Epic Perfect World

Help for making a guide

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
So, I've been playing HA Veno for quite a while now, and I see a lot of people asking me for help. I was thinking of making a guide, but I don't want to miss anything. Does anyone have a list of points that they would like to see covered? Genie, gear, stats, roles are all given for a guide, but what finer points of a class should I hit in a guide?
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Pets maybe? If there are any differences to a AA veno that is (i rly wouldnt know i dont know how to play any veno lol)

Maybe tipps for mass pks and 1v1s. Are there any neat combo's for a HA veno?
Mention why you think HA veno is worth playing -  what are the advantages? Where are the downsides?
Which War Avatars should a HA veno use?

Can't think of any more atm

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
Thank you, Neve. I'll be sure to include those things ^w^

scatterer3

So, I've been playing HA Veno for quite a while now, and I see a lot of people asking me for help. I was thinking of making a guide, but I don't want to miss anything. Does anyone have a list of points that they would like to see covered? Genie, gear, stats, roles are all given for a guide, but what finer points of a class should I hit in a guide?

• Pros & cons (Reasons why HA venomancer and reasons why not HA venomancer)
  • Gear combination (Reasonable gear combination information)
  • Play style & skills (Maybe a list of how to deal with each class and few advanced tactics to play effectively in mass.)

:P

Angelica

personally i believe HA for wf is useless, so prove why it wouldn't be

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence
You should include any battle pet's role in pk. Different playstyle's like for instance "What's best for Deer battle pet, playing as an attk level based pet or def level based one?". That would help a lot venos to see what reshapes they need for their pets. Def lvl based ones or either attk lvl based ones. :)

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
I'm going to take all of these into account, and will probably start on the guide later today or some time tomorrow.

Offline Soorows

• Lina
  • What doesn't kill you has another chance at killing you
  • Characters: Liina_
  • Faction: Crown
 This is actually amazing and thank you. I made myself a veno, however being a cleric/ mystic for my whole "PW" life I have no clue how to play other class, well i know main things but as for pk/ combos and so on it is very hard for me to figure out. So as for veno I would love to see a nice complete guide as I was reading here and there and watching few videos, they are very little of help because mainly they are PWI and other servers which have wayyy different playstyles and I actulally haven yet come across a full complete veno guide here yet.

As a starting player of that class I would love to know few things:
-Demon vs Sage (advantages and disadvantages/skills/combos/genie usage/ 1v1/ gear (chann/pdef/accessories/engraves) and I mean for both as in for demon amybe you will say more magg so actually mag/att engraves as for sage more tanky (idk)) [because as a cleric I have few sets or gear/accessories/wepons and I like to change depending on situation] so I guess same apply to veno)
- Pets these are quite important to me [ I'd like to know what skills/mood skills(or whatever they are called) and combos in pk for pets to use.. also evolutions as in what stats I should aim for my main pets and why...
-Veno role in mass pk ( I know there is such as amp/purge/nova but maybe there is more?)
- Genie skills (same here as for armour maybe 2-3 genies depending on situation) and why.

I think those are the main things Id like to know.. also I noticed for example dragon pataka needs like 450str, yet again as someone mentioned (heavy veno, meh) so maybe tell why.
Lastly, I would love to know about aps veno lol..

Ah and sorry for repeating anything that has been said above. Cnt wait to see the guide ^^

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
I made myself a veno, however being a cleric/ mystic for my whole "PW" life I have no clue how to play other class

I apologize, this won't be a Veno guide, as those exist already. I've only found one HA Veno guide out there, and the creator does things differently than I do. Plus that guide is a bit outdated. This willnot be a guide for aspiring Venomancers. I play HA Veno, and only HA Veno, not Arcane. You'd be better off asking someone who has spent  their time on the base class. I jumped straight into this without knowing much about AA Venos, and can't provide information on how most people play the class.

As for pets:

Offline Soorows

• Lina
I apologize, this won't be a Veno guide, as those exist already. I've only found one HA Veno guide out there, and the creator does things differently than I do. Plus that guide is a bit outdated. This willnot be a guide for aspiring Venomancers. I play HA Veno, and only HA Veno, not Arcane. You'd be better off asking someone who has spent  their time on the base class. I jumped straight into this without knowing much about AA Venos, and can't provide information on how most people play the class.

Well phewww, atleast I will know about HA veno I guess :-\

Kizumbau

This is actually amazing and thank you. I made myself a veno, however being a cleric/ mystic for my whole "PW" life I have no clue how to play other class, well i know main things but as for pk/ combos and so on it is very hard for me to figure out. So as for veno I would love to see a nice complete guide as I was reading here and there and watching few videos, they are very little of help because mainly they are PWI and other servers which have wayyy different playstyles and I actulally haven yet come across a full complete veno guide here yet.

As a starting player of that class I would love to know few things:
-Demon vs Sage (advantages and disadvantages/skills/combos/genie usage/ 1v1/ gear (chann/pdef/accessories/engraves) and I mean for both as in for demon amybe you will say more magg so actually mag/att engraves as for sage more tanky (idk)) [because as a cleric I have few sets or gear/accessories/wepons and I like to change depending on situation] so I guess same apply to veno)
Demon or sage wf is a very hard question to answer, some would completely dismiss the idea of sage wf being anywhere near as effective as demon one, but with the enhanced fox form for sage wfs, both cultivations became pretty equal to me. The main reason why people love demon wfs in mass pk is nova ofcourse with the curse effect added, any AA'ed target will die way easier, almost instant and without being able to do anything. However, sage nova, has a chance to consume only 1 spark and on top of that, sage wf is a freakin' chi machine so in the time a demon one gets the chi to cast 1, a sage one has casted 3. In fact all a sage wf has to wait for to cast nova is CD, because they will always have the chi. Sage purge and sage soul of degeneration are also great additions. Demon wf has better kiting abilities making survival easier on this one(all you have to do is pop summer sprint and run the fk off), sage wf, as mentioned earlier, will have enough chi to pop any survival skill and not worrying about running out of it. Both sage and demon can kill just as fast with the right pet and gear. Full chan for both. Sage wf being only support is a messed  up idea, both can kill just as fast. If you want to make a tanky wf for support only then it's true sage will be more fitting, but both cultivations can go for the DD path just as efficiently.
- Pets these are quite important to me [ I'd like to know what skills/mood skills(or whatever they are called) and combos in pk for pets to use.. also evolutions as in what stats I should aim for my main pets and why...
There are only a few effective and useful moods, you can check them in game on the mood list,just don't use the PvE related ones... Reshape for atk level/phy atk, pets with the right mood will survive just fine with your heals and a good DD pet has no value, it can even deal more dmg than you :'(
-Veno role in mass pk ( I know there is such as amp/purge/nova but maybe there is more?)
There's a role defining guide made my Xpend somewhere around. Best thing you can do is there.
- Genie skills (same here as for armour maybe 2-3 genies depending on situation) and why.
Vit/mag genie with the usual survival skills and cloud eruption(if you're demon, sage doesn't need it  :police:) will be fine.
I think those are the main things Id like to know.. also I noticed for example dragon pataka needs like 450str, yet again as someone mentioned (heavy veno, meh) so maybe tell why.
Lastly, I would love to know about aps veno lol..
Pelnar's job lol

Ah and sorry for repeating anything that has been said above. Cnt wait to see the guide ^^

Apologies, for kind of offtopic. But AA veno is easy easy class, couldn't leave her like that  :-\
Last Edit: Apr 06, 2015, 05:26 am by Kizumbau

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
Apologies, for kind of offtopic. But AA veno is easy easy class, couldn't leave her like that  :-\

No need to apologize, I'm all for helping people, and I'm glad when people can get the info that they're looking for. You're being helpful, and I'm glad for that ^w^

Offline Soorows

• Lina

Ty :)

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
Guide in progress. Bumping for more suggestions while I write. Expect it up in a week or so. I'm going to put it on \/irus' forum at first, to get initial reviews. Then I'll edit accordingly, and post it on these forums ^w^