Epic Perfect World

Donation Genies

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
+-1,
one of the main attraction to this server is the fact rl$$ won't give you any particular advantage over non donators, other than getting your shit faster which is acceptable.
As for the many decent players that have 134/150 genies, they got it the hard way too (or just bought it of another player's hard work :p, either way someone worked patiently enough for it).
If you must implement such genies, i'd suggest it to be added to boutique shop ingame so people can get it through voting to make it fair. Rather than just make it exclusive to donators. That way donators can still get it faster through donatons and non donators aren't left out of anything either.
+1 only if this^

heiro

-9, ARE U SRS M9???????? THIS'LL RUIN SERVER ECONOMY..................UNBALANCE THE FCUK OUT OF IT ZOMG

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Whats the difference between someone donating to buy someones 130 genie and donating for a donation genie imo.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
-9, ARE U SRS M9???????? THIS'LL RUIN SERVER ECONOMY..................UNBALANCE THE FCUK OUT OF IT ZOMG
They see me trollin'... They hatin'...  8)

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
All -1s are people who dont want people to have the same advantage as them/equal gear.
Or people who don't want their several hundreds of thousands of ec purchase be worth squat over night, I suppose there is a way to help it if old genies could be traded with Agatio for the approximate worth it has (130 = 25k ec and every 1 point above that being worth 15k until 135, from then on each point above it would be worth 30k ec)

Offline Naneun

This thread is like can i donate instead of rerolling?
Why not make Genies rerollable without crafting? and make a donation shop lets name it Genie's  Ore which can be available in donation shop then it would be fair to people who spent 1000+ crafts of genie.. and to other players who have this..

If players can reroll thousands just to get 3x-int
why not make it in genies :) instead for donating and getting a good genie that would really have an effect to the server.
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:55 am by VSParate

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
This thread is like can i donate instead of rerolling?
Why not make Genies rerollable without crafting? and make a donation shop lets name it Genie's  Ore which can be available in donation shop then it would be fare to people who spent 1000+ crafts of genie.. and to other players who have this..

If players can reroll thousands just to get 3x-int
why not make it in genies :) instead for donating and getting a good genie that would really have an effect to the server.
Wat...

Anyways, +1 to Shinigami's post:
+-1,
one of the main attraction to this server is the fact rl$$ won't give you any particular advantage over non donators, other than getting your shit faster which is acceptable.
As for the many decent players that have 134/150 genies, they got it the hard way too (or just bought it of another player's hard work :p, either way someone worked patiently enough for it).
If you must implement such genies, i'd suggest it to be added to boutique shop ingame so people can get it through voting to make it fair. Rather than just make it exclusive to donators. That way donators can still get it faster through donatons and non donators aren't left out of anything either.
600 gold sounds good to me. Not too cheap, not too expensive. People can farm the cash for this.
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:36 am by ℋᵉˣ

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Or people who don't want their several hundreds of thousands of ec purchase be worth squat over night, I suppose there is a way to help it if old genies could be traded with Agatio for the approximate worth it has (130 = 25k ec and every 1 point above that being worth 15k until 135, from then on each point above it would be worth 30k ec)
Oh is that how that works? So if an item decreases in value somehow its the devs responsibilty to repay you? 
Invest in anything folks if you get screwed just demand you get payed back by devs! 
Bought a good engrave back in the day for more than it is now? Demand ecs! 
You got what you payed for, you've had the genie while the rest havent. And you'll continue to have it after aswell. 

This server reminds me of official so much, a playerbase that trys so hard to keep new players down so that you can keep your gear advantages...

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
Paying 130K for a genie with 1-2 more LP than another is just utterly ridiculous in any way you see it.

The only reason I want this is because the market for 130+ genies is very very dead because most people keep them.

I don't wanna pay 130K for a genie that has only 5 or so more LP than another, just so I can have 100% occult ice proc instead of 95%.

This servers market has confused me from the start, but I don't see how just a few stat points can make such a huge difference in price.. Especially when genies at the end of the day make such minuscule differences in PK overall. That small advantage of perhaps 5% more chance to proc though would be worth donating imo.

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
I don't see how this is different than fixed stat gear in donation shop. Just because it gives minor advantage, it doesn't mean that it's no advantage at all. If agatio would be so kind to post lucky point probability distribution, I would tell you how hard it is to get a 135/150 genie and how donators will have a huge edge over non-donators, not to mention there are no efficient ways to farm spirit even if you don't have a problem with inventory spaces.

I don't wanna pay 130K for a genie that has only 5 or so more LP than another, just so I can have 100% occult ice proc instead of 95%.

Then don't, try to make it yourself.

This servers market has confused me from the start, but I don't see how just a few stat points can make such a huge difference in price.. Especially when genies at the end of the day make such minuscule differences in PK overall. That small advantage of perhaps 5% more chance to proc though would be worth donating imo.

Because it's much more rare the higher it goes. I don't know why it confuses you, as that's how it works everywhere. I think a much more extreme example are ornaments. (+1 ATK +11 Dexterity costs the same as a clean ornament, +2 ATK +11 Dexterity costs up to 100k)

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Oh is that how that works? So if an item decreases in value somehow its the devs responsibilty to repay you?
Invest in anything folks if you get screwed just demand you get payed back by devs!
Bought a good engrave back in the day for more than it is now? Demand ecs!
You got what you payed for, you've had the genie while the rest havent. And you'll continue to have it after aswell.

This server reminds me of official so much, a playerbase that trys so hard to keep new players down so that you can keep your gear advantages...
Sure, if the reason it drops in value so much is because of the dev introducing a new item (in this case, the hypothetical donation genie which has to be a lot cheaper than what the playerbase currently charges) then he should make it right with those who spent ungodly amounts, what if someone spent 200k ec on a genie 1 week before these supposed donation genies were to become reality? Would you say it's fair since he got to have the genie for a week more than other players? I'd feel supremely screwed over, maybe enough to not wanna play anymore. Besides ec isn't a finite resource, Aga can summon however much he wills, so there's no reason not to reimburse those who have bought expensive genies.

How exactly am I trying to keep new players down?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Keeping the new playerbase down because people who have spent 200K EC in the past for a previous rare genie will complain and bitch about anything that'll make their old investment invalid. Especially if these players are known donators and may have some influence on Agatio's decision.

Aside from a few people on this thread it's been unanimously +1'd by the community because it's very very hard to acquire these items themselves (By rolling)

and I feel like the only people who are -1'ing this suggestion are the ones who have previously spent thousands of EC on a genie that was worth 100K and would now be worth only 8.5K

If the price of a genie is 200K because it's been so 'rare'.. How in Gods name do people expect others to get this item, especially new players to the server who want to be on par with others? I think that the prices are so jacked up because people want to keep their bragging rights, and small advantages over the rest of the community. I understand the rage if +4 attack level rings were suddenly only worth 10K, but genies? Really? The market for these is so ridiculously low I haven't seen a 134+ for sale on world chat for weeks.. and I'm on quite a lot. I think that out of all the 'cash shop' methods in this game, this should be the most valid and understandable suggestion.

Perhaps if Agatio shed some light on the actual chances of getting a 134+ genie.. People would see a bit more clearly why we want to donate for this instead of making 3,500 genies and maybe not getting it.
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:58 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Sure, if the reason it drops in value so much is because of the dev introducing a new item (in this case, the hypothetical donation genie which has to be a lot cheaper than what the playerbase currently charges) then he should make it right with those who spent ungodly amounts, what if someone spent 200k ec on a genie 1 week before these supposed donation genies were to become reality? Would you say it's fair since he got to have the genie for a week more than other players? I'd feel supremely screwed over, maybe enough to not wanna play anymore. Besides ec isn't a finite resource, Aga can summon however much he wills, so there's no reason not to reimburse those who have bought expensive genies.

And what of those players who got lucky and made their own 135 genie? They just get a free 200k ec? Seems legit. Ec's not finite so give thousands to everyone i guess. Based on non concrete market prices that fluctuate.  
Holding back server progress because someone might have worked for something already is stupid. By that logic we should all get reimbursed for all the rerolls and ecs we spend getting to lvl 150 and r8. 

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae

You realize that official charged like 2k for r9 when it first came out right?
Then all these discounts and shit came along and made it worth like only 500.
Nobody got compensated for that though.
Why should they get compensated on this server because times change?
Just because you spent a stupid amount of EC on a genie doesn't mean that the rest of us should.
>>There are no efficient ways to farm spirit (if there were, I would have no problem farming my genie)
>>There are no 130+ LP genies on the market because everyone keeps them when they (finally) end up making one.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Keeping the new playerbase down because people who have spent 200K EC in the past for a previous rare genie will complain and bitch about anything that'll make their old investment invalid. Especially if these players are known donators and may have some influence on Agatio's decision.

Aside from a few people on this thread it's been unanimously +1'd by the community because it's very very hard to acquire these items themselves (By rolling)

and I feel like the only people who are -1'ing this suggestion are the ones who have previously spent thousands of EC on a genie that was worth 100K and would now be worth only 8.5K

If the price of a genie is 200K because it's been so 'rare'.. How in Gods name do people expect others to get this item? I think that the prices are so jacked up because people want to keep their bragging rights, ect.
I dont support cheap donation genies, 8.5k is too cheap imo. Im thinking dona 100 point or more for 135 genies to still keep the values atleast relatively high. 
I dislike the fact that no matter how much you donate you cant reach end game, not talking x3 int or channel with 150 genie end game...just normal run of the mill like the farmers end game. I feel like this would be a glod step in the right direction tbh.