Epic Perfect World

Seeker and Dual Edges

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
Something that has been on my mind lately is this: Replacing the +25 VIT stat on dual edges with +5 ATK Levels, why?
Well..If you consider that not EVERY seeker on this server is a 1 trick pony waiting for the metal combo cooldown, then repeating the same skill set over and over again praying for a zerk crit (like 99% of the seekers on this server do), then when you randomly 1 shot someone start thinking you're good, then this would come in your aid. Again, might ask yourself, why, maybe you will think something like "seekers don't need that, they are already OP enough, yesterday I've been 1 shotted by a seeker because I couldn't dodge the transfer or use Heart of Steel", not my fault if you do. Now some facts...My seeker hits a WB which is only using a mediocre DEF wep and full dragon set without any other Defensive type items for about ~1k, AND I get hit by the same WB for 4-5-6k's while being in full R8 gears, with NW cape and VIT tome (talking about pure damage here, no spark involved or any other damage aid) let's not mention the 3 spark occult 3.33 sins which hit for like 3-4k's when you really can't do anything but sit there and camp everything you can in order to survive, doesn't really look fair in my opinion, because ever since the Extreme Fury stone stat has been removed, seekers were in a gradual fall to being an useless class in both 1v1 and mass pk.
In the conclusion, stated the facts, gave you my opinion as a person which has been playing seeker as a main for about 3 years on this server, now it's about to the other player's opinions, and ultimately, the dev's opinion.
Flaming comments will not be taken into consideration, constructive criticism is appreciated as long as you have some facts to put next to it, if you don't then bye.
Last Edit: Mar 10, 2015, 05:10 am by Vermilion

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
This is a good idea tbh.
I'm basically 40

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
+1 although it will also boost wbs (ones with 0.15 wrist) in the process so you'll be no better off against them

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
+1 although it will also boost wbs (ones with 0.15 wrist) in the process so you'll be no better off against them
Yeah, I know, I wanted to suggest disabling dual edges for barbs, but then I'd have the whole barb comunity on me

Offline Maxime

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: InTake AiZoX Haste Faultless Prime
+1 good suggestion

Offline Codykins

• Very Big Noob
  • I play for fun not to have an ego :)
  • Characters: Adriel
  • Faction: Apollumi
+1 Sounds fair. they can always make the reshaped Dual Edges only for seeker leaving the unreshaped Dual Edges for everyone to use. Idk just an idea :c

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
+1 Sounds fair. they can always make the reshaped Dual Edges only for seeker leaving the unreshaped Dual Edges for everyone to use. Idk just an idea :c
Yeah, that would eliminate the boost that 0.15 WB's would get by replacing that stat.

Offline WorldsApart

• WorldsApart
  • You lost because you had me as your opponent. -Rob
  • Characters: WorldsApart
  • Faction: Ducks
You really have a point. +1 good suggestion.
:tiger-40: QUACK QUACK QUACK :tiger-40:

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran

Offline Grab

• Old Player
  • Characters: Praeludium / Pharisees
  • Faction: Warning
+1 and +bump for this good idea Andrei ;)
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2015, 06:00 am by Tonika

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
+1 and +bump for this good idea Andrea ;)
Andrei... It's Andrei

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
Good idea, I agree about changing to attack level same as it was done to Claws, perhaps bring back extreme fury ??  :police: :-* or something similar which doesn't amplify damage as high?
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
Bump again, waiting for some gm's answer or the dev himself, also other players opinions would be appreciated

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Seeker's dmg aint the problem, mostly WB's def perhaps?
Im still for the reducing of sin's r8 set by 5-10 atk lvls and adding 5-10 extra to chill of the deep (to keep dph as it is? or idc, remove from that too, dmg is high anyway)
and for WBs, remove some phy defence, add extra mdef
js, i get hit 2 mag orns, for a lot, like if u dont camp mag ring/def weapon u get shtted badly
increase magic defence for WB, decrease pdef
also for most melees is EP's pdef with vanguard sage buff, which is stupid as ***, most people get outplayed on ep ending up stunlocked and dd'ed for 3-4minutes and end up with shackle/mark of weakness in duel, and as a seeker no sht u can rlly do, lol.
and if this happens to get 5 atk lvls for edges, make it only for seekers, not for 5.00 WBs to use...i hit ppl 12k hits 5.00 dual edges..is stupid as fck