Epic Perfect World

Should I go demon or stay sage? (ep)

Offline Death

• Old Player
Demon puri requires no chi though :s
I think demon puri is better than sage only when you're in dd mode and want to support yourself and squad, otherwise sage wins due to better spammability (it's difficult to run out of chi when you keep healing).
Hi there, I'm a sage ep and I've already been 2 times 3rd at Playoffs. I often get to kill people when I pk too. I'm mainly support but as a DD player as well, I'm satisfied with my current cultivation status. c: I'm not going to tell you what to pick. It's up to you, I'm just letting you know how I work with my ep.
Yeah, I know sage is nice, but I'm still not sure which culti is better when you want to dd. I mean, demon makes dding a bit easier due to spirit's gift, on the other hand I already have very little survivability with quite a bit of rpd, so I'm worried that when I get my gear rid of rpd it will be difficult for me to survive at all. On the yet another hand :p, I have a tendency to go kamikaze on ppl and I don't mind dying, so maybe becoming more of a glass cannon wouldn't be much of a problem for me.

Offline Chariowald

• Characters: Chariowald
I prefer Sage, cuz its increasing Channel Speed at Magic Shell, and u can play DD too

Offline Saibai

• Characters: Saibai
  • Faction: Team_Ai
Sage is much more vestal in play style for EP. Between your buffs giving extra stats, heals and chi building I find sage to be the much better deal.  Keep in mind though you should pick your culti based on what will make you happy. Each culti comes with a play style and that is how you should make your choice remember you can always go back if it doesn't work. 
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
George Washington (1732 - 1799)

Offline 𝐂𝔩𝔳𝔪𝔰𝓎👄

• ヾ(*・。・)ノ ✖
  • “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
Try both,  culti switch doesn't take forever now ,just some cubi. I prefer sage cause of the low cd of purify
👠💓👅
𝒯𝑜𝑜 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓎 𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
Demon usually just for 1v1s
Sage for support but also work in 1v1 if you know what to do.

Offline Stroopwafel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

I think demon puri is better than sage only when you're in dd mode and want to support yourself and squad, otherwise sage wins due to better spammability (it's difficult to run out of chi when you keep healing). Yeah, I know sage is nice, but I'm still not sure which culti is better when you want to dd. I mean, demon makes dding a bit easier due to spirit's gift, on the other hand I already have very little survivability with quite a bit of rpd, so I'm worried that when I get my gear rid of rpd it will be difficult for me to survive at all. On the yet another hand :p, I have a tendency to go kamikaze on ppl and I don't mind dying, so maybe becoming more of a glass cannon wouldn't be much of a problem for me.
I'm an ep and I do play as a support ep when I consider it needed, but I'm mostly interested in dding. Rn I'm sage because I still have very little -chan (armor has like -12% total with that -3chan ws helmet no1 else uses)
I don't know if you use this helmet all the time or not but surely your survivability would go up if you would use dragon helm.. I mean just look at their stats 
-3 ct on it just ain't worth it lol

Offline Death

• Old Player
I'm an ep and I do play as a support ep when I consider it needed, but I'm mostly interested in dding. Rn I'm sage because I still have very little -chan (armor has like -12% total with that -3chan ws helmet no1 else uses)
I don't know if you use this helmet all the time or not but surely your survivability would go up if you would use dragon helm.. I mean just look at their stats
-3 ct on it just ain't worth it lol
I know dragon crown has slightly better stats, but still, I'm doing just fine with that heavenly helmet, so I'll be using it until I get satisfactory -ct on armor :police:

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i vote sage for support reasons since EP is made to be a support class and for 1v1 sage just cuz leizo is sage and i never seen any1 play EP as good as him save for Fragile but i don't remember his cultivation. :) reason is in ultra violet mode you cannot  use stream if i remember correctly no heal skills. But since vanguard is buff i was able to use it on my nab EP. Seal reduces elemental resists enough and you will mainly use Metal combo on HA and LAs that already have low mag res to start with. have fun, ultimately what makes you enjoy your char more is best.
Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:38 am by JHIN
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
Switching culti  is easy now, so u can can choose either demon or sage

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
I know dragon crown has slightly better stats, but still, I'm doing just fine with that heavenly helmet, so I'll be using it until I get satisfactory -ct on armor :police:
I hate it when stubborn people come asking for advice and then stuff like this happens...
On topic: Sage can DD just as fine as demin if you got the proper gear and skill (kinda ironic to say this line on an dd ep thread) either way, while spirit gift is broken, sage's benefits just outweight it. Having the ability to support is always welcome also. That being said, if you will pk mostly as dd ep then get used to be lonely, guilds will hardly take you unless you're support, yet another reason to go sage

Offline Death

• Old Player
I hate it when stubborn people come asking for advice and then stuff like this happens...
On topic: Sage can DD just as fine as demin if you got the proper gear and skill (kinda ironic to say this line on an dd ep thread) either way, while spirit gift is broken, sage's benefits just outweight it. Having the ability to support is always welcome also. That being said, if you will pk mostly as dd ep then get used to be lonely, guilds will hardly take you unless you're support, yet another reason to go sage
1. Fyi, I tried playing with both the dragon helmet and the ws one and I didn't notice any significant loss in survivability, which is why I decided to keep the ws helm. Another thing is that this yhread is not about gear, it's about culti.
2. Demon can support just as well as sage, whether it's better to pick one or the other depends on jow you play - compare sage and demon SoR, demon SoR is better
3. I'm in a guild already, thank you, and I did say in the first post that I'm going support when it's needed. They know thay I'm a dd and don't mind as long as I'm healing in tw/mass pk. Nobody's gonna kick me for going demon...

Offline ♥Insanitarius♥

• AnUnknownGod
  • An unknown god is still a god.
  • Characters: Insanitarius/Diligence/ETZIO
A demon ep can support well with the bonus pdef from heals ....... when they go in uvd they cant get a bonus pdef ( sage pdef buff gives that bonus).... though demon get damage boost ....... pretty good dd but loss of survivability vs a melee class (still depends on players and their timings of plume sheild and etc)
Insanitarius

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
1. Fyi, I tried playing with both the dragon helmet and the ws one and I didn't notice any significant loss in survivability, which is why I decided to keep the ws helm. Another thing is that this yhread is not about gear, it's about culti.
2. Demon can support just as well as sage, whether it's better to pick one or the other depends on jow you play - compare sage and demon SoR, demon SoR is better
3. I'm in a guild already, thank you, and I did say in the first post that I'm going support when it's needed. They know thay I'm a dd and don't mind as long as I'm healing in tw/mass pk. Nobody's gonna kick me for going demon...
Since you got your mind set then why did you bother opening this thread then? Lol.

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
1. You lose a crap ton of hp, 2% rpd and 20 magic just for 3% ct. It's really not worth it lol... If you think the survivability loss is nothing huge then you're probably fighting really bad or undergeared players.

2. No, it can't. At least not on this server, unless you have a really good ct set. And by fast ct, I'm talking about double ct wrists (12%) so you can use ascended dragon cape, vit tome and def weap/dragon wand and still be able to channel fast enough to save your squadmates' lives when they're at a pinch. The only good demon support ep I've seen is Mai (Vais/Cheebee/Enigma), and even her went sage. I've played as demon support ep on another server where you could have defense gears and still channel fast enough (more than 90% ct) and honestly, I like it more than sage but as I said, it's just not worth it for support on this server. It's not even worth it for DD lol, sage can dd as well as demon does and it supports better.

3. That's because you're in a small guild. In guilds that mass pk and are actually good at it, if you're caught dd'ing you'll most likely be booted from guild on the moment. DD eps are useless in pk. And sorry but supporting as a demon ep with what? 60% ct? 70% at most? That's really not very helpful to your guild since you'll take a while to cast heals, and if they're getting a lot of focus, they will most likely die before you get the heal off. And no, nobody's kicking you for going demon, but you may be kicked for barely being useful, although I doubt that would happen since I bet you're probably in a :333'er pve guild like Ducks, Hellrazor, ArchEnemy, Virus, Shendola or whateverthefuq pve guilds exist nowadays.

Either way, I'm not really here to help you (didn't even bother reading main post). Just that your ridiculous lack of knowledge surprised me and I felt the need to correct it.
Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:05 am by ❄

Offline Death

• Old Player
Since you got your mind set then why did you bother opening this thread then? Lol.
No, I didn't get my mind set. The only situation when I wouldn't hesitate to go demon is when I'd have two separate sets, one with a lot of -chan and -mag and the other with -chan and rpd. But in the nearer future the choice is not so straightforward for me. Even if I got enough -chan on my dd gear to perform well, my chan would just suck in support mode :'( :'( :'(