• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
75%
source?

my money is on your isp utilizing the same ports epic does at random

Offline Stroopwafel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
So is it possible for the servers to be upgraded from currently being hosted on a potato with DCs every 5-10 minutes and S3 always down/3k ping to something that's better quality? Maybe reduce the amount of server mirrors to 2/3 and switch to better quality mirrors. Would be much appreciated, thank you! c;
Glad to see I am not the only one,  past few days have been nothing but delays and lag spikes for me accompanied by plenty of dcs.  Even when my ping is at 50ms it still takes some time to cast a skill which was never  a problem before  :normal-20:

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
The only reasons I mass DC is my stupid retarded net that goes on and off how he please.
Since I got a better PC I don't lag so much, I play with max graphics and if I have only 1 client I have no lag in mass pk. :-\
So no, it's not only the server, it's the PC too.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
The only reasons I mass DC is my stupid retarded net that goes on and off how he please.
Since I got a better PC I don't lag so much, I play with max graphics and if I have only 1 client I have no lag in mass pk. :-\
So no, it's not only the server, it's the PC too.
Oh my god, do you even understand the difference between fps lag and ping lag? Your pc has nothing to do with your ping
So is it possible for the servers to be upgraded from currently being hosted on a potato with DCs every 5-10 minutes and S3 always down/3k ping to something that's better quality? Maybe reduce the amount of server mirrors to 2/3 and switch to better quality mirrors. Would be much appreciated, thank you! c;
legit no idea what u talking but if that means i can finally pk again without delaying like crazy and mainly just getting pushed around then freaking huge +1

Offline wasdz

• Forum Veteran
Haven't dc'd once due to server, only dcd twice since june and that's because of my side. 

http://prntscr.com/7vmm5c stable ping all around  :police:
♡ Bellend ♡

Offline exe626

• brb
Oh my god, do you even understand the difference between fps lag and ping lag? Your pc has nothing to do with your ping
you've just barely sckilled the surface of network connectivity issues: the computer itself has everything to do with internet connection

if your cpu is at load, and you use an onboard nic(you do, none of you have a need for a dedicated nic), your internet can(and will) slow down;
while most wireless connections are handled independently from the cpu, cheap usb adapters do not - they are effected even more than onboard nics;
if you use an igpu, your cpu gets hotter a lot faster when both are being used, only furthering the effects of the above;
if you use a smf case, that above effects are multiplied;
the speed of your nic(modern standard is 100gb/s, but older boards can have them as slow as 128kb/s) directly affects your speed;
certain memory types have a hard time releasing(namely some older ddr2 models), hindering your cpu, and as a side-effect, hindering your nic;

the list goes on and on, a manual for network issues will tell you hundreds of thousands

Insanity

you've just barely sc****d the surface of network connectivity issues: the computer itself has everything to do with internet connection

if your cpu is at load, and you use an onboard nic(you do, none of you have a need for a dedicated nic), your internet can(and will) slow down;
while most wireless connections are handled independently from the cpu, cheap usb adapters do not - they are effected even more than onboard nics;
if you use an igpu, your cpu gets hotter a lot faster when both are being used, only furthering the effects of the above;
the speed of your nic(modern standard is 100gb/s, but older boards can have them as slow as 128kb/s) directly affects your speed;
certain memory types have a hard time releasing(namely some older ddr2 models), hindering your cpu, and as a side-effect, hindering your nic;

the list goes on and on, a manual for network issues will tell you hundreds of thousands
damn take it easy

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Any GM input on this matter? ???
Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:11 pm by ☠EvilTouch☠

Vegas

you've just barely sc****d the surface of network connectivity issues: the computer itself has everything to do with internet connection

This sounds very unlikely especially if you bought your PC in the last 10 years and when you have no problems in more demanding games 

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Damn Mr. Bing

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I have 250 ms normal,and i feel playing faster than light, how i would feel with 30 ms normal?

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Goz

It can. nt nt nt nt nt nt nt nt
Kinguin no chance my friend - PashaBiceps

Offline exe626

• brb
This sounds very unlikely especially if you bought your PC in the last 10 years and when you have no problems in more demanding games
there is such a thing as low end processors, even in modern computers. haven't you ever heard of celeron or e2? a lot of the people who post on this forum are still using windows xp

Offline AlmostFamous

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • Characters: AlmostFamous
I had 500+ping on pw for past 6 months ish any time i logged on. Other games I have around 30
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi