Barbs are already immortal in vit build  as it is 

Offline xTERAdraseeL

• Characters: xTERAdraseL
  • Faction: none of my level

Offline Shaymin

• Characters: Shaymin
  • Faction: Artifex
-1 too tanky already.  :(
In mass PK, no one really prioritizes on targetting Wbs since they can just use invoke or solid shield.
And for 1v1s/small pk, Wbs already hit so high so why do you want more def? That would be unfair for other classes. Just have better gameplay and you're fine  ;) and I know you're already a good barb  :police: sooo... yah

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
-1 for obvious reasons

Offline ♥Insanitarius♥

• AnUnknownGod
  • An unknown god is still a god.
  • Characters: Insanitarius/Diligence/ETZIO
-1 , barbs already are tanky , any classes can get 2 shoted by wiz fire spark combo , except bm's 
Insanitarius

Offline Remmy

• Characters: Embry | Amora | Remmy
  • Faction: Apollumi

This is an actual suggestion? I've played a cata barb for almost a year straight and I would definitely have to say no to this. Barbs are very tanky as it is with shield from genie. Even ones that aren't cata build. And now you wanna make them basically unkillable? No thanks, I already have them tailing my cleric in pk and the last thing I need is them to live longer! Also, TW would just be horrible...

eternalagony23

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
HELL NO -1.... i will always prefer the 5 deflvls over for example 15% rdt (yeah i know not logic but i just like my 99deflvl and i wanna keep them)... sorry
Edit: No trashtalking but why you complaining bout r8 setbonus when u run around in dragon like 90% of the time anyways?
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
HELL NO -1.... i will always prefer the 5 deflvls over for example 15% rdt (yeah i know not logic but i just like my 99deflvl and i wanna keep them)... sorry
Edit: No trashtalking but why you complaining bout r8 setbonus when u run around in dragon like 90% of the time anyways?
How much in percentage is the time for TWs and NWs? It's not like your pulling a cata 24/7 . If you ever face an almost insta cast wiz with good cc and kite in 1v1 as a non meat shield built barb (aps str whatever that can actually kill players)you will understand where he is coming from.
Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:49 pm by JHIN
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

• Esra
  • *Dandelion*
maybe less like 5/10%

infernchidhu

+1 if  u make solid shield all class skill or remove it all together  :police: sidenote: never seen a thread get -1d so unanimously LOL

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
restrict rings and then we'll see, but atm no -1

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
I'm basically 40

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I'm reading this thread and laughing tbh. I guarantee that 85% of you posting have never played a barb, so you don't know our pain when it comes to actually doing something other than being a mindless tank in TW.

Regardless, I'm an APS barb.. This boost actually would have almost 0 effect on me, the only reason that it was suggested in the first place was because wizards didn't need a Pdef boost however they received one. I don't see why barb (Class that will 95% of the time NOT beat a Wizard in a 1v1) can't get a boost since they are one of the only classes in-game that completely relies on closing the distance gap when fighting ranged classes.

(On a side note..)

For the people saying 'hur dur learn your gameplay' take this into consideration.
[Although this suggestion has 0 bounds on myself]

A barb in this games current age almost completely relies on a GoF crit, or occult ice to get the job done. Let me use my genie/build as an example below:

Occult ice cool-down - 15 seconds.
Occult ice energy - 80
Solid Shield cool-down - 60 seconds
Solid Shield energy - 44

Wizard spark being the bane of a barbs existence, is always a threat, usually used after a barb's charm has ticked. I have a standing 54K HP w/ 17.3K MDEF. However, after undine and being attacked by a wizard with a decent attack weapon, my charm will be ticked within 2-3 hits.

Afterwards, I'll naturally use solid shield to try and block the wizards massive damage.. This wizard is 15m away from me, I have to run to them with a 50% movement speed debuff.. And knockdown+Occult ice. That is 124 genie energy used within 10 seconds.

My genie is rendered completely useless by this point. I won't be able to pop off any more of these skills for a good 40=50 seconds based on CD time/Regen for my genie.

Wizard uses spark, and I'm dead within 1-2 hits with damage in the 70-80k range (In full defense)

This is a common situation in almost 90% of barb gameplay on EPW. Wizards are meant to beat barbs, yes, however you would think that on a server this big there would be an attempt to balance the barb's defenses. Hell, even an archer with crit metal damage will tick a barbs charm in 2 shots with a decent attack bow.

inb4 'dont fight wizards'

That's ridiculous. I think every class should have the means to counter any class coming their way through "skill" however that is thrown out of the water since there is clear-class advantages. I don't believe that a class like a barb, meant to be able to take hits should die within 4 hits because someone has a genie skill called 'Spark' which makes heavens flame look like a bitch.

I will admit I wasn't thinking about cata barbs when I made this post, but since when are cata barbs even relevant in PK? Protip, they aren't. I also completely forgot about this post until I saw Cynix bump it, lole
Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:55 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
I'm reading this thread and laughing tbh. All of these people -1ing a suggestion just because the ones above them are -1ing it.

Regardless, I'm an APS barb.. This boost actually would have almost 0 effect on me, the only reason that it was suggested in the first place was because wizards didn't need a Pdef boost however they received one. I don't see why barb (Class that will 95% of the time NOT beat a Wizard in a 1v1) can't get a boost since they are one of the only classes in-game that completely relies on closing the distance gap when fighting ranged classes.
u see the problem as wizards geting it and ur class not
then ask them to remove wizard boost, not improve ur class vs classes such as mystic/psy since venos and mages dont really struggle with wbs