Epic Perfect World

(windows 10 Pro) Resolution issues

Offline WoodEmblem

• Characters: WoodEmblem
Hello everyone,

I have faced an odd issue which I do wonder if others are facing the same thing.
I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 Professional x64 to Windows 10 Professional x64...
The thing however, it appears I'm unable to play full screen but I am able to play windowed.
All that happens is a Black Screen containing the PW Cursor and stay like this forever.
If wondering which Graphics Card I use: Asus HD7770-2GD5 with the recent drivers installed.

Hopefully I'm not the only one facing this issue since I rather prefer full screen gaming. =)

Thank you for your time. :normal-23:

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
A few others are receiving this issue too. Windows haven't given me the notification yet, so I can't upgrade and wouldn't be of any help.  :(

Offline WoodEmblem

You can force the upgrade.
Microsoft released it on 29th July.

The Notification update can be installed through a MSU file(Windows Standalone-Update File) depending on your OS.
Should be able to grab the upgrade Tool and install ahead, although I honestly don't know if you HAVE to reserve a upgrade or not.
Also, it is advised to turn off your Anti-Virus and Firewall before installing to prevent possible installation issues.
^ This appears to be one of the common issues about the upgrading process. My neighbour also just suffered issues with Windows 10 while trying to install the upgrade. On his end it was his Firewall.
Best part, You'll keep everything as it is like now in your current Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 OS.
The biggest change would be the Theme overhaul, everything else feels simular to Windows 7 and the control panel settings feels simular to Windows 8.1.

Vegas

The Notification update can be installed through a MSU file(Windows Standalone-Update File) depending on your OS.
Should be able to grab the upgrade Tool and install ahead, although I honestly don't know if you HAVE to reserve a upgrade or not.
Also, it is advised to turn off your Anti-Virus and Firewall before installing to prevent possible installation issues.
^ This appears to be one of the common issues about the upgrading process. My neighbour also just suffered issues with Windows 10 while trying to install the upgrade.
Best part, You'll keep everything as it is like now in your current Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 OS.
The biggest change would be the Theme overhaul, everything else feels simular to Windows 7 and the control panel settings feels simular to Windows 8.1.
This worked on my pirated Windows 8.1 and it was activated automatically.  Tried it yesterday on my secondary PC
Nothing was reserved

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
All that happens is a Black Screen containing the PW Cursor and stay like this forever.
Do you have 100% dpi scalling set? It seems to affect the game too with this version.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran

^ This appears to be one of the common issues about the upgrading process. My neighbour also just suffered issues with Windows 10 while trying to install the upgrade. On his end it was his Firewall.
Not gonna risk that.

Offline WoodEmblem

Do you have 100% dpi scalling set? It seems to affect the game too with this version.
It was set to 100% by default, changing this didn't changed a thing.
All I see is this and the cursor but wasn't included in the screenshot however.

I'll give other resolutions a go, this issue was from 1920 x 1080 resolution.

*Edit: Nope... Changing the resolution didn't fix it either :(

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
I reserved a copy of windows10 about a month ago.  It downloaded yesterday as stated and I had no problems at all.
I believe you have a year to still get it free.

Offline WoodEmblem

I believe you have a year to still get it free.
Correct.
From what I've heard, Windows 10 will be supported until your hardware(motherboard or HDD) gives it up.
Not 100% sure if this rumour was true. ^
I'm sure script kiddies will probably find a way of bypassing it since it's even possible to install Windows 10 over a Pirated Copy. (As we just saw Teru's experience)
Just genius this Microsoft fail XD

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
Correct.
From what I've heard, Windows 10 will be supported until your hardware(motherboard or HDD) gives it up.
I'm sure script kiddies will probably find a way of bypassing it since it's even possible to install Windows 10 over a Pirated Copy. (As we just saw Teru's experience)
I doubt that. Windows support is dire at the best of times.

Vegas

Correct.
I think if you have a geniune Windows 8.1 and you upgrade, your license will carry over and you can freshly install it as often as you want. You can download the ISO from Microsoft. License might be tied to the motherboard, not sure

Offline WoodEmblem

I think if you have a geniune Windows 8.1 and you upgrade, your license will carry over and you can freshly install it as often as you want. You can download the ISO from Microsoft. License might be tied to the motherboard, not sure
I've just checked it with Software such as Jellybean Key Finder.
You're getting an entirely new Product Key.
It doesn't match with my Windows 7 Pro License Key, I do see the logic behind this since it's an upgrade after all.
A friend of mine just told me he was dumb enough trying the ISO just to check if his Windows 7 key would work with Windows 10 too.
Turned out it'll tell you it cannot verify your product key.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
I guess if Windows grants a free upgrade to pirated versions of windows 8 there would be less people trying to acquire pirated versions of windows 10, and probably less of a source for this kind of stuff. I think they intended to do so just to maximise the number of genuine OS sales.

Offline gigachad

• Forum Veteran

The thing however, it appears I'm unable to play full screen but I am able to play windowed.

Windowed best! 

Vegas

I've just checked it with Software such as Jellybean Key Finder.
You're getting an entirely new Product Key.
It doesn't match with my Windows 7 Pro License Key, I do see the logic behind this since it's an upgrade after all.
A friend of mine just told me he was dumb enough trying the ISO just to check if his Windows 7 key would work with Windows 10 too.
Turned out it'll tell you it cannot verify your product key.
When I upgrade a preinstalled (OEM) or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 license to Windows 10, does that license remain OEM or become a retail license?
If you upgrade from a OEM or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to the free Windows 10 upgrade this summer, the license is consumed into it. Because the free upgrade is derived from the base qualifying license, Windows 10 will carry that licensing too.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/frequently-asked-questions-windows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Guess I misunderstood something :c