Epic Perfect World

Fixing the "def camp"

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Hello, next patch is coming soon and I've been thinking of a best and painless way to fix so called "def camp" in PvP.  
Restricting the rings isn't the simplest, because there's over 150 rings to restrict + people would lose the engraves they invested in.

This will very most likely happen with next update, so I am just giving you guys a heads up. Here's my idea:

actual proposition. Either one of this:

-  Restrict the cape from assassins, venos and wizards.
-  Change phys reduction from 6% to 3% on tome

Or

-  Restrict the cape from assassins, venos and wizards.

Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 11:18 pm by Agatio, Reason: updated!

Offline PedroSner

• #TeamSner
  • Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server
  • Characters: PedroSner/ Sner
  • Faction: Artifex Leader
Hello, next patch is coming soon and I've been thinking of a best and painless way to fix so called "def camp" in PvP.  
Restricting the rings isn't the simplest, because there's over 150 rings to restrict + people would lose the engraves they invested in.

This will very most likely happen with next update, so I am just giving you guys a heads up. Here's my idea:

1. removing physical reduction from all lower level tomes and replacing the 6% phys reduction on Thousand Miles of Mist with -3% channeling time. This should fix the problem of arcanes being far too resistant to physical damage in full defense gear, but the tome would still benefit both magic and physical classes. New stats will be:
50 vit
-3% ct
+1 m/s movement speed

2. restricting the Ascended Dragon Cape from assassins - should fix the problem of assassins being too tanky in full def set.

Change is tiny, but should be effective enough  :)
Not quiete sure about the tome, but i fully agree with the 2nd point. Could probably even restrict cape from more classes, leaving it only for WBs / WRs and EPs. 
Just my 2cents.
Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server. After that went to that server disbanded them there and disbanded that server aswell.

heiro

dude also remove the crit from dex tome and make it accuracy xD

= on serious note, I agree with pedro restrict it to the support classes or from the over tanky classes and the -3 ct isn't rly that useful for wr's or wb's in mass pk since, so i suggest it to be accuracy or something = again making it useless for magic classes  but i doubt any mage will bother with vit tome now the rpd is gone!
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 10:50 pm by Chill

Offline gigachad

• Forum Veteran
dude also remove the crit from dex tome and make it accuracy xD
No I need 3 crit , or he just could add 1 more dex tome with the stats u mentoined . When is next patch anyways?

Offline ...

• Old Player

1. removing physical reduction from all lower level tomes and replacing the 6% phys reduction on Thousand Miles of Mist with -3% channeling time. This should fix the problem of arcanes being far too resistant to physical damage in full defense gear, but the tome would still benefit both magic and physical classes. New stats will be:
50 vit
-3% ct
+1 m/s movement speed

2. restricting the Ascended Dragon Cape from assassins - should fix the problem of assassins being too tanky in full def set.

1. -3% doesn't sound good, how about we replace it with 3% rpdt instead, it would be efficient also including the 2nd idea of mine below.
>2. How about we restrict it for mg/wf/psy/seeker/mystic/ea too.

Offline FaiI

• Yea that guy
  • Characters: Fail/Diatribe
  • Faction: Inactive

50 vit
-3% ct
+1 m/s movement speed

Psychics don't benefit from -ct. I do like the 2nd idea though.

Offline Herr Rev

• Gott mit uns
  • Outcastian
  • Faction: Das reich, Outcasts☆
seriously dont get why MG is getting nerfed when sins gof crit me 7ks in def set but whatever

Offline gigachad

• Forum Veteran
No its not gona be 
1. -3% doesn't sound good, how about we replace it with 3% rpdt instead, it would be efficient also including the 2nd idea of mine below.
>2. How about we restrict it for mg/wf/psy/seeker/mystic/ea too.

No, bye.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Cape should be restricted from MGs and WFs too imo, about tome kinda -1 should just restrict dragon rings and lvl 145 ones any less lvl ring pdef would be irrelevant

Zirkon

Im not being negative here but removing that %6 rpd would be a slighter disadvantage for support classes
Cause Most WRs/WBs/Eps really need it in mass pk 
Just my opinion

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
I agree with the cape thing.
Referring to the ring restrict i can just tell that for a cata barb its already hard enough to tank all the magic damage, restricting them would make magic classes crit on a full cata barb for almost half his hp, not even talking about spark. 
Just saying since i enjoy playing str build but switching to vit for tws, keep in mind some barb switch roles for events etc. where magic rings are almost a must.
Changing vit tome seems fine to me regarding my wb, idm less phy def. But then again i play a sage wiz which already got low def from his shield and makes vit tome a must to tank any sin on server for example. I know sage wiz is not too popular but its also played and without vit tome it is even weaker. On every other class i would +1 the change since it makes them too hard to kill but then sage wiz needs a def boost or something otherwise its just impossible to play them.

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
Cape should be restricted from MGs and WFs too imo, about tome kinda -1 should just restrict dragon rings and lvl 145 ones any less lvl ring pdef would be irrelevant
this.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
zFlash will make R8 full def to compense and add to Auto-Hotkey, by the logic of life a fighter cant change his clothes while in combat, only weapons, like a sword, a grenade, a knife,if we apply this here, everything would be fixed, people would atill be able to build their classes as defensive but they gonna have to stay this way while in combat.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
He wouldnt restrict rings whatsoever due to engraves being wasted , 3.33 sin hiting way too hard and other factors this leads to his disagreement on restricting them
meanwhile this is closest u could get to fixing def camp
removing def cape from mages and WFs would not be bad whatsoever
+1

Offline PedroSner

• #TeamSner
  • Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server
  • Characters: PedroSner/ Sner
  • Faction: Artifex Leader
zFlash will make R8 full def to compense and add to Auto-Hotkey, by the logic of life a fighter cant change his clothes while in combat, only weapons, like a sword, a grenade, a knife,if we apply this here, everything would be fixed, people would atill be able to build their classes as defensive but they gonna have to stay this way while in combat.
zFlashx doesn't play anymore , stop dreaming with him
Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server. After that went to that server disbanded them there and disbanded that server aswell.