Epic Perfect World

WC, Teles, trying to be constructive

Offline milco342

The suggestion of the original post of this thread is not possible. To do so, you have to edit the elementclient.exe after completely debugging it, find the string that involves chat limits, and find a way to touch only world chat (which is impossible, as pw itself ties all chats together in terms of spam limit). Even if agatio accomplished this (no offense, but i doubt he could, as some of the best developers in the business failed to do so), anyone could just use a normal elementclient.exe, rendering the whole process completely useless.

There was a method i was working on, but i never did finish it. If any of you have ever played Silkroad Online, you would know their global chat requires right clicking an item, and typing your messege into it. I was working on a similar feature for perfect world, as this would let me control the character limit for world chat. I could also add a cooldown to the item itself, preventing spam.

This sadly, was too difficult for me, which is why i gave up. Another method agatio can do, would be pretty smart in my opinion. Add a feature to the player control panel, allowing broadcasting (similar to gm's) and apply a different color font to the broadcast. Allow this feature to only be used once an hour, and it can be used to sell things. It can be seen in all chats, and such. Ultimate marketing device! He can add said feature using php, similar to how pwadmin uses it.

The only flaw with this, would be people logging into alt accounts to use the control panel.

Unless.... Perhaps agatio can use the chat logs to his favor. Anyone that uses the task id for world chat to speak, gets muted for X amount of seconds after using the world chat. Yeah, this would be a shitty method for those getting pm's about their equipment that they are selling, but theres not really any other way.

Ill look into this matter on my test server, and see if i cant produce a solution. I'd totally sell it to agatio for a free 150 MageTank xD

MageTank
   MageTank why you make it so complicated?
150 R8 barb tanker_
150 R8 sin Cant_see_me
150 R8 Mystic Flaba
150 R8 Seeker Seekz
150 R8 Barb Bangzas

Offline xDelete

• Beer monster
Oh, I don't mind trolls, I don't mind bad language, I'm ok with eveything.

Just wanted to find some solution that will put teles back to God's Giving
and stop the situation where more problems were created than solved.

Don't worry about me, my skin is "thick enough"... LOL
That's legit, I just got sick of people that QQ about "rich" people talking on WC only...but as PARANOIA said it was a good way to increase the votes, and to be honest...Sembo said it's not fun seeing people that sell and buy stuff only...for people that got everythin' they wanted it's fun, and I'm pretty sure other people are njoy seeing people troll each other.

Offline Saphi

MAIN reason for it to be taken off gods giving to the boutique was to increase server votes.

well it did increase votes..

Spam and drama aren't tolerated, but wanting to stop people from having conversations in world chat is a bit much if you ask me. If you don't want to see it, there are several options. Turn off world chat, or blacklist people. There are GM's who moderate WC. Granted there may not always be one on, but we've all made it pretty clear that if you see someone breaking a rule, you're more than welcome to private message us a screenshot.

there are certain instances where bl doesn't really solve the problem.. it sucks if your trying to build a squad and u put up a wc using the ever precious teles and as soon as it up its gone and out of view because someone like Mord has to put out 15 lines about whatever random crap that has flit through her mind at that moment....

My 2 cents...if they want to clean up wc...be more strict, enforce the rules with consequences that actually matter..instead of muting for 5 min for drama make it an hour the first time it happens and then anything after that 3 days or something to that effect...people troll and cause drama cause they can get away with it. its a joke they get 15 warnings and then they get a 5 minutes of mute..now for some people 5 minutes might kill them.. I'm sure Mord would stop breathing..but for the most part they will wait their 5 min and then start up again..or get on another toon and rage for another 15 warnings...The trolls and drama starters know exactly what they are doing they don't need a warning.

Offline xDelete

• Beer monster
My 2 cents...if they want to clean up wc...be more strict, enforce the rules with consequences that actually matter..instead of muting for 5 min for drama make it an hour the first time it happens and then anything after that 3 days or something to that effect...people troll and cause drama cause they can get away with it. its a joke they get 15 warnings and then they get a 5 minutes of mute..now for some people 5 minutes might kill them.. I'm sure Mord would stop breathing..but for the most part they will wait their 5 min and then start up again..or get on another toon and rage for another 15 warnings...The trolls and drama starters know exactly what they are doing they don't need a warning.

5min? I was muted for 2 days cause of  my autopm, what is my OWN decision to write, I got no warning neither, Idm tho, I prolly deserved it...but who wants to play with deathly seriously and mean things goin' on? It's more fun to have fun with people...I dunno how old r u, but go play bingo or whatever if u dun like fun...

Offline Chire

5min? I was muted for 2 days cause of  my autopm, what is my OWN decision to write, I got no warning neither, Idm tho, I prolly deserved it...but who wants to play with deathly seriously and mean things goin' on? It's more fun to have fun with people...I dunno how old r u, but go play bingo or whatever if u dun like fun...

+2
KingCobra guides to dph and aps assasin. pay attention to the veri simple steps.
Aps assasin
1-donate ur house and live in a box to get 0.15 wrist on rank 8
2-get a genie with absolute domain,holy path,and 1 lv wind shield for 5 aps.
3-get shitload of wood pills and go ***ing pk

Dph assasin

1-Buy Rank 8 and pray allah for gof daggers and crit/dex on gear
2-Pray Allah for zerk+ crits and use earth rift like retarded  (Pray require minium of 6 hours a day for max gof proc)
...IF none of that work delete epic>go play Hello Kitty :normal-1:

Offline Saphi

who said anything about "deathly seriously" (w/e that means), this was a suggestion on how to fix the wc problem, and u just further confirmed my theory. U knew exactly what u were doing when u posted your autopm.. if u troll or cause drama u should be muted.. i personally don't care what any of u drama queens do in wc until it effects my ability to build a squad.

Mrai

who said anything about "deathly seriously" (w/e that means), this was a suggestion on how to fix the wc problem, and u just further confirmed my theory. U knew exactly what u were doing when u posted your autopm.. if u troll or cause drama u should be muted.. i personally don't care what any of u drama queens do in wc until it effects my ability to build a squad.
Complete agreement right there. And to me, it seems the worst ones about squad building interruptions, are Slick, Soy, Mord, and DJBumbay.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Complete agreement right there. And to me, it seems the worst ones about squad building interruptions, are Slick, Soy, Mord, and DJBumbay.

one day, i wish my name will be at the end of that list. one day....   i shall not give up till this wish is fulfilled.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Mrai

one day, i wish my name will be at the end of that list. one day....   i shall not give up till this wish is fulfilled.
I've seen you on WC a few times, but never really enough to hinder making a squad.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
I've seen you on WC a few times, but never really enough to hinder making a squad.

QQ
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
The suggestion of the original post of this thread is not possible. To do so, you have to edit the elementclient.exe after completely debugging it, find the string that involves chat limits, and find a way to touch only world chat (which is impossible, as pw itself ties all chats together in terms of spam limit). Even if agatio accomplished this (no offense, but i doubt he could, as some of the best developers in the business failed to do so), anyone could just use a normal elementclient.exe, rendering the whole process completely useless.

And so on and on...

Short translation for common people (us, mortals, hehe):

MageTank claims that same variable defines timings for
all chats together and it can't be changed separately.

He also describes which part to debug to see the same
thing again, after he already told us.

So, if it is not possible, then this topic can be deleted,
just as I mentioned in the first post. :)

~~~~~

But, there is one important question:

I vote on one account only, I want all my Gold together.
People also donate for one account only. Now: that account
got to 150 long time ago, another acc needs leveling.

How to provide Teles for that other account?

~~~~~

We also talk with each other in the game. I was told that
more and more people moved from Vendetta to Epic because
of packs on Vendetta.

~~~~~

I dunno how old r u, but go play bingo or whatever if u dun like fun...

Thing is: kids make fun with others, and when get "payback"
they complain, hiding the fact who started the whole thing. :)

Similar thing happend to me in Nightscream:
Friend moved to other guild, got new mates, but we are
still friends. We fought (practiced because he trained me
for TW) at Nightscream, and he killed me several times.
Once I managed to kill him, but before next round some
of his new friends started flaming:
"you killed him, you are OP, you will die for that" and such...
Of course I got ganked same second. LOL

Next fight (2 min later) he won again.
Last Edit: Oct 05, 2012, 12:56 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Mrai

Similar thing happend to me in Nightscream:
Friend moved to other guild, got new mates, but we are
still friends. We fought (practiced because he trained me
for TW) at Nightscream, and he killed me several times.
Once I managed to kill him, but before next round some
of his new friends started flaming:
"you killed him, you are OP, you will die for that" and such...
Of course I got ganked same second. LOL

Next fight (2 min later) he won again.

Kids just get way too butthurt over someone dying in pvp. Like, it doesn't even matter. So what if you die. You don't lose anything important except a little pride, and your ego gets a little smaller. And that's good for everybody at some point.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Kids just get way too butthurt over someone dying in pvp. Like, it doesn't even matter. So what if you die. You don't lose anything important except a little pride, and your ego gets a little smaller. And that's good for everybody at some point.

Agreed. I died hundreds of times, and every time
learned more from one death than from ten victories. :)

Mrai

Agreed. I died hundreds of times, and every time
learned more from one death than from ten victories. :)

So do I. But then again. I don't pvp. Most I do pvp wise is duels. And I don't do too bad, people I fight don't believe that I don't pvp at times. But that just comes along with playing one class so long, you just kind of memorize what each skill does and how to use them.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran

So do I. But then again. I don't pvp. Most I do pvp wise is duels. And I don't do too bad, people I fight don't believe that I don't pvp at times. But that just comes along with playing one class so long, you just kind of memorize what each skill does and how to use them.

I don't PvP either, right now not even TW.

But we still have the question: how to provide teles
for that other account that still needs leveling?

Or for my nephew's or sister's account if they
are in the same house?