Epic Perfect World

Should I go demon or stay sage? (ep)

Offline Death

• Old Player
1. You lose a crap ton of hp, 2% rpd and 20 magic just for 3% ct. It's really not worth it lol... If you think the survivability loss is nothing huge then you're probably fighting really bad or undergeared players.

2. No, it can't. At least not on this server, unless you have a really good ct set. And by fast ct, I'm talking about double ct wrists (12%) so you can use ascended dragon cape, vit tome and def weap/dragon wand and still be able to channel fast enough to save your squadmates' lives when they're at a pinch. The only good demon support ep I've seen is Mai (Vais/Cheebee/Enigma), and even her went sage. I've played as demon support ep on another server where you could have defense gears and still channel fast enough (more than 90% ct) and honestly, I like it more than sage but as I said, it's just not worth it for support on this server. It's not even worth it for DD lol, sage can dd as well as demon does and it supports better.

3. That's because you're in a small guild. In guilds that mass pk and are actually good at it, if you're caught dd'ing you'll most likely be booted from guild on the moment. DD eps are useless in pk. And sorry but supporting as a demon ep with what? 60% ct? 70% at most? That's really not very helpful to your guild since you'll take a while to cast heals, and if they're getting a lot of focus, they will most likely die before you get the heal off. And no, nobody's kicking you for going demon, but you may be kicked for barely being useful, although I doubt that would happen since I bet you're probably in a :333'er pve guild like Ducks, Hellrazor, ArchEnemy, Virus, Shendola or whateverthefuq pve guilds exist nowadays.
1. I only lose 14 magic, not 20 :P Maybe I'm fighting bad players, so what? And it's not like I can't switch helmets when I think it's better for the situation. I didn't glue the ws helmet to my head.

2. Why is sage so much better than demon in support? Could you elaborate?

3. I'm not even considering joining any big guild because my computer and my internet connection wouldn't be able to handle really big pk. That and I'm perfectly happy with the fac I'm in now. I'd rather be in a 'pve' faction than in one of those shitholes with nothing but drama and dogs.

Offline MoonWolfy

• Beginner
  • Characters: LitlleWolfy wolfprinses
I think you should just try demon out, tbh i got both sage and demon ep and i play both. 
I've started playing as demon ep and did so for 1 or 2 years and really i don't think demon is that less tanky than sage is, it's all about the gear anyways. The pro's of demon are the SoR and the purify when supporting to me. It's nice that you spam purify on sage, but i always get irritated because i run out of chi on sage after being revived and stuff.
SoR has one very nice pdef buff so i loved that in mass too. 
But for 1o1ing i don't think i can really tell you which one is better. My sage ep is support with a little vit (like 200 i put in there) but thanks to the channeling and the experience i had on ep i can still manage to sometimes kill people, never went to 1o1 seriously with the sage one. 
The demon one is the one i did do more 1o1s with and played more too but the extra damage that spirit's gift (the mag buff/skill thingie if i recall, sorry if im wrong once again) is quite usefull just like the metal def reduce thingie. Oh and i should add my sage's gears are better, so pking is a little easier on her to me. 
Anyways i think both are fit for DDing and stuff and both are really nice to play. So you really should just try it out and see if you like it ^^

Angelica

honestly I don't 1v1 but in small pks/mass pks you'll just be kicked if you start DDing as ep (at least if you're in a decent guild/pt) and it's not worth it either, if you're not into support then you should play mage or something
I'll say sage because way better support and it's not like it makes you useless even in 1v1
you will need survivability if you ever plan on fighting against someone who has some brain, sage ct buff should be enough if you're that crazy about chan
sage puri is obviously better, idk how you would run out of chi in pk since you're healing and buffing

Offline Death

• Old Player
I think you should just try demon out, tbh i got both sage and demon ep and i play both.
I've started playing as demon ep and did so for 1 or 2 years and really i don't think demon is that less tanky than sage is, it's all about the gear anyways. The pro's of demon are the SoR and the purify when supporting to me. It's nice that you spam purify on sage, but i always get irritated because i run out of chi on sage after being revived and stuff.
SoR has one very nice pdef buff so i loved that in mass too.
But for 1o1ing i don't think i can really tell you which one is better. My sage ep is support with a little vit (like 200 i put in there) but thanks to the channeling and the experience i had on ep i can still manage to sometimes kill people, never went to 1o1 seriously with the sage one.
The demon one is the one i did do more 1o1s with and played more too but the extra damage that spirit's gift (the mag buff/skill thingie if i recall, sorry if im wrong once again) is quite usefull just like the metal def reduce thingie. Oh and i should add my sage's gears are better, so pking is a little easier on her to me.
Anyways i think both are fit for DDing and stuff and both are really nice to play. So you really should just try it out and see if you like it ^^
Yeah, I think I'll just try it out... eventually. I still need to work on my gear :( Sage is so much more forgiving when it comes to your gear and skill. Maybe that's why I'm so inclined to go demon in the future, it would be a kind of achievement to be a demon ep and still not fail :P

Angelica

Yeah, I think I'll just try it out... eventually. I still need to work on my gear :( Sage is so much more forgiving when it comes to your gear and skill. Maybe that's why I'm so inclined to go demon in the future, it would be a kind of achievement to be a demon ep and still not fail :P
i don't see why you bother making a thread about it if you already know you want to go demon, even though people gave you 50 reasons why you should be sage instead
it's not much of an achievement to be able to spam 4 skills in UVD and be useless to other pt members

Offline Death

• Old Player
honestly I don't 1v1 but in small pks/mass pks you'll just be kicked if you start DDing as ep (at least if you're in a decent guild/pt) and it's not worth it either, if you're not into support then you should play mage or something
I'll say sage because way better support and it's not like it makes you useless even in 1v1
you will need survivability if you ever plan on fighting against someone who has some brain, sage ct buff should be enough if you're that crazy about chan
sage puri is obviously better, idk how you would run out of chi in pk since you're healing and buffing
I'm only really dding in mass when there are 2 other eps in the squad, yes I do get yelled at even then, but I think it would be retarded to overheal the squad when I can dd just fine. I don't think I'm the kind of person that really can't tell when it's better to heal or to dd.
Right now I'm sage and my gear is kind of nice for support, but still I really can't depend on my defenses to survive. I usually rely on my own dding, seals and evading/breaking combos. It's challenging and I die a lot, but I'm fine with it. The way I see it, even if I die like 10 times to a difficult opponent, if I manage to win even one time it's still a victory for me and I learned a bit too.
I agree that sage puri is better in mass, but demon is better in 1v1 or when you're kinda squishy and need to puri right after dying. Or when you are constantly using the skills that require chi, so seals, shields and stuff.

Offline Death

• Old Player
i don't see why you bother making a thread about it if you already know you want to go demon, even though people gave you 50 reasons why you should be sage instead
it's not much of an achievement to be able to spam 4 skills in UVD and be useless to other pt members
Because people also gave me 50 reasons why it's ok to go demon even if you still want to support, and because it apparently missed you that I wrote 50 times already that in a squad I'm usually a healer? :police: The only useless thing I see here is your post...

Angelica

I'm only really dding in mass when there are 2 other eps in the squad, yes I do get yelled at even then, but I think it would be retarded to overheal the squad when I can dd just fine. I don't think I'm the kind of person that really can't tell when it's better to heal or to dd.
Right now I'm sage and my gear is kind of nice for support, but still I really can't depend on my defenses to survive. I usually rely on my own dding, seals and evading/breaking combos. It's challenging and I die a lot, but I'm fine with it. The way I see it, even if I die like 10 times to a difficult opponent, if I manage to win even one time it's still a victory for me and I learned a bit too.
I agree that sage puri is better in mass, but demon is better in 1v1 or when you're kinda squishy and need to puri right after dying. Or when you are constantly using the skills that require chi, so seals, shields and stuff.
if there are enough eps in the squad then go and support another pt
for surviving, first of all i wouldn't call that "DDing" that you for example sog or sleep someone, or that you plume shell/guardian light, then you still have genie and for me least case sutra/ig and you can also save yourself sometimes by just outhealing the damage, although i wouldn't rely on that if you're being aa'd. but none of this is DDing and i don't see what you mean, how would DD help you with survivability at all? trying to kill enemy before they kill you (and meanwhile half your pt dies) seems like a dumb thing to do
chan is really not that slow on here for you to cast buff/heal enough to just get a puri, but i don't see the situation in the first place, why would you spawn in the middle of the enemy close enough that they can just kill you again, even going to town then taking a sig would be faster. if i revive in the wrong place and i know i'm gonna get fked i rather sutra, if you're being aa'd puri won't help you for sht anyway

Offline ♥Insanitarius♥

• AnUnknownGod
  • An unknown god is still a god.
  • Characters: Insanitarius/Diligence/ETZIO
why an ep will want to do DD in mass ? you get aa'd by a whole pt you will die instant ( you stay in UVD you cant heal your self and other ep cant do much either) you can refer to a 1 vs 1 better.There is no point of doing DD in a mass pk being an ep (ep is never known as a DD in mass pk. they can do DD in 1 vs 1 but in mass pk you don't need an ep as a DD, a pt already got an archer/veno/wiz for DD).
Insanitarius
Sage. At least til you get chan gears. Other reasons have been stated above.

Offline Death

• Old Player
if there are enough eps in the squad then go and support another pt
for surviving, first of all i wouldn't call that "DDing" that you for example sog or sleep someone, or that you plume shell/guardian light, then you still have genie and for me least case sutra/ig and you can also save yourself sometimes by just outhealing the damage, although i wouldn't rely on that if you're being aa'd. but none of this is DDing and i don't see what you mean, how would DD help you with survivability at all? trying to kill enemy before they kill you (and meanwhile half your pt dies) seems like a dumb thing to do
chan is really not that slow on here for you to cast buff/heal enough to just get a puri, but i don't see the situation in the first place, why would you spawn in the middle of the enemy close enough that they can just kill you again, even going to town then taking a sig would be faster. if i revive in the wrong place and i know i'm gonna get fked i rather sutra, if you're being aa'd puri won't help you for sht anyway
Wtf? Do you really think I'm a complete idiot that has no idea what they're doing? ???

Sage. At least til you get chan gears. Other reasons have been stated above.

Yep, taking into consideration what the posters have said, I'll stick to sage for now. I'll consider going demon when my gears are good :police:
Ty all for your opinions, this thread can be locked now :normal-4:

Angelica

Wtf? Do you really think I'm a complete idiot that has no idea what they're doing? ???

Yep, taking into consideration what the posters have said, I'll stick to sage for now. I'll consider going demon when my gears are good :police:
well I simply said some reasons why I don't agree with what you said
you said you rely on your DDing to survive, but what is it you call DDing? sog/sleep? because that isn't DD
and you probably know well enough yourself that the real DD skills would be stupid to use if you're trying to survive
I didn't call you a complete idiot, but surely you should look up what the difference between CC and DD is
anyway i'm out since people mentioned everything above  ^-^

Insanity

damn you said it yourself

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Stay sage dude..

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran

You said DD ep, people tend to overreact to those words a little.
I do agree that there are other classes better suited to DD and a ep usualy is support in a squad but... lol how you want to play your toon is up to you, You wouldn't be the first nor last ep that likes to DD when circumstances allow it.
Do whatever is more fun to you and enjoy it.^^
As i said in a pervious post i`d wait for better gear and then go try demon.
I played a demon ep for 7 years on pwi, my main ep here is sage, i have a secondary demon ep and seriously demon ep's can support perfectly fine. I do prefer my sage ep but that doesn`t make a demon ep bad.
For your playstyle and what you are looking for it seems to me like demon would definitly be worth giving a shot.
Either way - have fun ^^