Epic Perfect World

Client isn't working?

Offline Staris

I'm a returning player, with a new computer that unfortunately runs windows 8. I downloaded epic and after a while of working things out I finally got it to download but now when I try to run the game I get this box.

And if I click Yes/No I get this box  

I've tried verifying multiple times, and re-installing twice but it keeps happening and I'm not sure how to fix it  :sad:

==EDIT==
Not sure if this helps, but while watching it extract with 7zip I saw this:
Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:27 am by Staris

Offline Sokien

• Faction: 0fk
As silly as it sounds, did you try to re-download the game? Which browser do you use to download it? Chrome and Firefox tend to corrupt files. 

However, I'm not an expert. Probably GMs know better.  :D

Offline Staris

I'm re-downloading right now for the fifth time; hoping maybe it will work again? First two times I used the dreaded Google Chrome until a friend of mine said that was a horrible choice because Google isn't friendly with this game and now I'm using Fire Fox

Offline Sokien

I'm re-downloading right now for the fifth time; hoping maybe it will work again? First two times I used the dreaded Google Chrome until a friend of mine said that was a horrible choice because Google isn't friendly with this game and now I'm using Fire Fox
Seeing the screenshot in the first posts, it seems that the browser corrupted it. I might be wrong though. 

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
FireFox will corrupt the files too.
Use IE or the Torrent if you can.
if you can use an outisde program thats the most advisable to do, such as IDM or JDownloader among many others. note that IDM is a paid software, unless u crack it, thats up to u and ur own choice, jdownloader is a free to use software, the diference is tha tIDM is also an accelarator, it will boost ur download speed.

after you download the .rar file please do the following steps:

1. create a new folder with a diferent name than any other previous related to EpicPW, for exmaple if you previously had a folder named: EpicPW now create a new folder name for exmaple: EPW

2. before extracting go to your windows defender and add the new folder you created to the exception list

3. use 7zip to extract the game into the new folder

4. double click the patcher.exe

enjoy  :-\

Offline Staris

Thank you EvilTouch, and Sokien for the help. I'll try out a different method as you said EvilTouch and see if that helps me out  ^-^ seems FireFox/Google Chrome were the problem so I'll try something else. 

Offline Sokien

Thank you EvilTouch, and Sokien for the help. I'll try out a different method as you said EvilTouch and see if that helps me out  ^-^ seems FireFox/Google Chrome were the problem so I'll try something else.
No problem. :) Does the game work now?