Epic Perfect World

Fixing the "def camp"

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
1. -3% doesn't sound good, how about we replace it with 3% rpdt instead, it would be efficient also including the 2nd idea of mine below.
>2. How about we restrict it for mg/wf/psy/seeker/mystic/ea too.

Restricting it from classes that actually NEED some extra def, specially eas is dumb.
I for one agree that sins shouldn't get this cape, same as wbs/wrs/seekers shouldnt get it, but that's my opinion..
cause honestly, these classes are already tanky af without the cape, def buff, panda/tigerform and marrow...
I don't care either way, this server is just filled with def campers and that somehow makes them good :-X

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
the -3 ct isn't rly that useful for wr's or wb's in mass pk since, so i suggest it to be accuracy or something = again making it useless for magic classes  but i doubt any mage will bother with vit tome now the rpd is gone!

useless for eps/mystics too  :( the -3% would be okay I guess but like chill said, then that would be useless for melee classes

Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran

Offline ...

• Old Player
No its not gona be
No, bye.
Dude, -3% ct is useless when it comes to supporting classes, after all 3% rpdt wouldn't be bad knowing that>
Cape should be restricted from MGs and WFs too imo, about tome kinda -1 should just restrict dragon rings and lvl 145 ones any less lvl ring pdef would be irrelevant

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Cape should be restricted from MGs and WFs too imo, about tome kinda -1 should just restrict dragon rings and lvl 145 ones any less lvl ring pdef would be irrelevant
I agree restrict capes on those classes too.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
We can build a code or modify, to dont allow pieces of gear(unless wep) to be dragged to shortcutbar.
I think this would block razor, autohotkey whatever and would be a easyer code to construct.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
We can build a code or modify, to dont allow pieces of gear(unless wep) to be dragged to shortcutbar.
I think this would block razor, autohotkey whatever and would be a easyer code to construct.
"we"
gear swap isnt a problem its part of the game, but 14 item def camp script is not ok

yes to both cape restrict (from MG+sin+WF) and the tome change
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 11:09 pm by Burdette

Offline Belkas

Hello, next patch is coming soon and I've been thinking of a best and painless way to fix so called "def camp" in PvP.  
Restricting the rings isn't the simplest, because there's over 150 rings to restrict + people would lose the engraves they invested in.

This will very most likely happen with next update, so I am just giving you guys a heads up. Here's my idea:

1. removing physical reduction from all lower level tomes and replacing the 6% phys reduction on Thousand Miles of Mist with -3% channeling time. This should fix the problem of arcanes being far too resistant to physical damage in full defense gear, but the tome would still benefit both magic and physical classes. New stats will be:
50 vit
-3% ct
+1 m/s movement speed

2. restricting the Ascended Dragon Cape from assassins - should fix the problem of assassins being too tanky in full def set.

Change is tiny, but should be effective enough  :)
6% phys reduction to -3% chan? You must be trolling. FFS... at least make it 3% phys reduction and -3% chan. 

Offline Maxime

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: InTake AiZoX Haste Faultless Prime
^ I agree with this, restrict those aswell.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
6% phys reduction to -3% chan? You must be trolling. FFS
the point of this is to nerf def a bit
he aint trolling

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
^ I agree with this, restrict those aswell.

U going to keep def camping via changing R8, go back to LoL

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
-1 for removing rpd from tome... even tho -3% ct will be useless for support classes with -98%/-99% ct already.

Offline Belkas

the point of this is to nerf def a bit
he aint trolling
-3% chan though? Not my fault I get lucky with def lvl rolls. L2AA nabs

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Ok so.. It's either initial option or:

1, Restrict the cape from assassins, venos and wizards.
2. Change phys reduction from 6% to 3% on tome

Or

Offline ...

• Old Player
2. Change phys reduction from 6% to 3% on tome
These two.