Epic Perfect World

VENO PETS

Offline Mercenary

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
As we all have seen, a veno's pet is able to do 6k+ to a person and this is because of the 0 defense skill, But why are mystic's pets so useless? This is not making sense , a pet should not be able to 11k per hit a barb or a bm stacked with the veno's atk which is usally 13-29k. The attack power of the pets need to be decrease, and the skill which gives 0 defense which allows the pets to 3 shot a person. The venos are already so quick that they can run away from any class and they can immune themselves for 20seconds or more, the pets can already stun , stacked with a veno's nova n skills to immolize it is harder to get to them. They can already turn u into a defenseless animal which im ok with BUT ALL OF THIS TOGETHER IS MAYHAM
jopaer/Mercenary

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
 ??? ??? ???

The difference between wf pets and mystic pets is that the mystic ones are only usefull for stuns and seals, also mystics are already a powerful class so it wouldn't need more improvements also I dont think its necessary to decrease the wf pets damage since it already been done before.

Offline DeMi

• Characters: DeMi, Sukkub, NelIiel
  • Faction: none r.n.
Please check forum and see how many times Venos been nefred they already fine.. beside this skill (0 def) only in demon and only if someone didn't upgraded it  (as primal). If veno get more nerf this will be most useless class from all... but i agree to 1 Myst pet can be a little bit more powerful they dmg is rly to small. Oh.. and also veno speed.. sage is not so fast so.. idk problem. Myst is class what u have to know combos. All myst who know chis class and skills can easy 1 shot venos thats not problem.
(not meanie advice) Check some pvp tutorials or as some good myst to share some good combos. Idk your gameplay so .. cant tell r u good or no. Its just my personal suggestion.

As i noticed veno nerfs:
2x dmg of pets
1x pet skill CD
1x cant summon pet in air
2x Veno def and dmg

This is what i noticed in 2 and half year can be wrong abt dmg/def ner x2 but once it was for sure.

p.s. Sorry for my english was trying to type all clearly. 

Offline (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Panda

• (● ̄(エ) ̄●)ゞテレテレ
you are right there hasnt been any QQ bout venos for a long time, lets start again

Please check forum and see how many times Venos been nefred they already fine.. beside this skill (0 def) only in demon and only if someone didn't upgraded it  (as primal). If veno get more nerf this will be most useless class from all... but i agree to 1 Myst pet can be a little bit more powerful they dmg is rly to small. Oh.. and also veno speed.. sage is not so fast so.. idk problem. Myst is class what u have to know combos. All myst who know chis class and skills can easy 1 shot venos thats not problem.
(not meanie advice) Check some pvp tutorials or as some good myst to share some good combos. Idk your gameplay so .. cant tell r u good or no. Its just my personal suggestion.

As i noticed veno nerfs:
2x dmg of pets
1x pet skill CD
2x Veno def and dmg

This is what i noticed in 2 and half year can be wrong abt dmg/def ner x2 but once it was for sure.

p.s. Sorry for my english was trying to type all clearly. 

like said before, 0def is something only demon venos have and only without upgrade. also it only has 20% chance means its a lucky proc, else just chi waste and some damage

and if you choose to take stun or damage skill on your pet or even both means your pet is a squishy fker and can probly be 1 shot(which it can be anyway by some classes if its not some badass mofo pet full buffed hue) also once killed it takes a while to recall it + buff it up so it wont be 1 shot by 110lvl

also all skills mentioned are chi skills -immune 1 spark, nova 2 spark, the lucky proc 0def is a chi skill so if you wait for proc you run out of chi pretty fast and bewitch also is a chi skill
so it cant really be used all at once if you dont trade a chi pot for a def one or genie energy on chi instead of something else you might need to protect yourself
btw with nulify poison veno skills are useless but bewitch and pet skills

and to mystics, yeah pets might be useless but you can recall the demon faster then veno pets stun c/d is over and stun again with it
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2015, 11:13 am by ℋaɀeℒ

Offline Lyn

• Inactive.
  • Characters: SheryN, Arinea
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
LOL veno 0 def skill has a chance to proc...it doesnt happen all the time. And any mystic can just 1shot the veno's pet easily.  Veno pets take longer to summon too, compared to mystics who can insta summon pets. Also, mystics can leach their pet to gain bonus phy def and crit, mdef and matk etc. so i don't personally think mystic pets are THAT useless. :rolleyes:  And don't forget absorb soul... Also, besides pet nerfs etc, i think veno r8 weapon damage has been nerfed too years ago or so i've been told. Correct me if i'm wrong. :-X

Edit: Yes, like Hazel said, veno skills require chi..lots of it :sad:

Last Edit: Apr 19, 2015, 05:08 pm by ℒƴŋ
Ty SnowLily for avvy ♥ and Angie for siggy ♥
This will get fixed anytime soon, once EPW reaches Eclipse that bug will be gone.

OT: To compare veno's CC with mystic's CC is a bad idea. Mystics can also stun you for a longer time if they focus on it. You only need to:
1) summon devil
2) use its stun skill
Repeat and rinse (skills CD resets every time you summon your pet again).

If you cannot time the stuns well, you can use devil's stun, then sleep plant, then thicket (if you feel like wasting chi...), then devil's stun again. Doesn't cost chi if you don't use thicket and is quite annoying.

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence
Considering what you said we should nerf all classes then. And only demon venomancers can haste, not sage ones. And venos are glassy already, nerfing them would be a mistake for they'd become completely useless.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
As i noticed veno nerfs:
2x dmg of pets
1x pet skill CD
2x Veno def and dmg
I really have to clarify this. Yes it's true that pets damage was lowered, but it was 2 years ago right after the Drake and Owl came out. It happened, because bleed was hierobugging people on "0 def". However the pet evolution made up for it.
Now when it comes to pets' HP, it was lowered, but just slightly. Please note that the pet evolution system has increased pets' defense tremendously, so this HP reduction had to be done to balance pets out, but still the reduction was very small. THE PETS HP IS STILL 2X RATE OF THE ORIGINAL PWI. So they are actually boosted, by far.
R8 Pataka magic damage was rather a overlook, not purposeful nerf.. The stats were carried from the dragon pataka, which was supposed to excel in physical damage.
Air summoning is the client bug, not a nerf.

The only actual nerf was a pets stun CD. Everything else what you said is misleading and unfair...

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
I really have to clarify this. Yes it's true that pets damage was lowered, but it was 2 years ago right after the Drake and Owl came out. It happened, because bleed was hierobugging people on "0 def". However the pet evolution made up for it.
Now when it comes to pets' HP, it was lowered, but just slightly. Please note that the pet evolution system has increased pets' defense tremendously, so this HP reduction had to be done to balance pets out, but still the reduction was very small. THE PETS HP IS STILL 2X RATE OF THE ORIGINAL PWI. So they are actually boosted, by far.
Pataka magic damage was rather a overlook, not purposeful nerf.. The stats were carried from the dragon pataka, which was supposed to excel in physical damage.
Air summoning is the client bug, not a nerf.

The only actual nerf was a pets stun CD. Everything else what you said is misleading and unfair...
This. :-X

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
Everything hazel said.
If you just practice against Venomancers, they won't be as OP as you think.

Opulence

As we all have seen, a veno's pet is able to do 6k+ to a person and this is because of the 0 defense skill, But why are mystic's pets so useless? This is not making sense , a pet should not be able to 11k per hit a barb or a bm stacked with the veno's atk which is usally 13-29k. The attack power of the pets need to be decrease, and the skill which gives 0 defense which allows the pets to 3 shot a person. The venos are already so quick that they can run away from any class and they can immune themselves for 20seconds or more, the pets can already stun , stacked with a veno's nova n skills to immolize it is harder to get to them. They can already turn u into a defenseless animal which im ok with BUT ALL OF THIS TOGETHER IS MAYHAM

Veno's can be intimidating especially if they have full buffage, and you are purged. But, their pet is one shot ... just use AS on it and poof - dead. Not fair to nerf their pet when it takes longer to summon it. Mystic pets are spammable and annoying, along with sleeping/slowing plants. Spamming pets generates enough chi overtime as well for you to use growth/leech/lucky break/spark ... I notice some venos exhaust their chi fast (aka your time to attack). The only thing that really sucks is trying to use pets in mass pk as they instantly die (you may have to stay in air then to support). Mystic if you are good is already OP and can excel in any 1v1 situation except maybe against some sins. Think about how annoying it is for some magic classes against mystic if you NV -> sleep -> and spam AS them to death ...

Both classes are fine xD.
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2015, 11:21 am by Kaid

Offline Lyn

• Inactive.
  • Characters: SheryN, Arinea
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
If you just practice against Venomancers, they won't be as OP as you think.

^This.
Ty SnowLily for avvy ♥ and Angie for siggy ♥

Offline Hei

Yes pls, +1 to topic. Venos need more nerf, archers need buff. Cos archers can 2 hit. How unfair right? Should be 1 hit.

On a more serious note... Haven't you all learned from experience that Agatio tries but can't rly bring a good balance to this server? Just give up on threads like this.
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2015, 11:34 am by Hei

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
How about we nerf Mystic's heal cooldown and absorb soul?  :police: