difference in damage taken.

This is all a major issue with magic classes in general, spanning from defensive classes to offensive classes.. So let's focus on wizards for now.

(Wizards Def Camp Discussion) - By Yangster & Sebi

(Ring Restriction Discussion)

(Restrict the Rings - Video on Mystic Defense) - By Domgrath

However, since people believe that Wizard especially is "balanced" .. Let me show you a video.  You will tell off the bat that he takes a large amount of damage, and this is because he started off in the wrong gear set, which he fixed right afterwards.

However only after about a few minutes you see the reduction of damage is INSANE.
If you do stick around to watch the entire video, you'll see all my problems with defense camping summed up pretty quickly.

Please listen to the audio below before watching!

You could call my gameplay bad and that I was doing things "wrong", but the fact still stands that you've seen how defensive a wizard is WITHOUT their Physical buff, and how offensive they are WITHOUT spark combo.. Let's discuss what can be done to completely stop this nonsense once and for all, a final solution.

Agatio stated when he made his defense camping thread that he was keeping the restriction of rings off until it was last possible solution to the problem. This being due to the amount of rings there are in game which would need to be nerfed.. Nearly 150 of them he would need to restrict, one by one. This honestly is the most plausible solution since the classes that are benefiting from this 95% of the time are MAGICAL classes. Other solutions are as follows:

Restricting Rings Completely
or
Removing the 15% RPD Status on highly offensive magic classes
Or making the 15% on these gears (4) and attack (3) so that they cannot be stacked with Dragon Top
Honestly, Wizards were never meant to have the 15% RPD. It was added due to balance complaints, which are now invalid. If there ever was a time to balance Epic Perfect World out, it would be now so that a new era can be ushered in.

If the magic classes that can do extreme amounts of damage were losing their reduction on R8, it would offset the Dragon Ring bonuses making them have no better/worse than before.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is the Cape itself as well. This defensive cape currently can be used by every single class in game besides Sin and Wizard, which leaves plenty of room for defense camping for Mystics, and Venomancers especially. The cape needs to be restricted to SUPPORT classes only, or as suggested by Soochi have the vit requirement be in the 700 range so that no DD class would want to use it in the first place.

infernchidhu

Can't you atleast try to be concise ? I am not even gonna read it now

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
The final solution is banning Josh aka Domgrath from spamming forums with shyttard threads supported by shyttard videos cuz he cant 3 spark occult ice all to death.
This being said, i still love u josh  :police: :police: :police:

OP:i dunno why bro u r so mad at mages but they r not tanky at all, and i dunno why all complaints come from full str WBs and sins.Nobody used to complain with dragon gears or back in the days and i assure u that killing someone as a sin was way harder, now that 12392130 people have super godlike gear they just pretend this game going like this:spot target>3spark>occult ice>aps>claim winnered.

M@I

how do u have the time to write any of this sh1t

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
how do u have the time to write any of this sh1t
because it's true?

Agreed, something more needs to happen.

Offline Flax

• ~( o . o )~

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
The nerf train is on a roll and it aint gonna stop.  :police:

Nice dding in magic rings and defense cape on a barb btw, much support class.

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
u are aps and u go str strenght  and u cry about u doing 4K?wow and if they take away that 15% mgs will be 1 shoted by every1 so fcking stop qqing
:-\ u are just mad.its like crying over psyich not being able to kill mystic? :-X

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
I'm not really intending to do any more changes. What was done now should be sufficient imo. Anything more would do more bad than good I think.

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Just go make your own private server then u can restrict everything you want there however you want it but leave things here like they are
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
because it's true?

Agreed, something more needs to happen.
More does need to happen, I don't think that the GM's realize how ridiculously tanky they have made the magic classes in-game in previous patches. Everyone in this thread currently that isn't liking that I'm saying is literally the people who are abusing the defensive camping.. 
Mystics, Venomancers.. 
As I've stated plenty of times, I as a barb would GLADLY give up my magic ring for a restriction for all of the above. 
The nerf train is on a roll and it aint gonna stop.  :police:

Nice dding in magic rings and defense cape on a barb btw, much support class.

Thing is, without the magic ring and defense cape I would of died plenty of times. As you can see, I'm taking 20k crits easily in full defense gears. Take away that magic ring that I practically need to survive vs any magic class and that 20k turns into 30k very easily. Barb's honestly have one of the worst magic defense ability in-game.
Watch the video guys, you will see. Don't just come here and sh-tpost when you haven't bothered reading half the crap I said.

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
More does need to happen, I don't think that the GM's realize how ridiculously tanky they have made the magic classes in-game in previous patches. Everyone in this thread currently that isn't liking that I'm saying is literally the people who are abusing the defensive camping..
Mystics, Venomancers..
As I've stated plenty of times, I as a barb would GLADLY give up my magic ring for a restriction for all of the above.
Thing is, without the magic ring and defense cape I would of died plenty of times. As you can see, I'm taking 20k crits easily in full defense gears. Take away that magic ring that I practically need to survive vs any magic class and that 20k turns into 30k very easily. Barb's honestly have one of the worst magic defense ability in-game.
Watch the video guys, you will see. Don't just come here and sh-tpost when you haven't bothered reading half the crap I said.
dude u are shet if u were full str? then how would u deal 4ks?? i deal on mgs  whit shield 6-8k while aps  :-X

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
dude u are shet if u were full str? then how would u deal 4ks?? i deal on mgs  whit shield 6-8k while aps  :-X
Did you even bother watching the video? You see throughout the entire video that I'm dealing 5K crits on his full defense camp.. WITHOUT his Physical buff. Yes, in full strength build.

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
Did you even bother watching the video? You see throughout the entire video that I'm dealing 5K crits on his full defense camp.. WITHOUT his Physical buff. Yes, in full strength build.

:-\ :-\ :-\i feel sry for u ... every class has cons and pros   .....
:-X :-X :-XGo fight mystic u will cry more

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
:-\ :-\ :-\i feel sry for u ... every class has cons and pros   .....
:-X :-X :-XGo fight mystic u will cry more
As of right now Mystics are [currently] the most defensive class on EPW. Since Wizards no longer benefit from the Dragon Cape and the Mystics still can.