Epic Perfect World

On Seekers

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
I'd like to know everyone's opinion on Seekers, and why nobody seems to play them. 

Consider the following

Positives:
1) GoF on a caster class that usually has a decent crit rate
2) A reusable gapcloser
3) Instant status immunity at the press of a button
4) Instant channeling through the status immunity
5) Stun. Reusable. And a long-range "You're not moving" button
6) AoE. And not weak AoE. Enough AoE to drop 2-3 targets in about 2-3 seconds if you're lucky and it's done right.
7) Weapon removal. 
8 ) Defense shredding
9) Mixed damage. Target got high MDef? Physical skill. High PDef? Metal combo.
10) Instant purify that also transfers debuffs to target
11) Buff that can't be Purged (Weapon buffs)
12) AoE Metal defense shred (Which works well with other Seekers, EAs, and any EPs that want to be a metal mage)
13) For PvE purposes (Not that it matters) they have a 10 MINUTE long debuff that increases all skill damage done to target by 50%, making BHs incredibly easy
12) Easy to level with, easy to farm with.
13) Can see through stealth
14) Transposition can be used to dismount barbs from catapults, or to pull people into base turret, or into your squad, or out of the air. This doesn't risk your positioning as you can just Voidstep back to them
15) Last Stand, recover a ton of HP, remove all negative status effects, and become immune to stuns and slows? HELL. YES.
16) 30 free defense levels. 35 if you're Sage.

Negatives
1) That instant purify can't be used while silenced or stunned
2) Most people build tanky and don't deal terrifying amounts of damage. 
3) If you want to build pure damage, you're squish. 
4) Sacrificial Slash rarely comes up for sale on World Chat, you need it to deal any real damage, and it's easily the most expensive Morai skill for some reason
5) No AoE CC like Nova
6) Atk/Def level runes override the buffs that they give
7) Easily killed once stunned, at least in my experience
8 ) Window of weakness while casting/channeling Quid Pro Quo. If stunned or silenced before QPQ can go off, force AD or they die

So, I'd like more input from people on what makes them either better or worse than other classes. What could be improved about them to make them more playable, as they seem to be the least popular class at present? Are there any more points to add to this list?

If you wish to comment that they're bad, please give a reason. If you wish to comment that they're OP, please also say why. I know at least one person is just going to say "Seekers are shit, play another class." That's not what this thread is for. I want to discuss WHY you think that they are that way, or WHY you think that they are good. Tl;dr: Just give a reason for your opinion. Please.
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Shazadi

• Lucy's wife ♥
  • Characters: DustAngel/Shazadi
Too much to read .... i don't like seekers, only use it for full ws.
Lucy my lovely wifu! <3
I've seen a r8r seeker lose to a duel(not 1v1) with lvl 143 wizard with starting gear and 140 weapon 3 times(three freaking times). Idk if that seeker is realllyyyy bad but...From that day on I lost interest to my seeker. 
Yegeslov - Sage Mystic
Vanislav - Sage Cleric
Kristov- Sage Psychic
Johannof- Sage Wizard

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
I've seen a r8r seeker lose to a duel(not 1v1) with lvl 143 wizard with starting gear and 140 weapon 3 times(three freaking times). Idk if that seeker is realllyyyy bad but...From that day on I lost interest to my seeker.
Probably a mixture of a really bad Seeker and a rather good Wiz.
I can tell you what probably happened.
Seeker uses SacriSlash/Frenzy. Tries to Quid Pro Quo.
Wiz uses Occult
Wiz wins.
Rule number one: Don't SS/Frenzy in a duel unless you've just used Blade Affinity or are otherwise immune to debuffs. That's not what those skills are for. High risk, high reward just turns into being a bad choice when your opponent an press a button and have you locked in place without allowing you to QPQ first.

Too much to read .... i don't like seekers, only use it for full ws.
There's a Tl;dr for a reason. 
Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:55 pm by Pelnar

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
I'd like to know everyone's opinion on Seekers, and why nobody seems to play them.

Consider the following

Positives:
2) A reusable gapcloser
6) AoE. And not weak AoE. Enough AoE to drop 2-3 targets in about 2-3 seconds if you're lucky and it's done right.
7) Weapon removal.
8 ) Defense shredding
12) AoE Metal defense shred (Which works well with other Seekers, EAs, and any EPs that want to be a metal mage)
13) For PvE purposes (Not that it matters) they have a 10 MINUTE long debuff that increases all skill damage done to target by 50%, making BHs incredibly easy
14) Transposition can be used to dismount barbs from catapults, or to pull people into base turret, or into your squad, or out of the air. This doesn't risk your positioning as you can just Voidstep back to them
15) Last Stand, recover a ton of HP, remove all negative status effects, and become immune to stuns and slows? HELL. YES.

Negatives
4) Sacrificial Slash rarely comes up for sale on World Chat, you need it to deal any real damage, and it's easily the most expensive Morai skill for some reason
5) No AoE CC like Nova
8 ) Window of weakness while casting/channeling Quid Pro Quo. If stunned or silenced before QPQ can go off, force AD or they die

So, I'd like more input from people on what makes them either better or worse than other classes. What could be improved about them to make them more playable, as they seem to be the least popular class at present? Are there any more points to add to this list?

If you wish to comment that they're bad, please give a reason. If you wish to comment that they're OP, please also say why. I know at least one person is just going to say "Seekers are shit, play another class." That's not what this thread is for. I want to discuss WHY you think that they are that way, or WHY you think that they are good. Tl;dr: Just give a reason for your opinion. Please.
1. A seeker is NOT a caster class
11. Rune > Seekerbuff
13. Why shouldnt it matter since you are playing on a PVE SERVER
the 2nd time13. Pots > Detectionbuff
14. If u really need to use that "glitch" you suck
16. just OP
2. These ppl are noobs
3. Not really
6. Yeah...
7. Not really
Seekers arent played much cause ppl dont really know how to play them at least thats my oppinion... thank you
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Shazadi

• Lucy's wife ♥
  • Characters: DustAngel/Shazadi
There's a Tl;dr for a reason.
There is a what???
Lucy my lovely wifu! <3

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
1. A seeker is NOT a caster class
11. Rune > Seekerbuff
13. Why shouldnt it matter since you are playing on a PVE SERVER
the 2nd time13. Pots > Detectionbuff
14. If u really need to use that "glitch" you suck
16. just OP
2. These ppl are noobs
3. Not really
6. Yeah...
7. Not really
Seekers arent played much cause ppl dont really know how to play them at least thats my oppinion... thank you
1. Caster as in ranged and skill based, as opposed to melee.
11. Yes, but it's free.
12. Because you don't start at level 150.
13. Again. Free. Pots do exist, but you can have that for free. It's a bonus, so I listed it
16. My point, exactly
2. Agreed.
3. I meant specifically to Mag damage. There is a point that is a good balance, but I'm talking about extremes, because people like to take things to extremes on these forums for some reason
6. This is what I meant with my above explanation of 11. The Runes ARE better. That gets listed here, because it's a negative.
7. "Easily" is relative to the timing of the stun and the idiocy of the Seeker. Lots of people just use SS/Frenzy because they want to without realizing that they're defenseless if stunned. Therefore, this has to be put, as people are idiots.
"Seekers arent played much cause ppl dont really know how to play them at least thats my oppinion... thank you"
I agree, entirely.

There is a what???

Tl;dr stands for "Too long; didn't read" I included a section for people like you, but it goytignored. Great.

scatterer3

Consider the following

Positives:
2) A reusable gapcloser
7) Weapon removal.
8 ) Defense shredding

Negatives
5) No AoE CC like Nova

I don't know what your ***ing purpose is, but let me answer you:

1) Please, do me a favor and stop. Considering psychics and mages, with around 35-45% critical hit rate, plus a 30+attack level sphere or magic sword, and then DPH assassins and barbarians (which deal 500% more damage than a DPH seeker), you failed at this point.
2) Can you explain what this shall mean?
3) The chance is lower than a sage assassin's tidal (only 50%), and lasts 6 seconds. Can't be considered OP.
4) What the *** is this supposed to mean compared to instant mages and archers?
5) Are you saying seeker has enough CC skills? The #1 joke of the ***ing millennium, good one.
6) Can you teach me how to drop 2-3 targets with an AoE?
7) Oh, c'mon, 20% chance to apply whenever I use glowing blade and IF Arme Nier lands successfully. Lasts 6 seconds. Seriously dude?
8 ) Em?!
9) This makes sense, wow, for once. Congratulations.
10) It has a ***ing cooldown, which everyone camps 24/7 till it's wasted.
11) They are useless, and everyone has runes. It's not an advantage. What are you on about?
12) Leveling is easy, but not farming. And for your information, leveling is not an issue nowadays.
13) To single target. And seekers are useless compared to an assassin, in PvE.
14) There's a chance to fail Transposition, and you don't want to waste your 90 seconds CD Voidstep.
15) Last stand has 3 minutes CD.
16) The only thing that keeps seekers alive.

Your points are invalid. Seekers are underpowered (not broken), they need some major boost in numbers. And, considering the disparity between the reality and your post, you utterly failed.

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
I don't know what your ***ing purpose is, but let me answer you:

1) Please, do me a favor and stop. Considering psychics and mages, with around 35-45% critical hit rate, plus a 30+attack level sphere or magic sword, and then DPH assassins and barbarians (which deal 500% more damage than a DPH seeker), you failed at this point.
2) Can you explain what this shall mean?
3) The chance is lower than a sage assassin's tidal (only 50%), and lasts 6 seconds. Can't be considered OP.
4) What the *** is this supposed to mean compared to instant mages and archers?
5) Are you saying seeker has enough CC skills? The #1 joke of the ***ing millennium, good one.
6) Can you teach me how to drop 2-3 targets with an AoE?
7) Oh, c'mon, 20% chance to apply whenever I use glowing blade and IF Arme Nier lands successfully. Lasts 6 seconds. Seriously dude?
8 ) Em?!
9) This makes sense, wow, for once. Congratulations.
10) It has a ***ing cooldown, which everyone camps 24/7 till it's wasted.
11) They are useless, and everyone has runes. It's not an advantage. What are you on about?
12) Leveling is easy, but not farming. And for your information, leveling is not an issue nowadays.
13) To single target. And seekers are useless compared to an assassin, in PvE.
14) There's a chance to fail Transposition, and you don't want to waste your 90 seconds CD Voidstep.
15) Last stand has 3 minutes CD.
16) The only thing that keeps seekers alive.

Your points are invalid. Seekers are underpowered (not broken), they need some major boost in numbers. And, considering the disparity between the reality and your post, you utterly failed.
I could not have put it better myself. Stronk reply.

Offline Atkala

• Forum Veteran
  • I am too nice for this shit.
  • Characters: Aisy
Seek my favorite class and i am cutest epw seeker  :D

Offline イんノ尺Ц

• Nothing special
  • Characters: Thirujo, Thirujoy & Thiru
  • Faction: Leftovers
Quitted it for a reason... cauz every other class outmatched seeker on mass pk.
Ya  its also a caster but only have few good ranged skills and you can't spam em.
Its so good for 1vs1 but will get bored if you decided to play defensive style also if you dont camp def you cant withstand few skills like 3 sparking sin/barb, spark combo and myst air glitch etc...
Simply to say its useless on mass pk to have a seeker nowadays...
Anyways still i love playing seeker for 1v1 and small scale pk and its really good for it if you know how to play with it c:
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:13 am by Thirujo

Play it as just a ******* game ;)

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
the class is fine, mass pk just doesnt fit its purposes
he has no aoe cc which are needed in mass pk and is not that gifted with tidal for 1minute to face up mass pk either or stealths etc in order to kill ppl freely and escape
seeker itself starts as an op class but mainly for rpk and 1v1
u cant save this class by giving it a mass pk purpose
im sure that any1 would prefer a WR/WB rather than a seeker when it comes to HA classes xd

Offline MadWhiteRabbit

• Desserthoes for president
  • Faction: Ducks
i try to come back to game seeker still oppressed...kkbb....
dint read (maybe a lil) but as for mass pk 
seekers arnt bad in mass pk ....only class which can have fun in mass without a squad ....with your own lil def buff ....however you need to play it like a suicide bomber... stop worrying about you dying and try to take people down instead... seeker has literally one main role.... see a nice wf or bm on your side who is gracious enough to nova or stun hf a nice cluster of squishies for you and run in IG>vortex.... youll die after IG runs out (90% probability...if you dint your doing it wrong) ...... but youd have done some serious dmg possibly killed a bunch if your lucky with zerks. Other wise if you decide to faceroll combo you might kill someone by lucky zerk but most good mass pk squads are fully buffed and have nice eps plus your combo is too slow .. the second you debuff, another person in your squad whos aaing will kill the target ( KILL SECURED) leaving you wondering wtf to do with your activated blade affinity...which will be tabbed and wasted mostly not killing anything . and you need to wait for cd till you become useful again or spray your spammables hoping to tick someones hiero.
- Confessions of a very nooby Expendifex seeker
If you want to learn seeker pm Prixy in game

scatterer3

Seek my favorite class and i am cutest epw seeker  :D
I believe you were the first triple int seeker in server \o/ 1v1? ;D

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
I believe you were the first triple int seeker in server \o/ 1v1? ;D
She got it after I did and way after some other pinoy/chinese seekers did.