Epic Perfect World

Right

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
I seriously think gms have no right to close any threads mainly when it's 100% in control I'f any rule is broken they may . This is a special request if u don't have Answers to the question or solution to the problem let aga close the topic please idk WTf would a gm lock something that isn't his mainly when there is nothing wrong with it

Typing from phone please avoid misspells

Thx and sorry in advance

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
I've seen a lot of closed threads and they mainly close them because of the following:

- The question/Concern, etc has been solved.
- The thread has started growing into more of a flame than staying on topic.
- Kinda related to second entry I typed but: Swaying off the topic. And this includes the GM already warning everyone to stay on topic. If it continues to sway off topic, it's most likely going to be closed.

I think it's a good idea that they lock/close threads. Some threads even now need to be locked for a while now but all in time.

The reason I say that is because there are some threads that can be an on-going topic and some threads that can consist of a reasoning of question/answering.

- If someone has a selling or buying thread and they already sold/bought whatever they needed, they should post that everything is bought/sold and it will be locked to avoid any other pointless posts.

- If someone has a topic for example: "What is your favorite snack?" That can be an on-going topic that may continue on and on for quite a while. (I'm not sure if that would get locked after a certain amount of time due to no posters, etc.) But don't think it will be closed for any other reason than that and people swaying it wayyy off topic for too long.

- Majority of the posts I've seen locked RECENTLY are one's asking for a GM to have a certain time zone or asking why a GM hasn't been online for X amount of time. And that post led to flaming/insult to GM(s). Which is against the rules. And quite honestly, these stupid rage on GM's is getting EXTREMELY old.

And me being really really active on the forums, personally... It annoys me that some posts don't get locked when they're extremely outdated already. I wanna see what's new or see more important things that are on the "New" agenda not constantly seeing old posts get bumped up and up and up, cluttering the "Latest Topic's" box. But that's just me, and I'm sure most GM's are locking and deleting posts mostly because of the reasons I stated.

Not trying to be rude or anything, just stating my opinion.
~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
Lol the GM's on this server are makeing ppls leave the server insted of staying 0.o they getting angry on posts? lol where's the profesionalism? and the 6h thing ya is a bit to much but no1 say'd GMs should stay online 6 hours in game...there are more then 2-3 GMs and i barelly see 1. Also the Truth most of the time hurts so. xD

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
Lol the GM's on this server are makeing ppls leave the server insted of staying 0.o they getting angry on posts? lol where's the profesionalism? and the 6h thing ya is a bit to much but no1 say'd GMs should stay online 6 hours in game...there are more then 2-3 GMs and i barelly see 1. Also the Truth most of the time hurts so. xD

The GM involved in the topic was insulted because they were accused of not doing anything but editing pictures and appearances in the game which don't matter. The GM replied with how they've worked for 2 weeks straight on any free time they had available to work on some kind of event (forgive me if I'm wrong about the details). But that's basically how it went.

Put yourself in the GM's shoes. You're in your 20's or late 20's and are going to school (maybe work also?) helping a friend manage a game, and homework/test preparations for your schooling on top of all that. And when you DO have free time to do what you WANNA do, (Be on here/Help people on here) you work on the event/editing/support your job is on the server.

Then you see all these posts on the forums with some people accusing you of doing things you aren't or complaining constantly about you not being active. It sucks. You'd be pissed or at LEAST a bit bothered by it. And think of that happening constantly everyday almost. I'd be ticked off after a while. I'm not even a GM and it annoys the LIVING HELL out of me seeing people rage hardcore over GM's...I'll quote something I wrote in another post relating to this.

~Comment of mine from another topic:

What's the HUGE deal with you guys anyways and the GM's? Like..Not trying to flame or anything just seriously asking. What's so life threatening and terribly important that you're so angry that a GM isn't around to help you? Like I understand if you just hit 150 and you somehow got rolled back to 110 (lol) or if you made a 145/150 wep or something and it randomly disappeared. But other than that, a screen shot can solve a lot of problems that you guys may encounter or something.

Things in WC or pm, or even general chat...If someone is insulting you, screen shot. I, on the other hand never needed a GM for anything really only bugged Brash about 2 times on Skype. And that was to ask if the voting thing was messed up (because for some reason it kept letting me vote constantly), and when the server was under attack I asked the next day if it was safe to update. AFTER checking forums and everything for information.
And you won't believe how many times I've been insulted in pm. I've been called things you'd probably cry over and spammed cuss words. I'm not someone that talks at all in-game, really either. I keep to myself and play the game/do what I need to do. But I don't care, never bothered me. Yeah, it might bother some people but like I said...If it bothers you that badly, take a screen shot. If it's something like a bad glitch or something/rollback/missing item. THEN you NEED a GM.

Sorry but that's my opinion. Again, not trying to troll/flame/be a piss-off. I've just seen so many GM topics over and over and over and it's getting old.
Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012, 06:12 am by Azzhole
~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Offline Sylver

A Game Moderator's Job is to Help ppls in game and or fix bug's etc...if u dont have time to be a GM why u accept the job? is not our fault as is not they'rs too, no1 is obligate'ing them to accept it...a game needs staff who are there to help u mabe it sound's a little rough but is the truth...1sth day i played on this server a GM called me stupid...where's the professionalism in that? did'ent did an ss bec i can forgive "u" 1 time, but if "u "continue i wont.

Offline Sylver

Also i told the GM i dont have time to play all day here....the GM answer was..if u dont have time Why do u play? well now im asking ...If u dont have time to do ure GM job why are u a GM?

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
if such things happened you should have taken a ScreenShot and send it to Agatio...he will take the appropriate measures im sure of it.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
another thread about to get locked . ijs.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Sylver

The main reason i dident did a SS 1sth time is i whanted to quit this serv....so i sayd is no point ill leave it this way...

And i know this thread will get locked xD ...well atleast we sayd our point of view..or i did xD

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
we dont lock things randomly ;) only when they get out of crontrol. the comments i mean. aside from that the topics are staying opened for players to express theyr feelings ;) i dont mind reading player critics i actually enjoy it cuz i leanr from them and from my mistakes  :-\

Offline Sylver

Good to hear that ... not manny think like that tough...but good 4 u  8)

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
10 points for my spelling  ???

Offline Sylver

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
we dont lock things randomly ;) only when they get out of crontrol. the comments i mean. aside from that the topics are staying opened for players to express theyr feelings ;) i dont mind reading player critics i actually enjoy it cuz i leanr from them and from my mistakes  :-\

my spelling :x nvm if u didnt notice then its fine *whistles*

Offline NexNation

I've seen a lot of closed threads and they mainly close them because of the following:

- The question/Concern, etc has been solved.
- The thread has started growing into more of a flame than staying on topic.
- Kinda related to second entry I typed but: Swaying off the topic. And this includes the GM already warning everyone to stay on topic. If it continues to sway off topic, it's most likely going to be closed.

I think it's a good idea that they lock/close threads. Some threads even now need to be locked for a while now but all in time.

The reason I say that is because there are some threads that can be an on-going topic and some threads that can consist of a reasoning of question/answering.

- If someone has a selling or buying thread and they already sold/bought whatever they needed, they should post that everything is bought/sold and it will be locked to avoid any other pointless posts.

- If someone has a topic for example: "What is your favorite snack?" That can be an on-going topic that may continue on and on for quite a while. (I'm not sure if that would get locked after a certain amount of time due to no posters, etc.) But don't think it will be closed for any other reason than that and people swaying it wayyy off topic for too long.

- Majority of the posts I've seen locked RECENTLY are one's asking for a GM to have a certain time zone or asking why a GM hasn't been online for X amount of time. And that post led to flaming/insult to GM(s). Which is against the rules. And quite honestly, these stupid rage on GM's is getting EXTREMELY old.

And me being really really active on the forums, personally... It annoys me that some posts don't get locked when they're extremely outdated already. I wanna see what's new or see more important things that are on the "New" agenda not constantly seeing old posts get bumped up and up and up, cluttering the "Latest Topic's" box. But that's just me, and I'm sure most GM's are locking and deleting posts mostly because of the reasons I stated.

Not trying to be rude or anything, just stating my opinion.
+1