Epic Perfect World

Poll

Hm? What's your opinion

Yes
No
Perhaps, if aga puts his own 'other' options

Engrave methods

scatterer3

Wanting 2 atk 10 dex/str/mag on your engraves is a commodity and a luxury, not a necessity. I was actually the first ever on this server to actually bother with them and I got a full set consisting of 2 atk 10 dex Pdef/Mdef : ds , ws and rings for about 42k ec total a couple months after engraves on ornaments were added.
1 engrave = 60 st = 180 ec
1 ET = 140 ec average and ways of obtaining it are about 100, can't say same for ST
-1 because obvious reasons, if you want best engraves you better pay the price.

Luxury is having or trying to get triple interval wrists on psychic or triple elemental resistance on mage. Those engraves are more expensive since everyone needs them.

Offline WinAllDay

• Love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage.
  • Characters: WinAllDay WinEveryDay Ect
  • Faction: Devils
+1 ofc things might get cheaper but having 40-50k just for 2 attack levels 10+ dex/str/mag is ridiculous i could understand more attacks you get higher price will anything be but just op :< 

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Luxury is having or trying to get triple interval wrists on psychic or triple elemental resistance on mage. Those engraves are more expensive since everyone needs them.
Since when did 2 atk x stat become a necessity? I fail to see it
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu

no, again.. engraves are not completely necessary immediately

they're a luxury you can get after working for them, they're not 100% necessary for survival or killing

people just want them for bragging rights mostly  :police:

Offline Soorows

• Lina
  • What doesn't kill you has another chance at killing you
  • Characters: Liina_
  • Faction: Crown
Feel like saying +1 but id do that because i don't have perfect engraves or rolls myself just yet.. But I will say -1 because even though I don't pve alot, I still come to the game for the events (which are fun) and somewhat I don't get bored knowing that there still room to improveme my gears. I agree with people who say that it will make server boring, because I've tried other servers like inception, magic and etc... and they are boring because you get all your gears in one day and then what? boring... that's why they have such small amounts of people using those servers. No hate, that is just my opinion. I played PWI where you farm 24/7 and even after that you are not good enough... compared to this server farming here is very easy, I am sure we all have few alts, we all can solo bh's sooo there is your st if you do it for a week(you dont even need to do it everyday, you can sack bhs and then do it) on few chars u have decent amount of st to engrave your gears, do fsp and you have alot of bloods, well so yeah, I dont think there is a need to make it easier.

scatterer3

Since when did 2 atk x stat become a necessity? I fail to see it

Since DEF LV's exist. You must have tried to feel your iris with your finger. To be honest, I know how you feel about this threa(t)d, but I think this is a nice idea.

no, again.. engraves are not completely necessary immediately

they're a luxury you can get after working for them, they're not 100% necessary for survival or killing

people just want them for bragging rights mostly  :police:

It's a waste of time to get other engraves and not aim for DEF LV or ATK LV's. It's like walking around on dragon and wondering if R8r is necessary. You can PK on dragon or nirvana gear, but R8r is more suitable for it, it's the same analogy. If you think it isn't, just question yourself: Which one is more suitable for my archer, ATK LV +2/DEX +11 or DEX+10/DEX+11?

This suggestion never meant belt/neck engraves to be for free, but to add an other way of engraving belts and necklaces since many (including myself) can't always do NW for supply tokens, easy.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
It's a waste of time to get other engraves and not aim for DEF LV or ATK LV's. It's like walking around on dragon and wondering if R8r is necessary. You can PK on dragon or nirvana gear, but R8r is more suitable for it, it's the same analogy. If you think it isn't, just question yourself: Which one is more suitable for my archer, ATK LV +2/DEX +11 or DEX+10/DEX+11?

This suggestion never meant belt/neck engraves to be for free, but to add an other way of engraving belts and necklaces since many (including myself) can't always do NW for supply tokens, easy.

no, the difference between PKing on dragon gear (or... nirvana? wtf) vs r8 gear is a much bigger difference than playing with a belt with good engraves vs playing with no engraves.  do engraves make a difference?  of course.  is it something you need to increase the possibilities of getting?  not really.  it's still possible to get the orns you want, whether buying or hoping for luck.

please note that I'm not saying engraves on orns are useless or don't make a difference at all.  they do, but it's not something entirely necessary like actual gear that you need to make it easier to get.  having a belt itself is more important than just +2 att level on it.

scatterer3

no, the difference between PKing on dragon gear (or... nirvana? wtf) vs r8 gear is a much bigger difference than playing with a belt with good engraves vs playing with no engraves.  do engraves make a difference?  of course.  is it something you need to increase the possibilities of getting?  not really.  it's still possible to get the orns you want, whether buying or hoping for luck.

please note that I'm not saying engraves on orns are useless or don't make a difference at all.  they do, but it's not something entirely necessary like actual gear that you need to make it easier to get.  having a belt itself is more important than just +2 att level on it.

You can play with LV 110 gear, or even naked. The difference exists for those who want to see them, probably not you, because this suggestion appears to be a threat for you too. In the end of the day, no matter how big or small the difference is, there is a difference. As the simplest example check the price difference. I won't enter calculations since it bothers me to state facts and see how people ignore it and instead "+1" some retarded "LOOOOOOOL" posts, lol. Making such comparisons will lead us to 110 gear, the difference isn't so high either if we compare dragon belt with WS belt (clean), then nirvana belt with dragon belt, etc.

In a 1v1, you can clearly see how much these differences matter, and they matter more than you think, even -5% channeling matter in 1v1.

scatterer3

Feel like saying +1 but id do that because i don't have perfect engraves or rolls myself just yet.. But I will say -1 because even though I don't pve alot, I still come to the game for the events (which are fun) and somewhat I don't get bored knowing that there still room to improveme my gears. I agree with people who say that it will make server boring, because I've tried other servers like inception, magic and etc... and they are boring because you get all your gears in one day and then what? boring... that's why they have such small amounts of people using those servers. No hate, that is just my opinion. I played PWI where you farm 24/7 and even after that you are not good enough... compared to this server farming here is very easy, I am sure we all have few alts, we all can solo bh's sooo there is your st if you do it for a week(you dont even need to do it everyday, you can sack bhs and then do it) on few chars u have decent amount of st to engrave your gears, do fsp and you have alot of bloods, well so yeah, I dont think there is a need to make it easier.

Yeah, this suggestion will affect even those who can attend NW, and that's the downside of it, but maybe making it pretty hard, so people who can do NW decide to do NW and not bother themselves with an other alternative. Your post is maybe the most valid and accurate post in this thread.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
You can play with LV 110 gear, or even naked. The difference exists for those who want to see them, probably not you, because this suggestion appears to be a threat for you too. In the end of the day, no matter how big or small the difference is, there is a difference. As the simplest example check the price difference. I won't enter calculations since it bothers me to state facts and see how people ignore it and instead "+1" some ******ed "LOOOOOOOL" posts, lol. Making such comparisons will lead us to 110 gear, the difference isn't so high either if we compare dragon belt with WS belt (clean), then nirvana belt with dragon belt, etc.

In a 1v1, you can clearly see how much these differences matter, and they matter more than you think, even -5% channeling matter in 1v1.

"threat"?  :normal-9: I think you misunderstand my reasons for saying -1 to this

and please reread what I said

I'm trying to say, that it is something you don't need to make easier because you do not need it right away; you don't need it to be made easier by giving more ways to do it

you can live without your perfectly engraved orns long enough to farm for them properly: this is what makes the server still active

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
-1, I get what you mean getting the supplies is difficult cause most people dun got time to do em. However theres morai where if you got like what? 200 alts like some people do, in 3 weeks they got 200 engraves for neck/belt. This shit isn't meant to be made easier, making it 50 ancient emblems is literally nothing much, people can just buy good engraves with that but getting like 9k emblems or something. You also got BH where every 2 days = 60 ST for engraves, NW where you might get 4-5 engraves for neck/belt given you have a good nation which is literally frost right now. And besides engraves are like a side project once you're done with your r8r.

Now, where you mean Event tokens, that isn't half bad idea considering we can conver them into ST and ofc they aint tradeable. Can't farm em, and some people got em lying around.

There are some points which are reasonable, but some aren't, only thing i would +1 to is the ET for engraves, not WWI/Cogs/Ancient Emblems, cause all that shit is buyable and ruins the point of working on the engraves by taking your time and farming the ST for it, cause there are people that got like 500+ of those things. ET is different cause that shit is stable.

I'm not good with economy on epic mainly cause i dun buy or sell stuff often, so idk if my opinion matters much. I'm just basing this off of the effort a person puts into getting the engraves.

scatterer3

"threat"?  :normal-9: I think you misunderstand my reasons for saying -1 to this

and please reread what I said

I'm trying to say, that it is something you don't need to make easier because you do not need it right away; you don't need it to be made easier by giving more ways to do it

you can live without your perfectly engraved orns long enough to farm for them properly: this is what makes the server still active

You were trying to say they are not necessary, not that adding multiple ways to get them will make it easier to get them, and the server won't die just because there is an other additional way to engrave your belts and necklaces, lol. Again, don't make such comparisons, you can live with dragon gear, but in the end, with full built, a complete set of such engraved ornaments will make a real difference. And because most aim for it, since it's necessary, there should be an other way for those who can't attend NW.

Offline Soorows

• Lina
You were trying to say they are not necessary, not that adding multiple ways to get them will make it easier to get them, and the server won't die just because there is an other additional way to engrave your belts and necklaces, lol. Again, don't make such comparisons, you can live with dragon gear, but in the end, with full built, a complete set of such engraved ornaments will make a real difference. And because most aim for it, since it's necessary, there should be an other way for those who can't attend NW.

Another way? What about bh, morai event, aries and even selling ur voting gold and probably many more? ppl wont stop asking for easier ways, now easier ways to get engraves.. tomorrow something else..

Plus ppl will stop going NW then.. what is he point of that? may as well remove it then.
Last Edit: Mar 17, 2015, 11:26 pm by Soorows

scatterer3

Another way? What about bh, morai event, aries and even selling ur voting gold and probably many more? ppl wont stop asking for easier ways, now easier ways to get engraves.. tomorrow something else..

"Easier ways" is different from "additional way". BH sounds okay, what Morai event? and since when can you buy supply tokens in order to sell your gold? I usually do not agree with "Easier ways" but I prefer it over "No ways". And it shouldn't be an easier way, but I consider it automatically easier to get supply tokens for myself, since I can not attend NW. I feel like I am repeating myself over and over again, QQ.

Offline Soorows

• Lina
"Easier ways" is different from "additional way". BH sounds okay, what Morai event? and since when can you buy supply tokens in order to sell your gold? I usually do not agree with "Easier ways" but I prefer it over "No ways". And it shouldn't be an easier way, but I consider it automatically easier to get supply tokens for myself, since I can not attend NW. I feel like I am repeating myself over and over again, QQ.

Not ST you can sell various things make EC then u can buy stuffs with engraves you like, Anyway that's just my opinion.