Epic Perfect World

More Balence is needed for the Game!

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Let's take another look at what would be "overpowered" shall we? Look at archers skills. Notice how almost all of them can be casted with under 1 second of channeling time.
This means an archer retains max possible damage, while being able to cast 2 skills in a single second. Yes... 2 skills in a single second.

You are not the first and not the last one.

People, open any skill on any class and read.
There are THREE times there:
- channeling
- casting
- cooldown

Now, only channeling can be reduced, but casting and cooldown can't.
Which means you can start casting earlier, but not finish faster.

PWI originally created things to just give impression of change,
but to not gain anything.

Same as "Archer with Fists". To be able to use fists you have to
reduce Dex and move stat points to Str. Then Archer complains
about "Sin hits harder with bow", and other nonsense.

Of course. HA Cleric will heal or hit lower because of all that
points reduced in Mag to be able to add them to Str.

"Mom, I want to still have my cookies even after I eat them."
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Mrai

You are not the first and not the last one.

People, open any skill on any class and read.
There are THREE times there:
- channeling
- casting
- cooldown

Now, only channeling can be reduced, but casting and cooldown can't.
Which means you can start casting earlier, but not finish faster.

PWI originally created things to just give impression of change,
but to not gain anything.

Same as "Archer with Fists". To be able to use fists you have to
reduce Dex and move stat points to Str. Then Archer complains
about "Sin hits harder with bow", and other nonsense.

Of course. HA Cleric will heal or hit lower because of all that
points reduced in Mag to be able to add them to Str.

"Mom, I want to still have my cookies even after I eat them."

You're right in a sense. But faster channeling means you get to the casting faster, and for most skills, the casting is 1-2 seconds. On cleric anyway. So, I can easily get huge combos on a cleric just with -chan. Especially with -93%. But the con is cooldowns, on any class because some skills have outrageous CD time. Like, with what the skill does, and the power the CD should not be that long.

Mrai

This post is going to be a bit messy, as im going to get into extreme detail on casting, and how it is calculated through the client.

Casting is calculated differently, depending on the clients. In MY-EN, casting and channelling are both different, as channelling for my-en was the animation, and casting was the time it took to cast the skill. The client called for the casting string first, THEN the animation. Those who had -99%, could ignore the channelling phase entirely, resulting in insta-cast. the 1.3.6 client was also this way, but 1.4 changed this entirely. Instead, the 1.4 client calls for the casting animation FIRST, meaning the animation has to finish before casting in itself, is calculated. Yes, those times that it specifies are indeed animations, and yes, you cant skip them... but you can make them faster. Those casting stones also work for animation. When you get a stone of savant, it gives -3 channeling in official. Do you know why this is? It's because the stone gives -3 channeling AND casting. Which is the equivalent to -6 casting, on the old 1.3 clients. If you take a look at armor add-on ID's in the elements.data, you will see that id's 332, 333, 334, and 335 give -3, -6,-10,-15% CASTING, respectivly. Now you can look at ID's 441, 442, 443, and notice they give -3, -6, -10 CHANNELING, respectivly. If you use the casting addon's, you wont notice a single change in the speed of your skills, as this client calls for casting animation, then channeling. 1.4 changed this entirely, and merged the two speeds, just into channelling. Did you notice in 1.3 pwi, that your lofty armor had a -3 casting mod complect bonus? After 1.4 was released, it was changed to channeling. Casting in itself felt really slow in 1.4, because the animations were changed. Everyone is still casting at the same speed of 1.3, but it looks slower.

Heres a test. Make a wizard. Look at blade tempest (it has a super long CASTING time, 4 second channel time)

Cast this skill with no gear on. Notice it takes all 4 seconds to use the skill. Then equip all your gear, notice it can be casted in almost under 1 second. The casting requires 1.8, but you can do it faster. Use the skill"Essential Sutra". Notice it removes all channeling time. Cast blade tempest again, and notice u cast it under 1 second. Yet it calls for 1.8 seconds. This is because the client set a up on casting and channeling. 0.5 seconds is needed for ANY given skill to be casted. Even charged skills. Use emberstorm or take aim, and double tap the skill as fast as you can. Notice the skill requires more time to use, even with faster discharge of the skill.

Channeling of 1.4 = casting+channeling from 1.3. I dont know how to accurately, explain it, as i fear im already going to far in the details. Agatio could probably explain it better, as he has used the 1.4 client alot longer than i have.

Either way, your only partially right. I guess that also makes me partially wrong. Regardless, alot of the archer skills have a 0.6-0.8 casting time, which after 50% channeling, lowers them to 0.3-0.4. Because again, channeling also effects casting in this new client. Making it still possible to cast 2 skills in a single second.

I can log my friends archer ingame, and show you (as i built his archer as i described, which is how i discovered how OP it was, after i killed a barb in 3 shots before his charm even ticked.)

MageTank
Very nicely described. Easily understandable if you actually take the time to read it.
Also. Kudos for the knowledge, I always enjoy reading your posts MT. xD

Offline Sephiroth

• Mostly retired player.
  • Characters: Sephiroth 150 Seeker
  • Faction: NoHomo
im not saying your wrong about seekers, but a 150 seeker(dk if it was r8 or just the r8 wep) hit 80k on my 150 barb with mag stuff on. and in tiger form. idk what combo he did or stuff like that. but it was just him and his debuffs, he didnt even use the one that lowers att and def lvls. but still thats pretty damn high for a seeker to a barb i think :|

That was DeviCloud lol And yeah he used a particular combo he likes to get off in PvP. He got a zerkcrit on you with his 150 Dragon Longsword. He has been doing that a lot recently to people 70k+ crits and such.
Sephiroth 150 Sage Seeker
Many other 150 toons :/
---------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Far

• Sneaky
  • Light Speed
  • Characters: Far
I have played many classes with multi type builds, i still fine that sins can aps any class to death crazy or and melee class can one shot any mag class even with defense Levels. yet a magic class cannot 1 shot any melee class. there is still alot of unbalence issues that i think should be reviewed.

Another thing that i find upsetting is i understand the psy can refine weap but should still be allowed there soul skills to be sage or demon.  i mean thats like saying a bm barb or seeker cant have there dmg mastery.

the reason i made this post is a seeker 1 shot a psy with 35k hp and 25k p def ijs where is the balence?

classes are balanced already and a bm can out aps a sin anitime theyre fists have more aps then daggers
and r8 recraft dagger for sin have 1.25 atk rate wich is very low compared to normal daggers wich have 1.43 atk rate also my wizz 1 shoted a sin well point is
they are balanced enuf already if u got 1 shot means he had a good build and most certainly critted on you
now is all about builds some are good some are bad for pk sage/demon helps but they both same basically

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
Seeker - God of Frenzy on people onehits like a bytch.
I played on another server (which I think supposedly have lower chances for GoF to activate) and to see it here like this makes me think that it's a pretty good overturn. As on other servers, Seeker is a class of chance & luck without much skills required when you got luck (as a zerkcrit skill could litterly mean 30% hp gone on heavy classes) and, even with sick combos it wouldn't change the fact that their reliance to crit and zerk is overly high. Seekers who doesn't critzerk that much usually relies on 3rd spark (which makes this class 3x more bytchy and ironic than before); and with that theres no skill really behind it apart from maybe combos timing and the right skill to use at the right moment. (Pray for crits ftw)
im sorry but i CANNOT agree with that, as a seeker, i dont rely on zerkcrits, i actually fight in five stages.

Stage 1: Assault (Power)
Pretty much what it says. Basically, i roll in with my GoF dragonslayer (which is y i used dragon, not troll or giant), usually with Parchblade (or for runners i use northern sky and squareformation to lock them down permanantly). YES i DO have 65% crit chance + 20% GoF chance, but i dont RELY on crits. Instead, i have various tactics, first of all Quid is my best friend. Second, i can turn to metal damage or phys as i need, so i have the nessicary tools to be ready for most classes. Third, i can turn to a GODLY crit rate (yes, i CAN reach 85-95% chance at x2 damage peeps, and NO i wont tell you the combo. I figured it out on my own and im an idiot, if you cant i'm not even going to get started on that with you) Fourth, i can turn to mire and poison when my oppondent isnt debuffing. Since a seeker lacks their own debuffs (as three only affect mobs) they may often turn to genies when they have no debuffs to quid. Fifth, i can do feigns. I wont explain what moves and situations they are for, but basically they are "mindf***s" that i use to confuse or throw off my enemies. There are many more but i wont explain all.
Stage 2: Survival (Endurance)
Oh f***, my assault failed, or my enemy did some combo that is going to kill me. Whatever shall i do? Who will save me?? Ok enough sarcasm, here's the deal: Seeker are [wait for it kids] TANKS. Yup tanks, we can dd, but we best at tanking. And if shit goes down, i'll pop on my r8 wep for a nice 73 def lvl (81 with blessbox) soon to be 81 with 27 more warsong inscriptions lol. No my def lvl isnt perfect, and im no pro. But it's f***ing hard as hell to kill a seeker with 73 def lvl, AND the shield of chi stone in his wep (yes thats right my r8 wep can buff me where i take 20% less damage on top of my def lvls) who also likes to pop off blitz when things are bad to heal. When in Survival mode, i generally have duelists glee on, and pop off Arme Nier to disarm my oppondent when things look bad. It REEEEAAAALLLLY pisses people off when they cant use moves not to meantion you dont do crap to seekers without ur weapon on hehehehe..... Also, occult works as well on defence as it does offence *wink wink* and if all else fails, including last stand, i can spark for a heal, OR pop off heartseeker for a freeze and move away for a charm stall. Either way, this is all about surviving until i can figure out an attack pattern, or to wait until its safe to attack.
Stage 3: Recovery (Defence)
This is a nice one, and i find its a tactic many seekrs dont use. Recovery. Im not talking about healing, im talking about getting back on your feet after you failed an attack, or are clear to leave Survival mode. It involves switching between duel edges and R8. This is a tactic that involves hanging in defence to hold out until i can unleash a flurry of attacks (i switch from dragon cape to lunar during this to hit faster they are hotkeyed  ;P ) before switching back to def. This lets me recover chi without endagering myself. My edges ALSO have Blood Vengence, which heals and raises damage. So while im attacking to get chi, theres a good chance ill get a heal with an atk boost, which is a nice bonus. Usually in this stage, i try to make it seem im on the offensive, popping off moves and using combos, but they are for show, and have little to no power behind them. Once i am all set up, moves cooled down, genie full, chi maxed, i wil hang back a bit longer. When i feel im ready for another attack, i will switch to a new stage.
Stage 4: Rampage (Speed)
This is pretty much your basic aps tactic: duel edges, nothing else. Ok that was a lie lol. It's similar, however it has some very.... Unorthedox combos. First and foremost, Edged Blur. One of the go to moves of this stage VERY deadly, especially when vengence kicks in. I also have an obnoxious habit of popping off occult with annoying frequency. It's pretty much a style that has the best chance of pissing you off. I go speed demon on you, spam stuns, freezes, silences, etc, hit fast and hard and use several mind f***s. I also have more to it, but those are secret combos of mine, never sen others use them but they kick ass. If they start becoming comming knowledge, ill spill the beans. Overall, this stage is a high speed, highly annoying spam style where i switch hotkeys to dragonblade for GoF on certain moves or to take advantage of the atk boost and immediately switch back to edges to resume the attack. Berseker style if you will  xD
Stage 5: Samurai (Mixed)
No i did not say that for the cool name, it's just the only way i can explain this one. It's a highly diciplined Stage where i play defence until i finish studying my enemy. Generally uses R8 blade to start. Once i feel confident, i will lash out with various tactics and study each one. From there i fine tune each while playing defence while regaining chi as needed. These usually end up being LONG fights, over 10 minutes Most of the time, i ultimately find a way to kill my enemy in time, but it takes a while. It utilizes all four stages at the same time. Because of the arduous nature of this Stage, and the fact i have ADD, i rarely use it. When i do though, you can be sure im taking the fight very seriously. It differs from the other stages because it uses all of them at the same TIME. The other 4 are invidual stages i cycle through as needed in the fight. In samurai, there is no cycle. The only pattern is returning to defence after an attack. Its a style of precision, and pacience. It is FAR to complicated to go into each detail, besides this post is long enough as it is.

But yes, like i said i can not agree with that Kest. Some seekers may count on a GoF crit and triple sparks, but i do not. Only the noobs play the class the way you mentioned, the good seekers actually use strategy. Seekers are one of the most interesting classes with unique debuffs and playing styles, though they can also be limiting too as they lack many buffs and debuffs and tend to rely on quid for that. But they are not a class of luck unless the person using it is nub, they actually can require alot of skill to play right.
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine