Epic Perfect World

Bamboo and win 7

Offline Soleil

• it's been a while :)
  • happy holidays :)
  • Characters: TinyEG
  • Faction: Gemini
(not sure if this is the right section, you can transfer it elsewhere if needed.)

i got a new  win 7 pc and am trying to install my graphic tablet (wacom bamboo) but it's not working. went around the net and win 7 seems to be a general nightmare for wacom users. i tried every solution they suggested but it still isn't working. 

before i give up, i just would like to know if anyone here is using their wacom tablets on a win 7 pc and if so, how do you manage to make it work. maybe i should partition and install linux? i find this ironic because this is a pc with graphic design specs and yet i can't use my tablet :/

if nothing works, i will have to put my tablet back on my old win xp pc and work from there then transfer files on this one.

any suggestion?

tks and have a nice day/eve.
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline ╰❇╮

• Nurse
  • Characters: IDesire - Amatusaru - MoonFall
bumpi cause need to be solved!!!
Els no drawing people!!!

Shazzy my cutie wifu!
✿   Ty Royal for the lovely art   ✿

Astralis

Hey. I'm using wacom bamboo tablet on win7 ultimate and have no issues with it at all..did you download drivers from wacom website for the tablet you're using?
Also is it usb version or wireless?

Offline Soleil

Hey. I'm using wacom bamboo tablet on win7 ultimate and have no issues with it at all..did you download drivers from wacom website for the tablet you're using?
Also is it usb version or wireless?
hi Astralis, tks for your reply.

you have win7 ultimate, mine is professional, idk the difference but maybe it's huge for this issue.

i did download the latest drivers but the problem is still there.

my tablet is usb, and i plugged it in the front of the tower, maybe it should be in the back but the cord/wire isn't long enough :/

in any case, i think i will explore the linux option. btw, i heard that win10 -- which is due to be out this july -- will include some linux elements in it (which i'm very surprised about and got many peeps quite excited).

i'm just wondering if any other artists here have the same problem.
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Astralis

It shouldnt cause any problems no matter win7. All that comes to my mind is trying to plug it behind on tower and if it works just get extending usb cable or usb hub.
I had problems with pc not recognizing the tablet when I plugged it in front, but it was because my frontal usb ports got messed up so I'm using hub that's plugged in the tower on the back and I have no problems whatsoever.
Other than that try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers again and triple check if you're installing the right ones. This also might do the trick.

On a side note did your pc come with pre-installed windows or you had someone do it? Because if someone else did it you might have corrupted files. I had issue with that and no game wanted to install, so clean windows reinstall did the trick. Maybe that's the problem.

I'm not familiar with Linux that's why I'm trying to find answer for win7 :/
Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:06 pm by Astralis

Offline Soleil

I had problems with pc not recognizing the tablet when I plugged it in front, but it was because my frontal usb ports got messed up so I'm using hub that's plugged in the tower on the back and I have no problems whatsoever.
Other than that try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers again and triple check if you're installing the right ones. This also might do the trick.

On a side note did your pc come with pre-installed windows or you had someone do it? Because if someone else did it you might have corrupted files. I had issue with that and no game wanted to install, so clean windows reinstall did the trick. Maybe that's the problem.

I'm not familiar with Linux that's why I'm trying to find answer for win7 :/
i couldn't find usb extensions cable/hubs around here so i moved my tower on top of my desk and managed to plug my tablet in the back. 
reinstalled wacom/bamboo/drivers but still not working.

i finally wrote to wacom support who requested pictures of the model and key no, which i sent and am waiting for their reply.
in the meantime, i could keep working on my old pc but it would be nice to be able to use both. 

my new pc came with pre-installed win 7, i'm too lazy to go the DIY way, hehe...

Linux note: it's an independant open source stable OS that many people are using now to replace windows. Microsoft, in order to recuperate its clients from Linux, is integrating linux elements in its upcoming Win 10, which is now offered for free download to win 7 users 
so, one way or the other (replies from Wacom/upgrading win 7 to 10), my tablet problem should be solved soon.

i haven't installed EPW yet. i'll have to read docs to check compatibility with win 7 along with my graphic card, etc etc.;

tks for your reply again :)

Offline Akeya

• flash animator
  • Characters: AkeyA, AkEyA, RoVie
  • Faction: HellRazor
im also using a wacom with win7 ultimate. do u have your win 7 32bit or 64?
i've heard 32bit users are having problems with wacom. it mostly uses 64bit

Offline Soleil

im also using a wacom with win7 ultimate. do u have your win 7 32bit or 64?
i've heard 32bit users are having problems with wacom. it mostly uses 64bit
64bit, wow so there's hope after all, thanks!
still waiting for wacom's reply, tks for yours.
just downloaded game and installed and it works fine, even better (with my new ge force card).

(love your anims btw)  :D

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
The only thing i can really think of is to check if there are any missing updates for your win and if you got your service packs installed
(should do that on its own but mine didn't and it caused a number of issues that were solved once i googled for and downloaded the service packs)

Offline Soleil

The only thing i can really think of is to check if there are any missing updates for your win and if you got your service packs installed
(should do that on its own but mine didn't and it caused a number of issues that were solved once i googled for and downloaded the service packs)
updates: checked and completed; service packs: checked and completed.

still not working.

so i put the tablet back on my old pc, which works just fine and will wait for either wacom's reply or win 10, whichever comes first. 

OT: now i'd like to link the 2 pc's together, and also, on my dell screen, i can plug 3 screens + 1 tv (for multitasking), but i'd be happy with only 2 screens so i could be drawing while ingame, whoa that would be nice. but i still have to learn how to do all that.

tks for your reply.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Which drivers have you installed? 
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/win/consumer/pentablet_5.3.5-3.exe from here? They are OS independent and work on both 32/64 bits version

Offline Soleil

Which drivers have you installed?
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/win/consumer/pentablet_5.3.5-3.exe from here? They are OS independent and work on both 32/64 bits version
hi and welcome back Agatio, vacation was nice?
yep, that's the driver i d/loaded and installed, still not working but thanks for helping!

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
hi and welcome back Agatio, vacation was nice? 
yep, that's the driver i d/loaded and installed, still not working but thanks for helping!

They were great, thank you!

And I'm sorry to hear your problem. I can only suggest you trying different USB ports you have, maybe these on the back as well to see if it works. Also make sure your Windows 7 is fully updated, including Service Pack 1.

Offline Soleil

woot woot, it's working now, for the moment, keeping fingers crossed.<

problem was i previously installed bamboo dock with the cd that came with the tablet and it didn't work. i downloaded and installed newer version from wacom site, plus the driver mentioned above and it's working fine now.

thanks for all your helpful replies  :D

Offline ╰❇╮

• Nurse
  • Characters: IDesire - Amatusaru - MoonFall
Happy to hear that it's finally working 

Shazzy my cutie wifu!
✿   Ty Royal for the lovely art   ✿