Epic Perfect World

Something's been bothering me..

Offline tragedy

I only use laptops and I've never had a problem with this sort of issue before. I was wondering if anyone knew what's going on with my lappy.

My mousepad won't work with the keyboard. For instance, when I'm holding down 'W' to walk somewhere (in Epic PW for example), it won't let me use the mousepad to pan the camera around or zoom in and out. The left and right buttons work just fine, though. When I'm not using the keyboard, the mousepad works just fine. It's only when I hold down any key that the mousepad seems to stop working.

I've just noticed this problem about 2 weeks ago on my old laptop, but I JUST bought myself a new lappy like a week ago and it's happening on this new one, too. It's a constant problem now. No matter what game I play, no matter if I'm just using a web browser, it won't go away.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
The best (and only solution I know of) is to get a $15 USB mOuse at your nearest retailer. You will love the change. I only use a laptop and Believe me it makes a world of difference for such a small investment.
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline tragedy

I've had and been using an external wireless mouse for quite a while now, but I also just love using my mousepad. I always play on my bed and it's hard to use the wireless mouse on my covers and it won't work on the laptop because the laser doesn't like the surface of the laptop lol
- Albert Einstein

Offline crimsonrose

I just grab a small book or something flat and smooth when I'm on my bed and place the mouse on that. Wireless you can put it anywhere like the the side of your lab or if the laptop is big enough, on the laptop so you're very close to the keyboard with your other hand

Offline Nerlda

• Confidence born of ignorance
Go to control panel hardware mouse go to device settings then settings it will have bunch of options when the little cross on pointing press little cross on sensitivity then click on palm check and put that on minimum hope this works

Offline tragedy

Yea that's what I usually do, crimson, but I'd honestly rather just fix the mousepad instead of finding new ways to use the stupid wireless one =/

I already tried that, Nerlda. Good idea, but it didn't fix anything :(
- Albert Einstein

Offline lcrgt

Hi, I have the same issue and I think it is PW related coz i tried on 2 other private servers and get the same issue =/ anyway if you are running (holding w for instance) just tap a or d and then you should be able to move camera. Works for me anyway just a tiny little step to the side and it's all good. Hope this helps

Offline tragedy

I'm not sure how it could just be strictly PW-related since I've been having this issue on the web browser and other non-PW games. But I don't believe I've tried tapping other keys like you've explained, so I'll go ahead an try that next time I play something :)
- Albert Einstein