Epic Perfect World

Change the place of events

Vegas

1. There is enough space.
2. There is no teleport bug and running bug in arena
3. What happens to barbs?
4. I never saw arena being laggy because there's less people inside it than on main map.
1. Not for mages and EAs because 1 leap is like 33% of the arena... (exaggerating a bit but still)
2. I leap and get stuck in place without moving forward, that's why I stopped going. It doesn't happen much but it does happen and even sins can't teleport sometimes because it says "can't use skill here" or something similar
3. Barb reflect is irrelevant, any good sin will freeze them out of range and wait till it's over
4. Arena has more people on a smaller area, more models to load = less FPS

Offline shaterd

• Old Player
  • Characters: Idaron/Millennium
1.Barb loses ref on roar
2.Wizz reversion will freeze people's screen 
3.Venos lose their ref even if it's OP what other venos win playoffs other than bewitch … now I only see sins winning

Would just be more negative than positive … I do agree with it being to small to kite tho but again more negative than positive

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
1. Not for mages and EAs because 1 leap is like 33% of the arena... (exaggerating a bit but still)
2. I leap and get stuck in place without moving forward, that's why I stopped going. It doesn't happen much but it does happen and even sins can't teleport sometimes because it says "can't use skill here" or something similar
3. Barb reflect is irrelevant, any good sin will freeze them out of range and wait till it's over
1. mages already have enough to run if you know where you leaping to. 
2. You leap and get stuck because you don't look before you leap.
3. Barb reflect is actually good for barbs, it work as survive skill when everything else in CD
4. even if gm ever make it playoffs out of Arena it will be same thing, many people in 1 place standing+ wizard reversion will make screen freeze.

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Can a GM reply? Most people agree to changing the place of events because it will feel like an actual 1v1 outside arena. The people who disagree either don't know what they're talking about or have some kind of a grudge. 

Offline Bareback

i disagree with this, wrs and wbs catch me maybe once in 30-40 secs, they will be even less likely to do anything with a reversion every 60s. wf reflect is barely 1/3 of the damage dealt to them, bramble hood costs 2 sparks and reduces damage to 25% so I don't know which sane person would attack with melee attacks under those circumstances, even without bramble.

Offline Yinster

• ♡Yang is here♡
  • Characters: Yinster, Catwoman, Arayk
  • Faction: Family Director
1. I leap of the arena is not 33% and I believe you should add 'exaggerating a bit more'. Arena space is about 70-90 meters (not sure) and archer leap is 20m (which is not straight to the left or right) if you would count it was a straight line would be around 15-17m (triangle)
2. You need to watch yourself where you move, we all do, you do not just run chaotic anywhere. I do not recall sins unable to teleport (most of these are just excuses). I see people getting glitched more on main map as an average of 20 fights than I see them in arena.
3. Barb reflect is relevant enough, at least they gain 10 seconds of recharging genie (which for a barb is so important due to their genie skill SS)
4. Arena have maximum 18 players, which get to be less and less every fight ( not to mention that the only reason that they might be laggy is due to the use of skills not just standing - and why would everyone who is not fighting use a skill, they just watching the fight)

Vegas

2. You leap and get stuck because you don't look before you leap.

It happens on flat ground dude...You rubberband and stay at the same place

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
+1 Have to agree with this suggestion. 

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
Can a GM reply? Most people agree to changing the place of events because it will feel like an actual 1v1 outside arena. The people who disagree either don't know what they're talking about or have some kind of a grudge.
As I have stated before this suggestion been given because of the grudge of the rev vs fmp video.
I know enough about playoffs and events to say what I have said about. 
Also I don't mind GM reply 

Vegas

As I have stated before this suggestion been given because of the grudge of the rev vs fmp video.
Not everyone who agrees hates FPM, I think he's cool and I agree with the suggestion. I did a lot of events on other servers and a few here and stopped going because I couldn't stand the arena and limitations. (and def camp till duel)

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Locked to clean. >.>

Edit: Unlocked. Stop arguing. Jeez.

I will say, there's pros and cons to hosting both in the arena and out of the arena. Both have to be weighed to see which would be the better place to host them. I personally don't mind hosting in either place as long as outside of the arena could be in a place where only people can enter if they're ported in by a GM. If not, we'd get too many people coming causing too much drama. 

The main decision is up to Agatio of course. I'm fine with whichever honestly. :| 
Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:58 pm by Tonika
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I change my vote to -1 barb bramble is nice vs sin, without that sins have a complete advantage over barbs. 

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
I find it cute that I was called a special snowflake because I trust the GMs on balance decisions.
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Suns

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forever QTest GM
  • ✿ ♥ ☼ ✼ ❣ ❁
  • Characters: Fire | Sunflower | Sunshine
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I find it cute that I was called a special snowflake because I trust the GMs on balance decisions.
Snowflakes are pretty though  ;)

I like the Arena. Players are automatically teleported out when they die, it is a controlled environment, we can control who is around, we don't have to worry about the game being dark because it is nighttime, we have several components that are linked to the Arena, we can spawn needed Dummies, Banker, God's Giving etc, we can use special GM spawned mobs and not worry about it running loose in the world, it is a flat surface in a large room (you guys kite just fine..), we don't have to follow players to Africa when they kite, etc etc etc.

It would be a lot of work setting up another place like the Playoffs Arena just so Wizards can use reversions and Venos can't use bramble...
Agatio already set up the playoffs room so it would be balanced to the best of his abilities.
I believe that the reversions being disabled is part of balancing, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Take care, lovelies! ♥

Guides | Rules | Helpdesk | Staff | Stream
- - -
Keep your face towards the sun and every shadow will fall behind you.

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Snowflakes are pretty though  ;)

I like the Arena. Players are automatically teleported out when they die, it is a controlled environment, we can control who is around, we don't have to worry about the game being dark because it is nighttime, we have several components that are linked to the Arena, we can spawn needed Dummies, Banker, God's Giving etc, we can use special GM spawned mobs and not worry about it running loose in the world, it is a flat surface in a large room (you guys kite just fine..), we don't have to follow players to Africa when they kite, etc etc etc.

It would be a lot of work setting up another place like the Playoffs Arena just so Wizards can use reversions and Venos can't use bramble...
Agatio already set up the playoffs room so it would be balanced to the best of his abilities.
I believe that the reversions being disabled is part of balancing, but I am not 100% sure on that.
Dummies and God's Giving can be setup in advance in the place that the events will be hosted. And as for the kiting, I doubt that anyone will go off the map where you have to chase them... And if you host it in a restricted area can't you just restrain the area of the event? Making it bigger than the arena of course. And as for the reversions being disabled for balance and reflect enabled, I think that most people will agree that that's not balanced at all.