Epic Perfect World

Sage Barb Pk Tips?

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
  • Characters: BarbWired
Ok so...I see a lot of things about demon barb pk, bashing against sage barbs, but I have a sage barb and it's somewhat hard to find any tips other than "your damage will suck in 1v1 don't do it"-I've killed r8 toons in 1v1 and I'm sage and level 147. I am a hybrid build (enough dex to use claws and enough strength to use poleaxe/polehammer, with the rest dumped into vit, and was wondering if any good sage or demon barbs would share pk advice for a sage barb>other classes are welcome to comment as well .  :rolleyes: Ijs...I've walked into a full Diablo squad and used the flyer drop skill to ground the cleric and walked away without dying...so no I'm not going to switch demon if you all think I should. tyvm 

~~BarbWired
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I was a Sage barb for some time. It's useless at anything apart from tanking.

If you want to PK, switch to Demon, otherwise your gameplay will be worse...

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
Ok so...I see a lot of things about demon barb pk, bashing against sage barbs, but I have a sage barb and it's somewhat hard to find any tips other than "your damage will suck in 1v1 don't do it"-I've killed r8 toons in 1v1 and I'm sage and level 147. I am a hybrid build (enough dex to use claws and enough strength to use poleaxe/polehammer, with the rest dumped into vit, and was wondering if any good sage or demon barbs would share pk advice for a sage barb>other classes are welcome to comment as well .  :rolleyes: Ijs...I've walked into a full Diablo squad and used the flyer drop skill to ground the cleric and walked away without dying...so no I'm not going to switch demon if you all think I should. tyvm

~~BarbWired
Thanks for the tip Harold...but I do just fine 1v1. Instead of shooting down sage, it'd be nice if u could give a tip or two about what u did in pk as a sage skill-wise.
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
And in regards to switching demon; I am probably going to make a trial barb and make him demon to test the difference
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
try to use aoe stun wisely... buff your squad.... keep ppl debuffed with Frighten+Roar+maybe Devour... buff your squad.... keep dropping ppl from air... buff your squad... annoy ppl as much as you can with raging slap... BUFF YOUR SQUAD
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex
Thanks for the tip Harold...but I do just fine 1v1. Instead of shooting down sage, it'd be nice if u could give a tip or two about what u did in pk as a sage skill-wise.
hes telling you the truth, sure sage barb can be annoying and knockdown to. But the only thing it excels at is tanking.
demon is better for everything else then tanking, you even say you use claws but your not demon? 

also dex/str req for weapons and rest vit is a horrible build. best to go as if you really want to remain sage is just dex/str req for gear (no claw) and go full vit. go full tank build and pull cata in TW or CTF. this is what sage barbs excel at. otherwise just go demon for more fun.

also if you don't want to take any advice, don't ask for any.
Lol i fak you

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
 :)) haha thanks man :P I 1v1 quite a bit too and the only classes I find really hard not to die against are mages. Presuming i need better mdef vs them. I tend to spam mighty swing>penetrate armor>onslaught if they try to kite then the anti-mvmt debuff and catch up>mighty swing again and DPH..is that a decent combo or is there something else I could do? It gets somewhat predictable and many 1v1s end in draws because they're taking forever  :(
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
oh right... use the knockdown and try to make fail clerics waste their SoG on you
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
hm ok clam thanks for the input. as demon would it be better to go full str or go dex/str hybrid for aps'ing? and I only use claws to finish off nabs in 1v1
ijs
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
hm ok clam thanks for the input. as demon would it be better to go full str or go dex/str hybrid for aps'ing? and I only use claws to finish off nabs in 1v1
ijs
ahh k thx that helps for mass^
rather be tanky and sealed than have a DD sealed and get 1shot
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
ahh k thx that helps for mass^
rather be tanky and sealed than have a DD sealed and get 1shot
and ive been thinking of making another barb purely for DDing and making him demon
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex
ijs
yw
as demon you either go:
84 dex and full str
420 dex and full str (claw/bow)
hybrid build (for mass)
your current build is no dmg and semi tank.
also calling other people nabs (meaning noobs, meaning new people) while your level 147 and asking for help on a public forum might look a bit weird.
Lol i fak you

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
and i've heard demon barbs tend to be squishy? is this true or just a myth...a lot of demon barbs i've seen have good pdef but idk about mdef
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
hehe looking for "help" and looking for "advice" are two seperate things  :P im just going to sift through information and test some things
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Ask BusterBlader, he's the most alpha sage wr on server. He can also give you bm tips if you need.