Epic Perfect World

How to turn off "pk mode"?

Forgive me if a) this is a pathetically noob-y question, b) if this is in the wrong place, and c) if i've used incorrect terminology, but... 

How in the world do I turn off the "pk" setting(s?)? I hate PvP... I play PvE (why? because I just suck at it, okay? >:( I'm just not interested at getting better at it either. I'm far better doing PvE. I never said I wanted to be "pro".... So don't judge me too harshly) <--- Just gettin' that in there before the "pro snobs" attack me.

Look... I just wanna quest, level up, and do my culti... That's all. But it's kinda irritating when I go into Lothranis or Nightscream and get killed by some random person I can't even see... I sometimes need to go AFK suddenly and it sucks coming back less than 5 minutes later to see myself in another place, quest unfinished, and a little notation in the chat box "SoAndSo killed you". It wouldn't be so bad if I could just revive myself with a cleric or a res scroll but it automatically teleport's me to the nearest town. 

I didn't read anywhere before playing and installing EPW that this was "strictly PK" version of PW so.... Hopefully there's a way to turn this off.  If not though, are there particular places (other than lothranis and nightscream) that I should avoid if I don't want to be killed, or does it not matter where I go? 

Thank you in advance for answering my questions... And forgive me if this is super noob-y... I'm coming from Arc's PWI (a PvE server... as you could have guessed), so... This whole PK without initiating a duel or without a PK specific "thing" happening (you know... like NW and TW and events of that nature) is foreign to me.

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Click the icon next to your safety lock. You have to be in pk mode for 10 hours before you can switch to pve mode though.

Heaven/Hell/Nightscream are pk enabled so even if you are blue named, you can be pk'ed there. 
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Thank you Tonika... A million times, thank you!

I was tempted to message you in game, but I'm not sure if that's against the rules!!! Figured I'd play it safe and post here. Didn't expect to be replied to so quickly! Thank you, again!

EDIT: Uh oh... So I looked at that setting you told me to, and it seems that I was NEVER in PK mode... I never even knew that option existed so, I didn't ever change it myself... So if that's the case, someone was able to kill me even though I was in PvE mode? 

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
You are very welcome! Feel free to message me in game, anytime! That's what I'm here for. :) 
You are very welcome! Feel free to message me in game, anytime! That's what I'm here for. :)
Thank you! I actually just edited the post above... It seems the problem is happening even with me in PvE mode already... Unless you automatically go into PK mode in certain areas on maps? 

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Yeah, Nightscream/Hell/Heaven are pk enabled so you don't have to be in pk mode to be killed or to kill in those instances. 
Yeah, Nightscream/Hell/Heaven are pk enabled so you don't have to be in pk mode to be killed or to kill in those instances.
Oooooh okay. Dang... That stinks!! I guess if I go in those places, i'll have to just make sure i'm on my guard and hurry up and do whatever I need to do and get the heck out. lol 

Thank you again for info! 

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Oooooh okay. Dang... That stinks!! I guess if I go in those places, i'll have to just make sure i'm on my guard and hurry up and do whatever I need to do and get the heck out. lol

Thank you again for info!
Yes lol 
You're very welcome. :) 

Offline ᴘʜᴏɴᴋ

• Forum Veteran
  • "Aquellos que combaten a los demonios deben ser conscientes de los suyos..."
  • Characters: Twizzley
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2020, 07:46 pm by WhoThisWhoThat

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Forgive me if a) this is a pathetically noob-y question, b) if this is in the wrong place, and c) if i've used incorrect terminology, but...

How in the world do I turn off the "pk" setting(s?)? I hate PvP... I play PvE (why? because I just suck at it, okay? >:( I'm just not interested at getting better at it either. I'm far better doing PvE. I never said I wanted to be "pro".... So don't judge me too harshly) <--- Just gettin' that in there before the "pro snobs" attack me.

Look... I just wanna quest, level up, and do my culti... That's all. But it's kinda irritating when I go into Lothranis or Nightscream and get killed by some random person I can't even see... I sometimes need to go AFK suddenly and it sucks coming back less than 5 minutes later to see myself in another place, quest unfinished, and a little notation in the chat box "SoAndSo killed you". It wouldn't be so bad if I could just revive myself with a cleric or a res scroll but it automatically teleport's me to the nearest town.

I didn't read anywhere before playing and installing EPW that this was "strictly PK" version of PW so.... Hopefully there's a way to turn this off.  If not though, are there particular places (other than lothranis and nightscream) that I should avoid if I don't want to be killed, or does it not matter where I go?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions... And forgive me if this is super noob-y... I'm coming from Arc's PWI (a PvE server... as you could have guessed), so... This whole PK without initiating a duel or without a PK specific "thing" happening (you know... like NW and TW and events of that nature) is foreign to me.
Welcome to EPW. PVE is super and fun. hope you enjoy it here on epic. As for PVP maybe once you get all geared up and all you can try doing Mass PK. as long as you know how to Assist attack and survive it's really fun as well.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x