Epic Perfect World

Remove 15% Pdef from wizard set bonus and Genie spark.

Offline ...

• Old Player
Why are you all talking nonsense? you see 1 mage using scripts and now you assume all the others do the same? don't remove the 15% pdef bonus and spark, they are fine as they are at this very moment,delete this thread before tryhards get mad.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Mages have become tanky coz of scripts and def camp, its true
since u cant remove scripting and the insta def switch, remove def cape / phy 15% rpd or atleast 10% of it
or
remove their genie spark
is either u pick dmg or defence
lets not make it all about mages its not the only class that camp def lol, i hit 6-7k on any ea that do the def camp lets not talk about the 5ks on the sins. They do need spark to kill sometimes. 
Think about it, you'd basicaly encourage def camping further due to too little (debatable so lets say less) def without it.
^ but def camp wouldnt even help since it wont even be able to kill an ea in 1v1, now its an even match up.
Restrict the defence gear to support classes only bring back the nice fast paced that we used to have :-X
I dont have problem with fast paced pvp since i barely die on this or any other server with no def gear, but fast paced pk is boring you just mindlessly aa your party leader and kill everything in 0.1 sec, its much more fun when you need actually to do something other than mindlessly aa and spam skills 

Offline Nooby

• Nid to git gut
  • Modder
  • Characters: Noobward and Alts
  • Faction: ?!?
Please keep it clean now.
Could you clean WC also ...?
On Topic:
Well as many allready said the problem is not only mages or sins every class can def camp ..maybe some defence adjustments all around for all classes to make def camping less profitable(ring restriction comes to mind first) but that would hurt the tank bases classes allready in game(barbs n bms will cry :C) ....but you would need to take into account that rolling for decent def (and gear overall) has gotten a lot easier and even if your rings are set to class(or something else idk other example atm..maybe base def of gears a bit lower)..you will still have a decent def but you wont be immortal the pace of the game will pick up thus more fun to be had.
idk my 2 cents..bie o/

Offline wasdz

• Forum Veteran
My EA already kills any mage without hassle even with the 15% bonus. The bonus isn't the problem, it's the scripting itself which causes "instability" in balance. Sins can literally sit there tanking any class without hassle in defense gears; look at maxime for example, he is almost impossible to kill unless you're hella lucky to catch him in attack gear.  
I 1v1'd both Swane and Doms WB on EA and mage, and both 1v1s lasted well over 30 minutes with no victor due to me not even being able to get them down to even 20% hp because I deal around 8k crits on both chars, whilst they have HP pool of around 80k or so. They can literally sit there afk tanking me.

Point is any class can have retardly stupid defense with the right gear, nerf the choices made with Rings (And capes for whoever uses them) by restricting them to classes actually meant for tanking. 

Ps. what mage uses def cape?
♡ Bellend ♡

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
lets not make it all about mages its not the only class that camp def lol, i hit 6-7k on any ea that do the def camp lets not talk about the 5ks on the sins. They do need spark to kill sometimes. ^ but def camp wouldnt even help since it wont even be able to kill an ea in 1v1, now its an even match up.I dont have problem with fast paced pvp since i barely die on this or any other server with no def gear, but fast paced pk is boring you just mindlessly aa your party leader and kill everything in 0.1 sec, its much more fun when you need actually to do something other than mindlessly aa and spam skills
go remove genie spark and u acquire exactly what u stated above
no 'fast 0.1 sec kills'
:normal-1:

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
no 'fast 0.1 sec kills'
lets not make it all about mages its not the only class that camp def lol, i hit 6-7k on any ea that do the def camp lets not talk about the 5ks on the sins. They do need spark to kill sometimes. ^
Not everyone is the one shot like you

Offline ...

• Old Player
no 'fast 0.1 sec kills'
There is also a genie skill called Soul of Fire,use it sometimes.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Not everyone is the one shot like you
:o so i should camp till duel

Offline Bareback

This is funny, but I agree to some extant. The boost mages got was intended to help them live through hieros that happened really often in mass pk, especially when targeted by a few ea's. However, couple this 15% reduce physical damage taken boost with defence cape, defence tome, defence ornaments, reduce physical damage taken armor and defence weapon and you've got yourselves a killing machine that is nearly immune to damage.

So I agree to removing the 15% rpd from gear. It's definitely not needed in 1v1, and in mass pk you won't get hiero'd with a decent defence set.  (Unless there's 5 china ea's on you)

But I don't agree with removing spark. It disheartens me to see it used on assassins and archers so much in 1v1's and if you could restrict it from being used on these classes it would be great, but sadly there is no way to kill arcane classes without it. If your arcane opponent uses a simple defence set consisting of just one defence weapon, your damage will be too low to kill them in time before they use some sort of counter.

Offline Zhake

• Ferocity★ Director
  • Characters: time
  • Faction: Outcasts☆ 2018
GMs, please remove def from mg, and genie spark so that these unskilled gof int sins can make wins in 1 vs 1, ty.

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
 :normal-2: :normal-2: what are you on about, ofcourse mage is going to be immortal if you play like yangster (swithc whole gear set+ cards) but if you only switch wep, tome, ring it gives you enough defense not to get heiroed by sins, or 1 shot by barbs

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
okay then i ll state my oppinion on this as well.... maybe i might be "too classical" on that but regarding wizards (and all other DDs too) a wiz is a DD class and DD classes are supposed to do damage. And if you realise you are playing a DD class and you realise that you are supposed to deal damage you MIGHT realise too that you should deal as much dmg as possible per hit.... So (maybe just) in my oppinion DDs shouldnt camp def gear at all cause their job is to nuke ppl and then die themselves cause their job is done and not tank as much as possible... At least that is how i play my archer and i dont care if ppl call me squishy when i get aaed on in mass pk (OMG SHOCKING!!! BAQWULF pks too O.O ) cause if i look at my dmg log i deal double dmg on them that they deal on me.... whatever
On the other side regarding genie spark... i gotta admit that i am not familiar with all genie skills but as far as i know spark is the only skill that reduces targets elemental def this far... if i am wrong and there is some skill for Wood/Water/Earth/Metal resistance too please feel free to tell me...
Since you cant change ppls playstyle by argueing with them or so i d suggest to nerf the genie spark somehow... ty
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Insanity

Hello everyone!

Since everyone in EPW uses def sets and the amount of def campers has increased, many classes lean to take the pk to a state in which numbers / duel decides the winner, duel applying in playoffs of course every class has a weak point and can die at some point but some  try hard to get in duels or aren't killable in any way
Wizards has been boosted before the existence of 'def camping sets' and now since everyone has them, wizards have become way too tanky and even my sin (with 74 ATK level with 2.86 GOF and what is around 45k patk) cant take one down unless a special case or the wizard doesn't know what he's doing or does't use script ( Yes everyone uses script these days). reaching a state in which no physical class can kill a wizard even if is a matter of outplay is stupid
my sin with gof and all sht deals 2.2-2.4k 3 sparked aps and isn't able to take it down even after using occult genie
the damage outcome is stupidly low and it doesn't even forces the Wizards to use genie as a defensive role
now some smartass sin gonna come and say that he can do it and u just have to dph, he cant do it and i'm sure of it, thats why even best 'dph' sins such as > put names here < are forced to win 1v1s vs wizards in duels every single time at playoffs and mass pk in terms of damage, if a mage is buffed, u cant kill it unless u purge while every other class dies
the amount of wizards has increased drastically in the past few months just because of this un-needed boost that aga did, or atleast, at that moment needed, which currently is not necessary
I have wizard myself and I tested tanking sins with just using purify weapon with 2x def and normal def gears and I was able to tank sins without using genie, and my purify was working even against DPH sins. Without making this post so long and boring lets just say this
I suggest fixing taking genie spark away ( or lowering its %) and taking the 15% pdef set bonus, it isn't balanced how they can hit 60k in 1 click.
As my Seby says "either make them have a loss going with that high def or take the def and let their dmg".
? you are one to complain about def camping
arcane helm vit tome dragon cape dragon top def wep, that's unkillable as well you wait till duel to get maybe lucky and win in anything
camping in this server has become moronic, people only used def wep months ago and it was fine, now it's just boring as fuuck and the only solution is restricting some def gear for some classes, personally i wouldn't mind removing vit tome and dragon cape from the server(not that important if rings were restricted), restricting pdef rings to light and heavy classes only,magic rings to magic classes and wbs/eas, arcane helm to arcane classes only
it's the only way

p.s. genie spark and 15% physical damage taken are fine the way they are without the def gear stated above

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
okay then i ll state my oppinion on this as well.... maybe i might be "too classical" on that but regarding wizards (and all other DDs too) a wiz is a DD class and DD classes are supposed to do damage. And if you realise you are playing a DD class and you realise that you are supposed to deal damage you MIGHT realise too that you should deal as much dmg as possible per hit.... So (maybe just) in my oppinion DDs shouldnt camp def gear at all cause their job is to nuke ppl and then die themselves cause their job is done and not tank as much as possible... At least that is how i play my archer and i dont care if ppl call me squishy when i get aaed on in mass pk (OMG SHOCKING!!! BAQWULF pks too O.O ) cause if i look at my dmg log i deal double dmg on them that they deal on me.... whatever
On the other side regarding genie spark... i gotta admit that i am not familiar with all genie skills but as far as i know spark is the only skill that reduces targets elemental def this far... if i am wrong and there is some skill for Wood/Water/Earth/Metal resistance too please feel free to tell me...
Since you cant change ppls playstyle by argueing with them or so i d suggest to nerf the genie spark somehow... ty
U pK? and its not only about mass pk. its about 1vs1

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
If you remove that, then you might aswell remove everything else that is seemingly 'op' against other classes :-\. The gameplay of everyone now is pretty much the same, heavily relying on def gear since that is what 1v1s has evolved to.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked