Epic Perfect World

Consignment Shop

Offline Naneun

Epic Perfect World's Currency is EC ( Epic Coin ). People buy and sell things using EC. It would be nice if consignment shops will revolve around EC. Due to different timezones, Europeans,Americans, and Asians can't be online at somepoint because of real life. Just like Asians have limited access to Europians items ( Perfect Time - is where many players are online at a certain time ) Europeans perfect time is at 19:00-21:00(estimated), in PH time that is (3am-5am).

So ya, I suggest that we can vend our items through EC. You could put some tax.

Would your suggestion be possible without PWI development?
Hm.. Idk.. if not then trash this thread already :).
Would your suggestion be useful to gameplay?
Oh yes people can browse shops like a market..
Would your suggestion boost the custom nature of the server?
Yes..
Would your suggestion be worth the time, effort and resources?
Yes..

Trash this thread if there are already existing threads which are rejected..
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:16 am by VSParate

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
Consignment shops are how some people get their EC, by paying coins for it, and also one of the only places where coin is useful, other than the cost for forging and upgrading things and teleporting.

-1, would makes regular coins irrelevant, and a lot of the EC market changes dependant on the relative value of coins. Ther correlations are subtle, but still there.
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

• Esra
  • *Dandelion*
i would pay ec not coin x.x
+1 if possible

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Its ***ing Europeans , we aren't from Ethiopia 
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Naneun

Yes, people who buy and sell Tele or Ec as there living will be affected but they are like 10 people who do that.

Indeed, the prices will drop because of the competition but remember, Sellers spent hundreds or maybe even THOUSANDS of tele just to get that item sold. They spend a lots of EC/Gold just to get that item sold so a little price drop is not so big effect.
Also, players will spent less time in finding/selling there items. Isn't worth?

Also, it wouldn't make coins irrelevant because of the engraving and etc. If they have like billions of coins then the GM could simply add a function where you can make your coin turn in to a note then sell it in ec...

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
Yes, people who buy and sell Tele or Ec as there living will be affected but they are like 10 people who do that.

Indeed, the prices will drop because of the competition but remember, Sellers spent hundreds or maybe even THOUSANDS of tele just to get that item sold. They spend a lots of EC/Gold just to get that item sold so a little price drop is not so big effect.
Also, players will spent less time in finding/selling there items. Isn't worth?

Also, it wouldn't make coins irrelevant because of the engraving and etc. If they have like billions of coins then the GM could simply add a function where you can make your coin turn in to a note then sell it in ec...
No, it's not worth. Because notes would have NO value, so nobody would BUY them for EC. "Engraving and etc" requires so few coins that you can walk out of SZ in most places, kill a mob, and have enough. A bit of a hyperbole, but still. Need 1m coins to make that first forge of R8? Go to OHT, AoE ONCE, and you have it.  Normally, if I comment "-1, would break the economy", I'm being sarcastic. But no, this would ripple, trust me. 
As far as "ten people" buying and selling EC and teles, you've obviously not seen the Commission Shop and its EC lately, or gone to West Arch at all . Granted, it's currently somewhat barren, but give it a few hours for people to wake up, and you'll see the teleporter crowded with shops, all the way down to the banker. 

Offline Naneun

EC>Coins ( Undeniable Truth ) EC is really the currency of Epic PW.

If coins can be easily be hunted then why need do they sell there items with coins? It's like ec you can hunt it but most of the people are lazy.

Why do people sell there items to coins if there is EC?
Because they need coins. There will be people who will vend notes in EC.

You know what's ironic? EC is suppose to be the demand of every player yet they can't vend while you can vend with coins. There is always a TELE if you want to sell your items with coins.. Just like a seller TELE's when he/she sells his item.
Approve this you will see Arch West will be overpopulated...

Remember not all people can tele... but everyone can vend. You will see people flooding the WC with EC items but are they all the sellers? NOPE, there are tons of players who want to sell / buy.. Literally speaking coins aren't that much important than EC

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
EC>Coins ( Undeniable Truth ) EC is really the currency of Epic PW.

Why do people sell there items to coins if there is EC?
Because they need coins, they are people who will vend notes in EC .

You know what's ironic? EC is suppose to be the demand of every player yet they can't vend while you can vend with coins. There is always a TELE if you want to sell your items with coins.. Just like a seller TELE's when he/she sells his item.
Approve this you will see Arch West will be overpopulated...

Remember not all people can tele... but everyone can vend. You will see people flooding the WC with EC items but are they all the sellers? NOPE, there are tons of players who want to sell / buy.. Literally speaking coins aren't that much important than EC
"Not everyone can tele"
Vote. Buy them from West. Yeah, everyone can. It's pretty cheap to. This isn't retail where only the rich can afford teles. It's 20 silver each.
And while they ARE the main currency of EPW, they are also backed by coins, just as most of the currency in the world is backed by gold. A deflation in gold leads to a deflation in a country's currency. A deflation in coins leads to a deflation in EC. It happens all the time. Economics 101, here.

Edit: Pardon me, I missed your first point. Because some things aren't worth a full EC. Like Teles. 1.5=1.7m coins, whereas EC are 2.07m atm

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex
"Not everyone can tele"
Vote. Buy them from West. Yeah, everyone can. It's pretty cheap to. This isn't retail where only the rich can afford teles. It's 20 silver each.
And while they ARE the main currency of EPW, they are also backed by coins, just as most of the currency in the world is backed by gold. A deflation in gold leads to a deflation in a country's currency. A deflation in coins leads to a deflation in EC. It happens all the time. Economics 101, here.

Edit: Pardon me, I missed your first point. Because some things aren't worth a full EC. Like Teles. 1.5=1.7m coins, whereas EC are 2.07m atm
your point makes no sense.
People stack EC because its the main currency, people only get coins when they need it (level skills or hone etc)
there is not a single person on this server who stacks coins for a living. So if you would add the option of a shop where you can offer items for EC as well as coins this will not affect economy what so ever.
if anything it would open up the economy with is stagnant around good engraved ornaments atm.
people will need coins just as much as they do now and this won't chance.
+1
Lol i fak you

Offline Stroopwafel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
your point makes no sense.
People stack EC because its the main currency, people only get coins when they need it (level skills or hone etc)
there is not a single person on this server who stacks coins for a living. So if you would add the option of a shop where you can offer items for EC as well as coins this will not affect economy what so ever.
if anything it would open up the economy with is stagnant around good engraved ornaments atm.
people will need coins just as much as they do now and this won't chance.
+1
Pretty much this.. you use most of the coins for a newly made character when you need to lvl up its skills.. afterwards you might need it for dolls,charms and similar stuff (like fashion heh) but you don't need 85395843 stacks of 10mil notes for that which is why, in the end, you have 10mil notes in boutique too.
However kinda doubt its possible change the consigment shop to work with ecs, kinda like catshops and auction house  :-X I might be wrong doe.

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
there is not a single person on this server who stacks coins for a living. So if you would add the option of a shop where you can offer items for EC as well as 
Have you ever been to west arch? See all those people in shops? They do. All of them. From turning coins into EC.

"People stack EC because its the main currency, people only get coins when they need it (level skills or hone etc)"

Or when they want to buy skills. Demon/Sage skills go for 5m coins on the AH. Which is a lot better than 30 EC per skill from the Botique. Or when they want mats for gearing up as a new player. Sand and leaves are 1-2m coins each any given day by the forges. Sure, they could get them from a faction base, but not everyone belongs to a faction.  What about FC mats? Those sell, too. Raps and Uncannies are often sold for coins.

What you said implied making EC replace coins in shops. No, that is absolutely unacceptable. But adding the OPTION? Yes, that would be viable. Possibly. If it could be programmed like that. But making EC replace coins in vendor shops? I'll quit the server the day that happens.

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
I've even picked up Morai and AEU skills for just 30m coins. 

Offline Sokien

• Faction: 0fk
I think Aga mentioned in one post that it's not possible to make EC as the paying method in shops.

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex

What you said implied making EC replace coins in shops. No, that is absolutely unacceptable. 
no it didn't. this is what i said quoted from my comment
So if you would add the option of a shop where you can offer items for EC as well as coins this will not affect economy what so ever." 

how did i imply to make it EC only?

your the one crying it will ruin economy with no good argument what so ever.

as gloom pointed out i doubt it will be possible doe
Lol i fak you

Offline Naneun

I think Aga mentioned in one post that it's not possible to make EC as the paying method in shops.
I also have that feeling xD.. but let's try until 100% sure..