Epic Perfect World

Request GM explanation, thank you :)

Offline HateMeMore

Hello all who will read this,

I just recently started playing EpicPW, and I very much enjoy the game. Having reached 142 in a very short time, thanks to the experience from the live PWI server, I came across this very weird thing I noticed about PK. I was in Map 4 (Moonshade Desert) farming some mats for a 130 bow and p.def neck for the 140 gears I wanted, and I PK'd a white named cleric about 3 times total (twice I caught the cleric off-guard, the third time the cleric caught me with a almost lethal sleep combo. Thank god for a deaden nerve tick.), and I accumlated about 4 hrs of red name. After I had become red named I went back into west arch and started to make the gear, and when I pressed the C key to open my Character Information screen I noticed something...

My Physical and Magical Defenses had dropped by quite a large number. Originally before the 4 hours of red name I had a physical defense of 13k and a magical defense of 14k (in lvl 140 chest/pants/boots/wrists/wep all with +300 hp stones), and after I obtained the 4 hours of red name my physical and magical defenses have plumitted down to 8.8k physical defense (10.7k since I am now using a physical defense necklace instead of a magical one), and 9k magical defense (7.6k since I have switched to the physical necklace over the magical one). So I have wrote this today, to hopefully find out what in the world has occured to make my defenses plummit like such, having lost an original 4.2k (now 2.3k) physical defense and 5k (now 6.4k) magical defense.

Just curious as to the cause,

-HotBanana

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
did u check those stats after relogging ?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Please press B and check if you got all gear on its place, also if all gear is refined till +12 and fully sharded.

Offline Keiju

• wik ep.
using vit+15 or vit+20 stones adds a lot of mdef/pdef, also.
Ctrl+Alt+Elite.
>Wik paper ep,
>still kills Insanity.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
using vit+15 or vit+20 stones adds a lot of mdef/pdef, also.

Yes. At God's Giving NPC, tab "Enhance", bottom row.
Imbue them at Taylor or Blacksmith. If you imbue wrong
one use "Purify Equipment". It will remove Soulgems only,
won't remove refining, won't remove blue bonus stats.

For refining: same place, Dragon Orb Flame, use it to
get 100% success rate for refining. Buy 12 per gear piece.
Also get Mirage Celestones, 12 per armor or ornament piece,
24 per weapon. Refine at any town elder.

(Yes, you know it, but someone else will read this too.)
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline HateMeMore

did u check those stats after relogging ?

Yes this occured, at the present time, two (2) days ago. The stats have not adjusted back to what they were previously.

Agaito: All gear is equiped, refine to +12 with +300 HP stones in them.

Keiju: I know of how well those given m.def/p.def (having had them previously in my 130 gear), but I as when I first equiped all of the gear after I refined it to +12 on the 140 gear I stood at the p.def/m.def I listed in my first post. Only after getting red hours did the defenses drop to such a dismal display :X

geriatrix: I'm not new, but ty for the re-explanation of refining and imbueing xD

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
well i can ensure theres nothing wrong nor realted to the fact that you went red named.
this beeing sad i can think of a few things that might have happened, such as, buffs or debuffs since u were fighting; did you check for any shattered gear?; did you replace both necklace and belt at the same time? from elemental to physical?;

i'll think of another possibilities.

Offline HateMeMore

well i can ensure theres nothing wrong nor realted to the fact that you went red named.
this beeing sad i can think of a few things that might have happened, such as, buffs or debuffs since u were fighting; did you check for any shattered gear?; did you replace both necklace and belt at the same time? from elemental to physical?;

i'll think of another possibilities.

I only replaced the necklace to increase the physical defense while keeping the elemental belt for the magic defense. During the time I was PK'ing I only had self buffs so that isn't a variable :x
No Shattered Gear.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
thats whats wrong then lol
the ornament u replaced gives 2350 mdef...those are the numbers you are missing.

Offline HateMeMore

thats whats wrong then lol
the ornament u replaced gives 2350 mdef...those are the numbers you are missing.

But how would that explain the suddenly drop off in my p.def also?

I mean if I lost m.def for the p.def, that is w/e to me. Yet both of them dropped at just switching 1 single piece of gear, that makes no sense to me .-.

Offline HateMeMore

I believe I figured out what happened...It looks like what I might of seen where my defenses before I switched to my new gear which holds +300 stones, compared to my 130 gear which held +15 vit stones. Which caused the physical and magical defense drop from over 10k to below it.

It is about the only idea I have been able to come up with after looking at my defenses :X

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
I believe I figured out what happened...It looks like what I might of seen where my defenses before I switched to my new gear which holds +300 stones, compared to my 130 gear which held +15 vit stones. Which caused the physical and magical defense drop from over 10k to below it.

It is about the only idea I have been able to come up with after looking at my defenses :X
You got it. VIT adds both m.defense and p.defense. switching it out for HP will drop your defenses considerably.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian