Epic Perfect World

Class Talk

Offline Nuggy

Heyooo.

Not sure where to post this but just wanted to chat. I'm thinking of creating an alt because I play EP all the darn time. I want it to be either a mystic or psychic. So just wanted some discussion on both :)

I feel like I see way more mystics around then psychics though, but I always thought psychics would deal more damage. I feel as if I could learn either class quite easily as I am used to magic classes, I just want to do less healing and more my own thing.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Being one of the most talented, skilled, and Godly players on the server, please take my advice to heart.

I started off as a Psychic, it is OP, but it's a glass cannon. You will deal massive amounts of damage on all classes, in mass PK and in 1v1, but you will die in 1,2 or 3 hits from any class in the game if you're caught in black voodoo. Unless you're Mentalista of course, he is a God.

Then made a Mystic because it's the most broken class in the game as of right now (Until Stormbringers that is)

Full channeling Mystic will beat anyone in-game that isn't a defense camping 3.33 assassin.

They will literally rip through SoG, Dew Stars, Any immunity that isn't IG/AD/Sutra. You just can't beat them.

They're OP in 1v1, and Super-Healers in mass PK. Not to mention are a combination of almost every magic class in-game other than Wizard.

Make a Mystic, you will have no regrets, if you find it too easy, or frankly boring.. Make a Psychic- but be warned you will die an astonishing amount of times in mass PK.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Heyooo.

Not sure where to post this but just wanted to chat. I'm thinking of creating an alt because I play EP all the darn time. I want it to be either a mystic or psychic. So just wanted some discussion on both :)

I feel like I see way more mystics around then psychics though, but I always thought psychics would deal more damage. I feel as if I could learn either class quite easily as I am used to magic classes, I just want to do less healing and more my own thing.

Then go with a psy. If you go with a mystic you'll end up healing alot if you main a cleric, its almost impossible to resist the urge to heal someone when you see the hp dropping.

Offline Lyn

• Inactive.
  • Characters: SheryN, Arinea
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
Then go with a psy. If you go with a mystic you'll end up healing alot if you main a cleric, its almost impossible to resist the urge to heal someone when you see the hp dropping.

^
Totally agree with this. I made a mystic and told myself 'imma DD and imma absorb soul all baddies in pk'.
Then in real mass pk, i ended up healing squad coz i just couldn't stand and watch ppl's hp go down pfpfpfpfpft :'(
If you can resist the urge, then good for u heh :-X

Also, psychics hit really hard, but so can mystics. I think i've seen more psychics lose in 1v1 vs mystics rather than the other way round. Absorb soul too stronk :'( :'(
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2015, 06:35 pm by ℒƴŋ
Ty SnowLily for avvy ♥ and Angie for siggy ♥

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
Mystic>Psy. end of the story  >:D :))

Offline Nuggy

Totally agree with this. I made a mystic and told myself 'imma DD and imma absorb soul all baddies in pk'.
Then in real mass pk, i ended up healing squad coz i just couldn't stand and watch ppl's hp go down pfpfpfpfpft :'(
If you can resist the urge, then good for u heh :-X

Haha I totally feel like it would be like this. Didn't know mystics were so imbalanced, also didn't know psychics were so smushy. I may start a mystic then or just keep working on my current veno alt (having problems with her because I don't know which pets are best.... also her ini sucks and I can't stand her face

Offline Lyn

• Inactive.
  • Characters: SheryN, Arinea
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
Haha I totally feel like it would be like this. Didn't know mystics were so imbalanced, also didn't know psychics were so smushy. I may start a mystic then or just keep working on my current veno alt (having problems with her because I don't know which pets are best.... also her ini sucks and I can't stand her face

Im not 100% sure but i've been told many times that Avatar of War/Astral Drake are best tank pets.
As for her ini, just make ini event or ask friends to make you an ini heh ;)
Ty SnowLily for avvy ♥ and Angie for siggy ♥

Offline Nuggy

I should probably just take some time myself to work on it, cause every time I log her I'm just like nope :|

But no time right nao, gotta x2. Which by the way trying to farm in NS is the hardest thing evah

* oh and what are your thoughts on the deer or owl pets, I got told that owl is PvE but idk about deer..

Opulence

I don't have experience with psychic. After playing mystic for so long I don't think I could go play a psy xD.

Mystic is so versatile. And really I don't think you need to spend all your time healing others ... gosh I sure don't unless yelled at :rolleyes:. A mystic does not replace a cleric, sage heals are nice (25% or whatever it is puri effect) but it is not guaranteed.

I am a noob player unless someone is more noob than me (sad day for them) ... but you will for the most part give the D to all magic classes, average playing archers, and be able to hold off barbs/bms. I agree with Dom that you will have the most trouble with sins especially REALLY good sins. When god sin comes around I'm like RIP Kaid.

The negative aspect of mystic? For me ... I get extremely lazy. Or lack care to spawn pets. Its easy to want to just spam heal on yourself and to absorb soul everything. In mass pk pets are sometimes useless, as they die from aoe easily. Mystic range is also very sad when AAing off an archer for instance. You may have no option but to heal squad instead (in mass pk scenarios in order to avoid dying).

But overall DD mystic is fun and can be OP, the really good mystics on the server will beat anyone.
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2015, 07:02 pm by kaid✗

Offline Death

• Old Player
Alternatively you can turn your ep into a dd, your guildies wouldn't exactly appreciate that but whatever. If you go UV, you can't heal, so all you'll be doing is debuffing, sealing and support dding, which can be more useful in pvp than trying to heal your squishy mates.

Offline Boddgy

• Mystic father
  • Artifex#1
  • Characters: Boddgy and Wrld
I prefer mystic (demon) they op as hell they can be tanks in mass pk or while be ganked I don't heal no one unless they scream at me or tell me too but even then I just give 1 heal and petals haha
Artifex

Offline Nuggy

Alternatively you can turn your ep into a dd, your guildies wouldn't exactly appreciate that but whatever. If you go UV, you can't heal, so all you'll be doing is debuffing, sealing and support dding, which can be more useful in pvp than trying to heal your squishy mates.

I'm demon EP, so I'm already as DD as they come. Just need the gear to match my needs :C

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence
I prefer Mystics to Psychics tbh. I find psychics a boring class. They're good I won't lie but
Mystic>Psy. end of the story  >:D :))

Offline Eliteknight2003

• Psychic Smurf
  • 1+1=Fish
  • Characters: Toonsurfer
  • Faction: HellRazor
As a psychic, be prepared to die a lot. And I do mean a lot I died a bunch when in first started a psychic. But on the flip side once you learn their limits they can be rather rewarding.

Once you learn how to use black/white Voodoo's with your other defense abilities and can turn the tides on the person your fighting it can be really nice to see that 40k crit pop up.

But they are very situational one mistake and you will be punished for it while mystics are a but more forgiving if you misclick. Honestly it depends on your play style and how you want to help the team. I prefer psychics. But I am clearly the minority here. Feel free to message me in game if you see me.  Toonsurfer

Kizumbau

Psychics will destroy anything and everything fast if built well and played well.

Do not waste your money on building your psychic for defense/tankiness of course you should get a good def level weapon to combine with white voodoo and survive those 2spark elimination sins and DPH EAs a bit but, most of the times, you'll die anyway. Psychic is a glass cannon class, get as much mag points/crit rate/atk level on r8 reshapes and engraves. Don't bother for channeling either, aside from a few skills, they don't need it. If you play it right, not camping white voodoo out of panic every time, and positioning well in mass pk, spamming that annoying as **** soul of stunning/retailation, you'll be fine and you will get  a lot of satisfaction with this class by one shotting b!tches left and right. :police:

Mystics is a rather boring class and there's not much I can say about it since I only played one for about a month(ok, fine 2 days  :-X). As a mystic, you could choose full DD or full support or hybrid(everyone chooses this one and switches depending the situation). According to what you want, mystic wouldn't be a great option if you want to do "less healing and more of your own thing". If your squad doesn't have EP, your members(or at least the leader) will assume you will try to fill that role and keep everyone ( or at least the leader) alive. If your squad does have an EP, you'll still have to keep an eye on the EP's and leader's HP and help the EP out whenever he/she needs it and the rest of the time, you can lay back and just AA and kill,(mystics are also good for annoying and CCing with the sleep plant and the seal/paralyze plant).

Full chan is the way to go, you'll kill everyone and everything and you don't need the defense when you can spam heal,(a good def level/purify weapon will be enough for when you have to support).

In a 1v1 situation, of course mystic would facefk win to a psychic(unless they're reaaallyyyy bad or the psychic's reallyyyyyy good). But I feel like in the killing aspect, it takes longer and more resources to kill as a mystic (you must use atk and channel boosts in order to kill faster and efficiently; your pets are the ones who stun/sleep not you, so you have to summon them and, sometimes, doing all this is way to predictable, sets the target on defensive and they run or pop evil ward before you can do anything unless you're full chan then the target will just die wondering wtf happened) whereas a well built psychic just has to be in black voodoo to take down even the tankiest person.

As a conclusion, go psy and say goodbye to healing.

???

OK I WENT OVERBOARD WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, I'M DONE BYE.
Last Edit: Apr 05, 2015, 09:24 pm by Kizumbau