Epic Perfect World

Tele's are now untradable?????

Offline Saphi

So my hubby just bought some teles on his account to give to me because I can't vote because of all the one person can vote per ip bs...and when he went to trade them to me it wouldn't allow the trade.. So we looked a little closer at the teles and they say "Unable to be traded"...Now not only are teles only available through the boutique, but they are untradable!!! So basically I will have no way of selling anything or talking in wc at all..You guys are on a roll..keep up the good work...

Offline Sephiroth

• Mostly retired player.
  • Characters: Sephiroth 150 Seeker
  • Faction: NoHomo
Fixing more things that aren't broken.
Sephiroth 150 Sage Seeker
Many other 150 toons :/
---------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
Fixing more things that aren't broken.

Logical reasoning behind this if you aren't familiar with Worldchat flame.
Other reasonings regarding possible abuse to our voting scripts and mass production of selling teles at a low cost.

Another outlook on this I could possibly see going in another way;

1. Reduce Stacks to 5 teles per stack max (This will limit how much space players would like to waste when they carry around teles)
2. Add them back to NPC
3. Set a price on them

How much inventory space would you take up carrying around stacks of 5 teles?

Offline Sephiroth

• Mostly retired player.
  • Characters: Sephiroth 150 Seeker
  • Faction: NoHomo
Other reasonings regarding possible abuse to our voting scripts and mass production of selling teles at a low cost.

1. Reduce Stacks to 5 teles per stack max (This will limit how much space players would like to waste when they carry around teles)
2. Add them back to NPC
3. Set a price on them

I like the ideas, I understood when they had been removed from the NPC since the cost was exceptionally cheap. I have the fortune of being able to vote without hassle but i can see how people could have an issue voting and without that the only way to speak in WC is donating now, and that brings the game eerily similar to PWI but even there you can purchase them multiple ways. Either way I see this as being a short term fix.     Appreciate the reply though.
Sephiroth 150 Sage Seeker
Many other 150 toons :/
---------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Saphi

2. Add them back to NPC
3. Set a price on them

ok..so first off.. hows would reducing the stacks to 5 solve anything? do u really think these people that are supposedly cheating the system are going to care how much space it takes up? prob not.they are going to have the cubi there regardless..it just means that they will have to refill their shop more frequently. more then anything it would be an inconvenience to the people who aren't trying to cheat the system, second..supposedly the teles were put in the boutique to slow down wc..has it slowed down at all? the people who were gumming it up in the first place have TONS of teles..so really does it make sense to continue to punish the people that aren't abusing anything? your not fixing problems with the scamers..its just making more issues for the rest of us.

Offline lucyღ

• <3
  • Characters: Iucy
I noticed the Tele issue the other day too...I traded most of my teles to my bank toon a few weeks ago and now I cant trade them back lol. I have to share voting with my flatmate too, so its a bit of a pain for me too lol, but I trust the GMs know what they are doing with this lol

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
I noticed the Tele issue the other day too...I traded most of my teles to my bank toon a few weeks ago and now I cant trade them back lol. I have to share voting with my flatmate too, so its a bit of a pain for me too lol, but I trust the GMs know what they are doing with this lol
I don't. I trust them with many other things, bit not with this one.

Teleacoustics are needed by people who try to gather squad.
They try it more at their lower levels,  when they still don't
have gear and is expected to spend some Cubi on tokens
and other stuf too.

When you have your Dragon done you need less Cubi
and can spend more on Teleacoustics. You also have
more "free time" to troll around.

So, more you need it, less available. Less you need it,
more available. Will you use it for goofing once you
made your endgame?

For what else?

Result is worse than before, and we see it every day.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
Teles will become tradeable again on next patch with either a price increase or a quantity decrease.

25teles for 50silver
or
5 teles for 10silver

Rules will be forced heavier as-well, complain about one can complain about both.
There will be less warnings given as-well, shouldn't need proof for every offense you make anyway.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Teles will become tradeable again on next patch with either a price increase or a quantity decrease.

25teles for 50silver
or
5 teles for 10silver

Rules will be forced heavier as-well, complain about one can complain about both.
There will be less warnings given as-well, shouldn't need proof for every offense you make anyway.

So, cut off more people who try to find squad or buy something,
give more room to those who did everything and now don't know
what to do with their gold.

Offline Saphi

I was wondering..When the teles were originally put into the boutique I had 3 stacks of 1000 and  1 stack of 500. When the patch was put into place and teles put into the boutique the stack quantity was lowered from 1000 to 200. Therefore when I relogged after the patch there were only 4 stacks of 200 in my bag. When i complained to the gms and even to aga about the fact that I lost over 350m in coin that was used to purchase all those teles the response I got was..and I quote " the loss wasn't really that much was it"(which might I add was incredibly offensive being as I farm all my gold and it takes a while to earn that much so my time was wasted.) I'm sure that I am not the only person to have this problem. So, what I'm wondering is if there will be the same problem when this patch goes into effect..if so could u please kindly let us know the maximum stack so that we can split our existing teles into the proper quantities to ensure  that we don't experience the same loss.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle

25teles for 50silver
or
5 teles for 10silver

how will this affect those that abuse/hack the voting script. as i understand, that was the original reasoning behind making tele's go Untrade-able in the first place.

edit: one thing i can think of, to somewhat slow down or annoy those abusers, would be to make tele's unable to be put in catshops.  >.>
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2012, 12:36 pm by PARANOIA
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
how will this affect those that abuse/hack the voting script. as i understand, that was the original reasoning behind making tele's go Untrade-able in the first place.

No, it was not connected with voting script.

It is attempt to reduce number of people in World Chat.
And it clearly reduces only number of those who really need WC.

Those who did endgame and don't know what else to do with Gold
now have more room to troll.

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
I still say perhaps you could use the 3 strikes you're out rule with these ppl.  You flame/spam in wc to the point that you get a mute three times within three days and that toon is banned.  I've seen some people that deserve a mute three times in three hours or less...that's just my thought on a fix.   

These people will eventually get tired of creating more alts, because they will get banned more quickly as they are reported and/or muted. 
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline TaChalla

• Brony For Life !
Put a time increase between teles so that they can only be used like once every 10 minutes force them to take their talks to private chat ... that would shut those attention farmers up. On that same note no-one cares if u just got ganked or want to have your little qq secessions, take them to private chat or make a chat room in game yes there is that option it looks like a little house on the chat bar, just gtfo of world chat !
Character: RipKord
Class: Seeker
Level: 150
Faction: Halloween