Epic Perfect World

Event Kill Stealing

Would it be a possibility to take a event like the boss killing around Sumor camp, and move into a area that only one person or squad could go to.  For example anyone that wants to join the event goes to a npc, and takes a event quest/quests, then they would get tokens or some one of a kind item.  Then use that item to be teleported to a different area (similar to The Cube of Fate or Nirvana) where the bosses or mobs will be waiting.  Each item given have a short time limit or a set number are given (have different ones for solo or squad).  Then after everything has been killed the solo person or squad could move to the next room and repeat this until the item(s) are gone.

Not sure how easy this would be to do, but could help with ks problem in open world events.  If this idea can't be used matbe atleast it would give others some better ones.  ;)
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
-Unknown-

Offline Far

• Sneaky
  • Light Speed
  • Characters: Far
  Would it be a possibility to take a event like the boss killing around Sumor camp, and move into a area that only one person or squad could go to.  For example anyone that wants to join the event goes to a npc, and takes a event quest/quests, then they would get tokens or some one of a kind item.  Then use that item to be teleported to a different area (similar to The Cube of Fate or Nirvana) where the bosses or mobs will be waiting.  Each item given have a short time limit or a set number are given (have different ones for solo or squad).  Then after everything has been killed the solo person or squad could move to the next room and repeat this until the item(s) are gone.

Not sure how easy this would be to do, but could help with ks problem in open world events.  If this idea can't be used matbe atleast it would give others some better ones.  ;)

yeah but the timelimit would suck cause will take a while to kill the boss and if item expires and ur kicked out that would be bad xD

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
The best was is to make them if u toch the mob 1sth and other person kill it u get the drop , exept if ure in squad to be random, this way if some1 else kills ure mob ure trying to kill ull get reward xD

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
we have diferent kind of events related to that boss in question. we usually make faction bosses aswell. now if u are asking me to spawn a boss for a person that can log 5 or 6 characters we are not doing it :) cuz we did it in the past and it just sucks when ones get everything and others dont ;) i can give u an example on to why we now have a limit of 6 people from a faction to be at spot to kill the faction boss. some time ago when doing this i was asking for people to gather with their faction and then i would spawn the boss, so far so good, problem came when i got there and i noticed that i was spawning 2 and 3 bosses for the same faction but the guy was using 5 characters to do it...and telling me "no noe else wanna come"...so yea we learn with mistakes and its cuz of people like this that we have to adapt the rules to the game.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
we have diferent kind of events related to that boss in question. we usually make faction bosses aswell. now if u are asking me to spawn a boss for a person that can log 5 or 6 characters we are not doing it :) cuz we did it in the past and it just sucks when ones get everything and others dont ;) i can give u an example on to why we now have a limit of 6 people from a faction to be at spot to kill the faction boss. some time ago when doing this i was asking for people to gather with their faction and then i would spawn the boss, so far so good, problem came when i got there and i noticed that i was spawning 2 and 3 bosses for the same faction but the guy was using 5 characters to do it...and telling me "no noe else wanna come"...so yea we learn with mistakes and its cuz of people like this that we have to adapt the rules to the game.
i totally agree, and it sucks that people have to abuse the events like that and ruin them for the rest of us.
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
The best was is to make them if u toch the mob 1sth and other person kill it u get the drop , exept if ure in squad to be random, this way if some1 else kills ure mob ure trying to kill ull get reward xD
while this may sound like a nice idea, it can be easily abused, classes like barb and bm will get shafted by the long range and teleporting classes. say for example you run about 50 feet or so to boss, and when you're almost there, some obnoxious seeker or sin (and im a seeker so it not being biased against classes lol) teleport to boss and get first hit. or an archer or wiz attack from far, or a veno or mystic send a highspeed pet to get there first. Even something like Holy path can result in stealing a kill that you were going for. Furthrmore, that person can then just go around hitting bosses first, and stealing about 10 agros. On paper it sounds like a perfect idea, but people WILL find ways to abuse it, and it will only cause more problems. It may not be perfect, but this drop system still isnt broken. So why fix it if it already works? if we can do something like get first hit AND do at least 30% of the damage for drop that might work but.... again, a duo of 5 aps sins or bms could squad up and still break that system. In the end, there's no REAL fix for this, and as infuriating as it can be, we still have an amazingly fair server overall, so we just have to take the good with the bad, move on, and hope next time is better.  :(
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Then I can go around,  hitt each mob once, and then let ppl kill them for me.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
while this may sound like a nice idea, it can be easily abused, classes like barb and bm will get shafted by the long range and teleporting classes. say for example you run about 50 feet or so to boss, and when you're almost there, some obnoxious seeker or sin (and im a seeker so it not being biased against classes lol) teleport to boss and get first hit. or an archer or wiz attack from far, or a veno or mystic send a highspeed pet to get there first. Even something like Holy path can result in stealing a kill that you were going for. Furthrmore, that person can then just go around hitting bosses first, and stealing about 10 agros. On paper it sounds like a perfect idea, but people WILL find ways to abuse it, and it will only cause more problems. It may not be perfect, but this drop system still isnt broken. So why fix it if it already works? if we can do something like get first hit AND do at least 30% of the damage for drop that might work but.... again, a duo of 5 aps sins or bms could squad up and still break that system. In the end, there's no REAL fix for this, and as infuriating as it can be, we still have an amazingly fair server overall, so we just have to take the good with the bad, move on, and hope next time is better.  :(

Maq classes allready use theyr range to steal mobs...and i mean most steal the mobs/bosses u are allreaddy trying to kill out damageing u and i hit the mob boss for nothing even if u toched him 1sth.
I see your point Evil and ya it sucks that ppl have to abuse a good thing.  Thought I would put the idea out and see what as said about.  Thx for the replys. =)
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
-Unknown-

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
killahurts, i love that signiture, it's freaking epic  xD

Social darwinism ftw  xD
147 Demon sin   Hircine