Epic Perfect World

Launcher won't run. :(

Offline Kazureblue

My roommate is having trouble getting the launcher to run so that we can patch the game. It gives me the first tiny box that updates the launcher, but after that nothing happens. The launcher doesn't start up at all on his computer. I don't know if it's because of windows xp or what, but it updated fine until patch 38. Since then we've been having multiple launcher problems on his computer. I have win 7 on mine and mine works fine.

The oddest part is though that he can log into the game without the new patch, and it still runs on 38. I don't know if that's normal or not, but he would really like the new content. <3

Thanks very much in advance for the help ^.^

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
try manual patching the game with the download link Aga has provided
Click "no" when the small window comes up to auto patch
Click "Manual" tab
Find the file you downloaded and update

Offline Kazureblue

But the launcher doesn't open. I don't get those options.  I get the launcher update small window thing, but not the launcher itself.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I suggest you re-extracting the game

Offline Kazureblue

I will try that and get back to you guys.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
u dont need the launcher to manual patch.
just double click on the .cup file, it should the rest for you,
try running it as admin too. which Windows are you using ?

Offline Kazureblue

Windows XP. I tried just opening the downloaded patch but it said that the file was corrupted. I am going to try Aga's suggestion too. And possibly try to redownload the manual patch.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
You can also try rebooting PC, if often helps if it doesn't let you manual patch

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
dont use google chrome to download stuff. it corrupts files.

Offline Kazureblue

So, I am currently redownloading the game via direct link since i downloaded it with a torrent file last time. It keeps saying, when I try and open the patch file, that the game file is corrupted, but for some reason its still possible to log into the game, just without the 39 patch. Which is fine for now while I download the new one to reinstall. I am going to try and manually patch it after it is redownloaded.

It's just odd that I've never had trouble with it before, and I do not have trouble with it at all on my laptop, just my roommates desktop. Everything works and runs the way it should on my laptop. I'm not mad or anything, just a little stunned about how weird it all is XD

I do really appreciate how quickly the GM's respond to the messages here and how much they care about their players <3 Most places wouldn't even bother helping as much as the lot of you guys have. And I really feel as if I've done nothing but complain x.x so I decided to put in a little bit of a thanks here <3

Offline Kazureblue

Redownloading seemed to work the best, as everything is now up to date <3 Thank you all very much for all of your help! And we really appreciate all the work you guys, and gals, do to help us players. My roommate is also very very pleased now that they can log into the game and actually see the new wings and mounts <3

Offline Lynnxy

Im actually kinda having the same problem but like, when i would go into the folder i extracted i would go to the launcher folder and open it and do the launcher it would load and everything but once i hit play on the launcher the launcher would disappear and no game no nothing would come up or anything! PLZ help T_T :'(

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
click on the Verify button thats in ur launcher.
then try rebooting your computer, sometimes it helps.
also create an exception on ur antivirus for the whole epw folder.
only then u try to start the game.

let us know how it went  :-\

Offline Lynnxy

ive tried the verify part and rebooting it wont work o.o

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
try reintalling the client the add the exception on the antivirus before you update the game.