Epic Perfect World

Full Metal EP

Offline Death

• Old Player
Hello :^) I'm too much of a casual player/noob to test this build yet, so I'd like to hear your opinions: how would an EP compare to a psy or other mage dd with
-full int
-fully sharded with metal def stones (so elemental seal lowers the opponents metal def more) rather than vit
-combo would be something like UV, sleep, elemental seal, demon wield thunder (additional -30% mdef) and spam primal cyclone

Would the increase in damage be considerable? Puri wep or dragon glaive? Would the combo even work?

(I know clerics are supposed to be healers mostly, but I enjoy DDing on my cleric more than on my psychic. It just feels better, even if the cleric deals less damage.)

Offline Cody

• Characters: Chespin
  • Faction: Hypocrites
would work amazing!

www.hoguild.com
[12/26/2014 10:46:18 AM] Pedro: TW towers are affected by base structures

Offline Skazy

• Forum Veteran
  • Best EA/WF/PL/LEADER/PLAYER/HUSBAND
  • Characters: rtts
  • Faction: ★469★
would work amazing!
agreed

Offline Death

• Old Player
Do you mean you think it's so terrible it's not even worth considering or do you mean it does have some potential?  :-X I know the resulting EP would probably be a 1-shot and would only have a chance when attacking first, but still, I'm curious about this build.

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
I'd say it's really not worth it to play it serious, but could give it a try just for lols
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Fade

• Old Player
  • pic by furin
  • Characters: Stile Fade Faith
Uh first of all sage cleric with chant buff and solid attack level weapon would outdamage demon cleric in any scenario.

-fully sharded with metal def stones (so elemental seal lowers the opponents metal def more)
Take a look here: http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html because I see that you not quite understand how certain skills work. There's no other option than using +20vit stones.  Pdef stones would be a good option if you had +10vit or even +15vit, but +20vit is just too good.

Now lets compare the classes. I figure you're referring mostly to PvE.
Cleric is not as good as psychic or wizard in PvE due to lack of AoE skills, which is the main reason why the cleric will kill noticeably slower. However for single target like boss fights, cleric in Violet Dance should outdamage both wizard and psychic and their debuffs are valuable for whole squad.

Now lets compare the small scale PK (up to 6 people in squad). In my opinion this is where cleric shines. Their buff/debuff skill set is simply outstanding and having a cleric with good damage capabilities in squad will make a great difference. Having a psychic or wizard instead would not be as effective.

In a big scale PK your squad will expect you most likely to support them with purify and heals and keep buffed. However if there's one or two more clerics in squad you would find yourself wasting your potential, since there would be 2 other clerics healing, purifying and buffing same person. In such case switching to Violet Dance status would be a good option. But you don't want yourself DDing! Cleric DDing in mass PvP is horrible, it has too slow movement, is too squishy, has too slow chanting time, lacks of AoE skills and deals too low damage to buffed targets. What you wanna do is assist your squad leader in the air and spam all debuffs you have on his targets (mdef/pdef/crit/hp debuff, extreme poison and paralyze)

Offline Death

• Old Player
Uh first of all sage cleric with chant buff and solid attack level weapon would outdamage demon cleric in any scenario.
Take a look here: http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html because I see that you not quite understand how certain skills work. There's no other option than using +20vit stones.  Pdef stones would be a good option if you had +10vit or even +15vit, but +20vit is just too good.

Now lets compare the classes. I figure you're referring mostly to PvE.
Cleric is not as good as psychic or wizard in PvE due to lack of AoE skills, which is the main reason why the cleric will kill noticeably slower. However for single target like boss fights, cleric in Violet Dance should outdamage both wizard and psychic and their debuffs are valuable for whole squad.

Now lets compare the small scale PK (up to 6 people in squad). In my opinion this is where cleric shines. Their buff/debuff skill set is simply outstanding and having a cleric with good damage capabilities in squad will make a great difference. Having a psychic or wizard instead would not be as effective.

In a big scale PK your squad will expect you most likely to support them with purify and heals and keep buffed. However if there's one or two more clerics in squad you would find yourself wasting your potential, since there would be 2 other clerics healing, purifying and buffing same person. In such case switching to Violet Dance status would be a good option. But you don't want yourself DDing! Cleric DDing in mass PvP is horrible, it has too slow movement, is too squishy, has too slow chanting time, lacks of AoE skills and deals too low damage to buffed targets. What you wanna do is assist your squad leader in the air and spam all debuffs you have on his targets (mdef/pdef/crit/hp debuff, extreme poison and paralyze)
I still cannot see why is it that metal def sharding is not an option. Could you elaborate on that?
Edit: Just in case that's what you thought I had in mind, I don't want the extra metal defence for the sake of having more metal defence, it's for the sake of debuffing my enemy.
Last Edit: Feb 21, 2015, 01:38 pm by letkajenkka

Offline Death

• Old Player
Just in case anybody was interested, I did some testing on bat and earth spirits. With +vit AA gear i did about 87k damage on bats per shot and 79k on earth, with elemental seal 91k and ~84k respectively (not counting crits or mobs with status). After switching to +metal def gear... there was hardly any increase in damage with seal. It looks like the stones give too little additional metal def to make a considerable change (only adding a total of 6k to something like 34k...) [Did not try using demon wield thunder since the cleric is sage :p]

Maybe, just maybe +magic def stones would make a bit more sense on a HA cleric... but I guess +vit stones are usually the better option.

In an alternative universe EPW has stones that give like 1k metal def each...  :tiger-27:

Offline DoubleOseven

• Characters: DoubleOseven
  • Faction: In Your Heart!
hello , i have experience for DD EP. on my Ep i made it up 99 Attack Level (TRafalgar) and it hits around 15-18k damage on None Elemental Character ( specially SIN and EA ) and deals around 20-25k Crit Per hit and 30-35k crit when 3 spark some times 1 shot w/ spark for SIN (without Buffs) and EA , but its sage that's why its low , but when you try hell it gives more damage because of buffs . but many people will say you are noob because they think EP is for heal but the true is DD EP is good and best than Psy .

Offline LeiTo

• Old Player
  • Characters: LeiTo
  • Faction: Tyrants
but many people will say you are noob because they think EP is for heal but the true is DD EP is good and best than Psy .

Because no one know to play it.
And people don't realise the crazy amount of famous 1v1'er who tried this class as DD and failed. People keep say DD EP is easy and OP, nothing else than "rage opinion" tbh.

All the people saying than EP = heal and DD = noob, are just skilless cleric or random ***licker. This class can be both. DD cleric requiere alot more of timing and skills.

Pur support EP pretending being better than DD cleric are just some frustrated and skilless cleric, scared to broke their ego by doing some 1v1's between mass pk. Or they simply can't use with decent timing, 50% of their skills.

Play cleric as you want don't listen people, they are just some maddie.

I'm the only Playoff Champion of a class unplayable in 1v1, and for maddie i'm nothing else than a sh!t with a big mouth.

Just, enjoy.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
And people don't realise the crazy amount of famous 1v1'er who tried this class as DD and failed. People keep say DD EP is easy and OP, nothing else than "rage opinion" tbh.

All the people saying than EP = heal and DD = noob, are just skilless cleric or random ***licker. This class can be both. DD cleric requiere alot more of timing and skills.

Pur support EP pretending being better than DD cleric are just some frustrated and skilless cleric, scared to broke their ego by doing some 1v1's between mass pk. Or they simply can't use with decent timing, 50% of their skills.

I'm the only Playoff Champion of a class unplayable in 1v1, and for maddie i'm nothing else than a sh!t with a big mouth.

Just, enjoy.
Yes because camping purify and being lucky with procs or camping till duel counts as beating some1  :normal-2:
ep hard class guys
i feel like i'm dead

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence

Just, enjoy.
This is why I'm trying to join the playoffs as much as I can. I'm sick and tired of listening this nonsense that Clerics are supposed to heal and buff only. Of course it's one of their roles but they can also DD. Why for instance aren't mystics supposed to heal and only? Because to be honest they as well have some really overpowered healing skills. Is it because of their pets and the resemblance they bear to venos? I don't know... I just have to say that EPs are healers but they're DD players as well.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Actually, idk if a full magic gear would be good for a EP even if he want to go metal dmg, seems even full vit def EPs can do pro dmg, u just need to rely in spam, with spam i mean, SPAM mark of weakness+Aurora Burst, this combo actually work in everybody with luck, i mean, the enemy HP charm tick, but the heal go all for u, and he stay with low HP, if he move mark of weakness kill him, its not a hard gameplay.But i still can win most clerics cuz God.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Death

• Old Player
Thank you, guys, for your input. :smiley: I made some progress on my ep and I think I have a slightly better idea on how this class works than before. My observations are based purely on NW, TW and a bit of fighting on nightscream. Mass pk gets too laggy for me at times, so I didn't participate yet.

My ep is still too weak stat-wise to win any real fight, but its skills definitely make it a valuable support unit. Even a super weak cleric in UVD can temporarily disable a dangerous opponent, weaken other opponents, and take a chunk of hp of a stronger enemy with magical shackle (and maybe even get away). By 'super weak' I mean 'can't survive a few seconds without AD'. Tbh another aggressive cleric is literally the last character I'd like to meet on this weak cleric of mine. I can somehow survive encounters with sins, archers and others if my skills aren't on cooldown, I can run away when a veno turns me into a pet if I'm quick enough, but if a cleric SoGs me... and then his buddies come...

When I get more survivability I'll look into employing non-VD mode into my playstyle. Right now I'm often so quick to drop that there would be no time for me to cast healing skills anyway, so I'm always in UVD for auroras, shackle and primal cyclone. I thought about pre-casting IH, then VD and only then attacking, but that's pretty much a waste of chi atm. I also need to work out how to use plume shell correctly.

Generally, I guess I'll stick to being this kind of offensive support for now. Of course I will do my best as a healer if I'm told to be one.

Oh right, and now I can definitely see how retarded my idea of sharding with metal def stones was  :normal-47:

Offline Death

• Old Player
Actually, idk if a full magic gear would be good for a EP even if he want to go metal dmg, seems even full vit def EPs can do pro dmg, u just need to rely in spam, with spam i mean, SPAM mark of weakness+Aurora Burst, this combo actually work in everybody with luck, i mean, the enemy HP charm tick, but the heal go all for u, and he stay with low HP, if he move mark of weakness kill him, its not a hard gameplay.But i still can win most clerics cuz God.
I thought about restatting some magic points into vitality, but currently my main way of earning ecs is grinding shrine mobs, so yeah. I'll reconsider that in the future when I get better equipment. Your combo is pretty much what I'm doing when 'assist attacking', except I use shackle instead of mark of weakness since I don't have the latter yet.

By the way, is it true that MoW bypasses SoG?