Epic Perfect World

(windows 10 Pro) Resolution issues

Offline WoodEmblem

• Characters: WoodEmblem
I've been trying multiple things today, such as changing compatibility mode, run as admit and still no change.
Although, I did noticed I'm not the only one with this issue.
It appears PWI client just isn't fully compatible with Windows 10. (exact same issue)

Guess I'll just stick around to Windowed until there is a fix for 10.
Thanks anyhow for trying to figure the source out. =)

Goldengate

When I upgrade a preinstalled (OEM) or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 license to Windows 10, does that license remain OEM or become a retail license?
If you upgrade from a OEM or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to the free Windows 10 upgrade this summer, the license is consumed into it. Because the free upgrade is derived from the base qualifying license, Windows 10 will carry that licensing too.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/frequently-asked-questions-windows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Guess I misunderstood something :c
That license doesn't become OEM as the manufacturer of your computer gave the license for the specific version of Windows, e.g. Windows 7. Microsoft only upgrades your license to Windows 10, which counts both as Windows 7 and Windows 10. 
Microsoft only adds your current OEM license to the allowed list.

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
  • 80% of success is showing up.
i just DLed win10 last night and am using it now, i don't have any problem with that. can play full screen without any problem.
(in CS i faced blackscreen issue but after reinstalling, it was fixed)
Just DotA, For Ever, Till The End
I'm Not that Good
Maybe am in F*cking, But not at evrything!
زندگیمو میسازم، اونطوری که میخواهم

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Windows 10 gave me the upgrade yesterday. I had the exact same problem when I first booted onto it. I tried to update drivers through the WSU but somehow the update had disallowed non-microsoft program sources the right to install on my machine. I went into regedit and into "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" and changed whatever fields popped up to 0 (True), as the two I had were both 1 (False).

This fixed the problem I had running EPW, but not any of my steam games. I think it's because of that sh1tty Xbox game bar thing that pops up and says 'Press Windows button + G' to look at the game bar. Anyone know how to get rid of that feature?

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
  • 80% of success is showing up.
Gamers shouldn't install win8 yet, truely it got some issues.
i can run my games without problem, but my friends all got problem with their games.
(but i like it, the proccess speed is way better than win 8.1, now i can run 1 extra epw client)
Last Edit: Aug 01, 2015, 05:54 pm by AuH.s.n
Just DotA, For Ever, Till The End
I'm Not that Good
Maybe am in F*cking, But not at evrything!
زندگیمو میسازم، اونطوری که میخواهم

Goldengate

I won't upgrade to Windows 10 till Service Pack 1 comes out.... Too many compatibility issues...

Offline WoodEmblem

• Characters: WoodEmblem
This fixed the problem I had running EPW, but not any of my steam games. I think it's because of that sh1tty Xbox game bar thing that pops up and says 'Press Windows button + G' to look at the game bar. Anyone know how to get rid of that feature?
Steam games issues are mostly fixed by verifying the files.

Right click on the game you'd wish to play > Select "Properties" > Local Files[tab] > Verify Integrity of game cache[button]
This fixed my Left 4 Dead 2 issue where I was able to start the game just fine, but when I wanted to join a server it just crashed back to my desktop.
Same thing happened when I was hosting/lobby leader.

Nope it's not the XBOX pop-up causing that to happen, I've disabled it while playing Payday 2 and effect other games too once it's disabled.
There should be a checkbox in the message which should allow you to disable the message. I believe it was Windows + G shortcut where you can shut it off.
I don't remember correctly where this option was though, I'm still figuring this entire Windows 10 thing out. XD

Vegas

Steam games issues are mostly fixed by verifying the files.

Right click on the game you'd wish to play > Select "Properties" > Local Files[tab] > Verify Integrity of game cache[button]
This fixed my Left 4 Dead 2 issue where I was able to start the game just fine, but when I wanted to join a server it just crashed back to my desktop.
Same thing happened when I was hosting/lobby leader.

Nope it's not the XBOX pop-up causing that to happen, I've disabled it while playing Payday 2 and effect other games too once it's disabled.
There should be a checkbox in the message which should allow you to disable the message. I believe it was Windows + G shortcut where you can shut it off.
I don't remember correctly where this option was though, I'm still figuring this entire Windows 10 thing out. XD
It's Windows Key + G, options and untick Show tips when starting a game or uncheck remember as a game. Second option just works for the specific app you're running tho

If that doesn't work go in the xbox app and try unchecking this
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015, 07:32 pm by Teru

Vegas

I've been trying multiple things today, such as changing compatibility mode, run as admit and still no change.
Although, I did noticed I'm not the only one with this issue.
It appears PWI client just isn't fully compatible with Windows 10. (exact same issue)

Guess I'll just stick around to Windowed until there is a fix for 10.
Thanks anyhow for trying to figure the source out. =)
Maybe that will force the original devs to update the client so we don't have to run a single threaded DX8 game anymore...

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
I won't upgrade to Windows 10 till Service Pack 1 comes out.... Too many compatibility issues...
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) was announced on March 18, 2010. 

Think i read something bout you can't upgrade to windows 10 without service pack 1. There are no compatability issues with any game so far. The only problem i've encountered was not being able to go full screen with EPW but I'm perfectly contempt with a borderless windowed mode. No idea how you are waiting for something that is already out but okay.

Offline Deja

• Weeble
  • Nostalgia, Invictus, LocKnLoaD
nrglg wrote: »
Wait; are you telling me that Windows 10 isn't being installed fresh but just being updated from a previous system?

If this is the case, I'd recommend finding all Windows 10 drivers and then removing all of your drivers completely and installing the Windows 10 ones. There is a real possibility that the drivers are incompatible and this is to be expected behavior. Although I'd be surprised if this was the case because MS can't be stupid enough to just allow upgrades even with incompatible drivers...could they?

Even then you will still get the black/flickering screen because of how W10 handles DX9. It's a known issue, and the Windows team is still working on it. Even on a clean install with W10 drivers, it will happen with older DX9 games like this one.

Truly, you don't need DxWnd either. Just set the config for PW to run Windowed with the same resolution as fullscreen. If your taskbar is set to auto-hide, then it's going to run "fullscreen windowed" mode just fine. Looks and feels like fullscreen, but it's technically running in windowed mode. people with lower-end systems can actually benefit by increased alt-tab abilities running it this way as well.
Quote From PWI forum PWI and thus EPW is a DX9 game and Windows 10 comes with DX12.  We just get to play in windowed mode til PWI updates their game or MS fixes their DX9 compatibility prob.

Calamondin, Sago, Dijnayrik, Dragon_Child, CindyBrady
Bahia, Arik, AmamA
Ahnje, Classique, Scuppernong
Chipola, Taela, Docktor
SilverRing
Fatal_Blade, HoneyKins

Vegas

Even then you will still get the black/flickering screen because of how W10 handles DX9. It's a known issue, and the Windows team is still working on it. Even on a clean install with W10 drivers, it will happen with older DX9 games like this one.

Truly, you don't need DxWnd either. Just set the config for PW to run Windowed with the same resolution as fullscreen. If your taskbar is set to auto-hide, then it's going to run "fullscreen windowed" mode just fine. Looks and feels like fullscreen, but it's technically running in windowed mode. people with lower-end systems can actually benefit by increased alt-tab abilities running it this way as well.
Quote From PWI forum PWI and thus EPW is a DX9 game and Windows 10 comes with DX12.  We just get to play in windowed mode til PWI updates their game or MS fixes their DX9 compatibility prob.
It's a DirectX8 game  :rolleyes:
DX12 is also backwards compatible
Idk why everyone blames DX12 when 50% of the server don't have dx12 compatible graphic cards. Not every windows 10 user gets DX12

Last Edit: Aug 07, 2015, 09:52 pm by Teru

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

Quote From PWI forum PWI and thus EPW is a DX9 game and Windows 10 comes with DX12.  We just get to play in windowed mode til PWI updates their game or MS fixes their DX9 compatibility prob.
Who's the 'we' if it works fine for the majority of people that have upgraded to Windows 10?

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
Who's the 'we' if it works fine for the majority of people that have upgraded to Windows 10?
the "we"  he is referring to are the people who have the flickering full-screen and have upgraded it to windows 10

• MadHatter Alice
  • Alice: How long is forever? White Rabbit: Sometimes just one second.
Not working for me. I have to play in windows form since upgrading to windows 10.  I also know other it is happening to.I have tried all of the 'fixes' suggested here to no avail. 

ºO•❤•.¸✿¸.•❤•.❀•.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ