Epic Perfect World

Reducing Makeover Scroll Cooldown [Final Discussion]

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
There has been a plethora of posts regarding makeover scrolls and regarding their cool down time. An hour is a stretch for such a cosmetic necessity. People do actually spend a lot of time working on their ini files, and making them look like perfection in game. Which is hard to do, because it takes a lot of time to make an ini that is actually amazing looking. The struggles going along with this in the games current state is to make alt chars to work on them since we can't constantly update ours ourselves. I ask myself "Why not just decrease the cool down for the the makeover scroll? And for some reason, this suggestion is always shot down and has the response "It can't be done". I'm here to disprove that theory.

As a regular PW player, I've played on multiple servers, and through that experience this same topic has came up a lot of times. One of the developers of another server accomplished this goal and made the cool down for makeover scrolls 5 minutes, because 1 minute would crash the server, however 5 minutes seemed to work. I know that Epic is the most popular server, as well as active server in-game, however I believe that decreasing the cooldown is achievable. A few months back, when someone brought up the topic of increasing account stash.. There was also the reply "It would crash the server". Now though as we can see, we do have account stash increased without any server problems. 

A while back I got in contact with a previous developer and they gave me the following explanation of how to reduce the cool down time.

This can be done. It has been done before, and I feel as if it would a big convenience for the server if we could have a shorted cool down for makeover scrolls.

Inb4 'This Topic Again?'
Inb4 'TLDR'

All I have say is, I was making my sins ini last night and screwed up its eyes and it looked horrendous to the point I had to wear a pumpkin head. Nobody should have to go through this pain.

Now that it's clearly established that the cool down CAN be reduced, why not reduce it after such a popular demand? 

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
You are very long winded, sir.

But +1.
Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:06 pm by Rʜᴀᴇɴʏs

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
+1        

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
I bet the server dint have the population of epic and i am sure Agatio has proven to be very good developer and he already knows about that.
The point is if cd is lowered and spammed cause of epics huge population and cause instability/problems for just a cosmetic thingy?

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I bet the server dint have the population of epic and i am sure Agatio has proven to be very good developer and he already knows about that.
The point is if cd is lowered and spammed cause of epics huge population and cause instability/problems for just a cosmetic thingy?
That server was Vendetta (which is dead now), but in it's prime had over 1,200 players. Lol.
Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:06 pm by Rʜᴀᴇɴʏs

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
mentioned be4 by some1, it may cause problems to server and main map crashes or something like that
u rlly think he wouldnt have added it already if it was that easy LOL.

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
I was going to say Inb4 Sebi comments with something that has already been addressed, but he commented while I was typing. I'm slow.

+1
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
I was going to say Inb4 Sebi comments with something that has already been addressed, but he commented while I was typing. I'm slow.

+1
Yeah, I tend to ignore the insignificant replies. What we have been told is that
'it can't be done' (At least that's all I've ever heard since I started playing here).
Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:26 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
That server was Vendetta (which is dead now), but in it's prime had over 1,200 players. Lol.
They reduced cooldown when server had 300 online daily and I'm sure he played vendetta that time so he knows better 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
They reduced cooldown when server had 300 online daily and I'm sure he played vendetta that time so he knows better
I remember 5 minute cooldowns back when Rank 9 2nd cast was max gear :rolleyes:

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Why didn't you just pm Agatio with the information if you tend to ignore "insignificant replies" anyhow?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Why didn't you just pm Agatio with the information if you tend to ignore "insignificant replies" anyhow?
Only replying to this post because;

It's been public knowledge that it "can't be done". Now that it's public knowledge (because of this post) that it can be done, I'd like to know why it's not being done. As I said before, it was said that account stash couldn't be increased because of 'server crashes' which turned out to work just fine.

I walk around Epic and it's not like there is flocks of people around the makeover NPC's, I don't see how even a 30 minute cool down would "crash the server"

I don't see why makeover scrolls can't be reduced as well. A 20 minute or 30 minute cool down would be better than an entire hour.
Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:02 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Only replying to this post because;

It's been public knowledge that it "can't be done". Now that it's public knowledge (because of this post) that it can be done, I'd like to know why it's not being done. As I said before, it was said that account stash couldn't be increased because of 'server crashes' which turned out to work just fine.

Yes, he said possible server crashes, yet he obviously looked into it and added it after all, no?`

Offline Stroopwafel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
All I have say is, I was making my sins ini last night and screwed up its eyes and it looked horrendous to the point I had to wear a pumpkin head. Nobody should have to go through this pain.
^ me every day on my wf 
+1 for reduction even if only by 30 mins pls respond Agatio senpai

Vegas

You need some hex editing skills to do it, it's not like double click change and done...
And Agatio said it crashed the server, means he had already editted it and it didn't work out