Epic Perfect World

Veno Blessbox?

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
This idea came up in a "Restrict rings" thread. I don't think rings should be restricted, but FeelMyPoIson had a great idea. Why not add a +20 Dex/+Acc blessbox for venos? It won't have much of an effect on most (Read: Arcane) venos, because they don't use either stat, but it would help a lot for HA venomancers, and probably encourage more people to play the class that way.

Yes, I may be biased  because I'm one of very few HA venos on the server, but I'm more interested in this as an idea to get more people to play this way. More people playing = more people attempting different things = more new ideas and innovations for this type of build = more fun playing it.

That, and if you did this, I could use Magic rings more easily without being so worried about my accuracy.

Edit. List of conclusions reached as of the end of page 3/start of page 4

• HA Venos have low MDefense without Magic rings
  • HA Venos have a far lower chance to hit without Physical rings, even though Fox Form gives them a boost to accuracy
  • Dex provides accuracy and evasion
  • Dex is a useful stat to have for an HA Veno, mostly because of accuracy
  • Dex is needed to meet Heavy Armor minimum requirements
  • The only things that Dexterity effect on an Arcane Veno are evasion and crit chance
  • 20 Dex = 1% Crit chance and 1% Evasion, which is not much
  • Arcane Venomancers' skills are spells that can not miss, and are therefore unaffected by accuracy
  • A Bless Box for Venomancers, akin to the EA channeling Bless Box that provides both Accuracy and Dex would not effect Arcane Venomancers any further than giving them 1% Crit chance or 1% more Evasion
  • A Bless Box for Venomancers, akin to the EA channeling Bless Box that provides both Accuracy and Dex would increase an HA Veno's accuracy and effectiveness in certain situations, allowing for more reliable damage while having a non-negligible amount of Magic Defense
  • A Bless Box for Venomancers, akin to the EA channeling Bless Box that provides both Accuracy and Dex would not make Arcane Venomancers any stronger than they already are
  • A Bless Box for Venomancers, akin to the EA channeling Bless Box that provides both Accuracy and Dex would make Heavy Armor Venomancers a more enjoyable class to play, and would encourage more people to play it
  • More people playing with a lesser-played style of build promotes diversity in PK
  • Diversity is good for communities and game health in general
  • Most people that have commented in this thread at the time of posting have commented with their approval
  • There are very few downsides to adding a blessbox like this, though discussion is still open if anyone has a legitimate issue or concern about balance
Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:13 am by Pelnar
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Miki

• ☽ Meekee ☾
  • still a box of music
  • Characters: Miki | Mela
+ 1 i see no issue/problem that could arise from this
good suggestion =]

Offline inori

• Characters: tsukishi ~ inori
you gain 200% accuracy while in foxform, 250 % if your sage. Primal skills have no chance to miss at all also, i think that accuracy isnt a huge issue, even as AA veno when i use physical attacks i dont really miss that much in pve. I suppose for pvp you could have trouble hitting LA classes but otherwise i don't think you would miss so much that it becomes a problem.

But my thoughts on HA veno aside, i think this blessbox idea is ok, 20 dex/acc would not be giving you some op edge over others. maybe it is as part of veno daily reward. 
~ Let me pray not to be sheltered from darkness, but to be fearless in facing it ~

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
you gain 200% accuracy while in foxform, 250 % if your sage. Primal skills have no chance to miss at all also, i think that accuracy isnt a huge issue, even as AA veno when i use physical attacks i dont really miss that much in pve. I suppose for pvp you could have trouble hitting LA classes but otherwise i don't think you would miss so much that it becomes a problem.

As an HA veno, I actually miss quite a lot, even with Might rings. Yes, the Primal skills can't miss, but my basic attacks still deal more damage. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Primal skills, but they're more for debuffing and AoE. In 1v1 scenarios, especially against LA classes, the accuracy would help a lot. And even when I camp vit mode (as I am presently) with Magic rings, that 20 dex goes towards my base requirement for armor, which would be VERY helpful.

I'm not looking for an OP boost, but this would help significantly, without impacting anything else too much. It would give AA Venos an extra point of crit, nothing else. They'd be better off with BQ or Marriage blessing. But 20 Dex and Accuracy on a blessing for Venos (like the chann one for EAs) would help a LOT for HA venos. Or, me, at least. Though I think I might actually make up the majority of the voice for HA venos on this community, as I don't know anybody else who mains one.

But I'm still not the only one. I know this much. I just happen to be the most vocal of us, for now ^w^

Also, I love your avatar pic.

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
+1 i used to be HA wf on other servers, so making rings restricted would hurt HA build a lot imo. Plus i dont see the harm in it.

Beatrice♥

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
I'm basically 40

Offline 𝐂𝔩𝔳𝔪𝔰𝓎👄

• ヾ(*・。・)ノ ✖
  • “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
Won't break the game so +1
👠💓👅
𝒯𝑜𝑜 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓎 𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈

icyyuki

Won't break the game so +1
Game already broken (jk maybe) :normal-8:

Offline Pheng

• Forum Veteran
You are broken.

OT: +1 don't see anything wrong with it

Offline 𝐂𝔩𝔳𝔪𝔰𝓎👄

• ヾ(*・。・)ノ ✖
  • “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
  • Faction: Hang☆Over

Shh! Don't let them know how we venos are still broken despite all the small nerfs  ;)
👠💓👅
𝒯𝑜𝑜 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓎 𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
its my suggestion im so good

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
its my suggestion im so good

Good guy FMP, making suggestions that buff classes that are strong against Sins

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

• Esra
  • *Dandelion*
cuz sins dont have it  >:( >:( >:(

LillySatou

cuz sins dont have it  >:( >:( >:(

Cuz sins don't NEED a bless box, period.

+1