Epic Perfect World

Unable to get the patcher working

Offline Gimeakiss

Hello,

I've been coming an going to and from this server over the past 2 years. I've recently purchased a new laptop and I was curious to see how it would handle the game so I went for ahead and dl-ed the client. I do not have any other PW client installed at the current time.

So, downloaded the game, extracted the files, went to the patcher, when I click on it it loads for 2 seconds then the patching window shows us asking me to choose a patching server. I chose one of the ones available, clicked automatically update client and confirmed my selection. The patcher proceeded to load for 2 seconds after which I'm greeted by the "Update Server connection fails" - "Please try other update server".

No matter which server I choose nothing really happens. The center area where you would normally see things such as events and all the fuss also appears with an error, as if I wasn't connected to the internet. Before you ask, yes I was connected to the internet, still am and have been for the past 30 days. Yes, I've tried the Fixit thing in the Launcher folder, yes I've re-downloaded the whole client only to be met by the same error, and no, it is not corrupted in any way, not to my knowledge.

So, any clues on how I can get this to work? Help?

EDIT: Also tried downloading the server lists from the FAQ, still no success.

Last Edit: Aug 01, 2015, 11:28 am by Gimeakiss

Offline Gimeakiss

For the manual patching, which one should I begin with? I can't even tell what my client version is to begin with.

Offline ╰❇╮

• Nurse
  • Characters: IDesire - Amatusaru - MoonFall
Maybe your pc is blocking the server so it can't download. Check you're firewall, antivirus. Disable it and try again. 

Shazzy my cutie wifu!
✿   Ty Royal for the lovely art   ✿

Offline Gimeakiss

Mhm, well that's curious. Apparently it was my Firewall or my Antivirus, which is odd. I've been using the same antivirus on every computer in the past 7 years, installed dozens of PW clients and yet this was the first time that got in the way. Well, it's fixed now, thanks for the assistance!

Offline ╰❇╮

• Nurse
  • Characters: IDesire - Amatusaru - MoonFall
Np at all enjoy the game

Shazzy my cutie wifu!
✿   Ty Royal for the lovely art   ✿