Epic Perfect World

Keep Away Event Suggestion

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Before this event was modified in the old keep away I carried 2x flags till the last 10 seconds and lost them then, did I cry? 
This isn't the first time that a team who carried a flag lost it in the last few minutes, get over it

Offline Lynella

• Retired WF
  • Characters: xXFoxyXx
Before this event was modified in the old keep away I carried 2x flags till the last 10 seconds and lost them then, did I cry? 
This isn't the first time that a team who carried a flag lost it in the last few minutes, get over it

This is not about QQing about how we lost, its about making a good event better. If your not going to give suggestions of how to improve it then don't bother replying.

Yes this isnt the first time a team lost flag just before end, this happens a lot why I think there is a need to change the event in areas to make it better, e.g. if you carry a flag 10mins its not as bad to lose then carrying for 25+mins and losing.
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2015, 07:35 pm by Lynella

Offline shaterd

• Old Player
  • Characters: Idaron/Millennium
This is not about QQing about how we lost, its about making a good event better. If your not going to give suggestions of how to improve it then don't bother replying.

Yes this isnt the first time a team lost flag just before end, this happens a lot why I think there is a need to change the event in areas to make it better, e.g. if you carry a flag 10mins its not as bad to lose then carrying for 25+mins and losing.

Don't tank for 25mins and lose it the last 5mins

It's happened to me many times but luckily fmp was always there to back me up

About the rounds think I personally don't like it unless you plan on making the event time longer then it's something that could work

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
I actually liked the multi rounds, i don't mind testing that one.
then again we'll have only 3 rounds if a team won 2 then event over unless u make more rounds n extend the time n honestly i dont think anyone would like to chase someone for over 1hour just keep it the way it is  :police:

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
I personally agree with lyn and i heard from ET this event was made for showing tank skills too. So its true that winning cause u get flag in last minute shows nothing about how good u tank.
An idea to improve the points system lynella proposed and that ppl dont give up could be giving more points in the last minutes. So if for example the first 20minutes give 1point each min, the last 10could give 2 points each. Something like that to keep event interesting and still give points for tanking token. I know this is almost impossible to do since the game got no option for this but its a suggestion, maybe we can find a way to count points that way. I understand ppl saying its fine this way but if the idea of event is tanking, we should focus on giving points for that... I personally dont like the rounds suggestion cause tanking token for 10min is way easier then for 30 ( cause of cds).
Another idea that could be done is making 4 rounds though and every team starts with the token 1round. The team that keeps the token the longest, wins. Does the player with the token die, the round ends and the next team got the chance to tank it... That way also players that are not in arti (since ppl have been complaining) get the chance to tank token. Idk, just some ideas im having.
Rainbow squads are a must in my opinion btw.

Offline Lynella

• Retired WF
  • Characters: xXFoxyXx
I personally agree with lyn and i heard from ET this event was made for showing tank skills too. So its true that winning cause u get flag in last minute shows nothing about how good u tank.
An idea to improve the points system lynella proposed and that ppl dont give up could be giving more points in the last minutes. So if for example the first 20minutes give 1point each min, the last 10could give 2 points each. Something like that to keep event interesting and still give points for tanking token. I know this is almost impossible to do since the game got no option for this but its a suggestion, maybe we can find a way to count points that way. I understand ppl saying its fine this way but if the idea of event is tanking, we should focus on giving points for that... I personally dont like the rounds suggestion cause tanking token for 10min is way easier then for 30 ( cause of cds).
Another idea that could be done is making 4 rounds though and every team starts with the token 1round. The team that keeps the token the longest, wins. Does the player with the token die, the round ends and the next team got the chance to tank it... That way also players that are not in arti (since ppl have been complaining) get the chance to tank token. Idk, just some ideas im having.

I think color made some good points, and exactly the event is about tanking not stealing. I like the idea that every team has a token to tank with and when lose the round ends, there can be a time limit on this ofc or event could go on too long.

If we can maybe do a test event next week to try out the ideas and see if any works.

The event is great fun just want to make it a bit better.

Offline Ivan

• Ibun

You do have a point but in that case usually the team to pick up the flag first will win the round, so still no from me.

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
No, the idea was that when u lose the token your round is over and another team gets chance to tank it. Every team gets the chance once, no matter who picks up what, token could just disappear when its lost...
Another idea coming to my mind is doing that but every team starts with a token. Means every team tries to "destroy" the token from the other team, killing his owner. When token carrier is killed, the team lost and the last team with his token carrier up wins. The other squad memer just respawn when killed and go on fighting, just when (probably) the barb dies, they are out. Im afraid there will be too much team up und ganking then though, since thats needed if every team got a token :/. Just some ideas, think about them.

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
No, the idea was that when u lose the token your round is over and another team gets chance to tank it. Every team gets the chance once, no matter who picks up what, token could just disappear when its lost...
Another idea coming to my mind is doing that but every team starts with a token. Means every team tries to "destroy" the token from the other team, killing his owner. When token carrier is killed, the team lost and the last team with his token carrier up wins. The other squad memer just respawn when killed and go on fighting, just when (probably) the barb dies, they are out. Im afraid there will be too much team up und ganking then though, since thats needed if every team got a token :/. Just some ideas, think about them.

It makes the event far too complicated if you ask me. It works in theory but it would take a lot of effort to be applied in game

Offline Selethea

It's normal, the first team that picks the flag is going to tank ~20 minutes. Cuz you have everything at the start: pills, genie, skills. And tbh, we are the only team which is killing healers? Ofc, it will take time + when there is a sin jumping on you. When another team picks it, it's a bit harder for them, their team are not full-recovered, like the first team at the start. It happened many times to us, to Idaron, he tank'd first 10-20 minutes and then he just drop'd it, but we have managed to take the flag back and win it.
Or just do, who will reach the max point (10-15) first, 1 minute = 1 point, or 2 minutes = 1 point *shrugs*
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2015, 09:15 am by Fanchon

Sank you Sideris <3

Offline BritneyJean

• Lab's Sex Slave
  • BJ
Anyways, old keepaway event was better and made more sense given the name of the event. This one is just 1 person with the token running around for 15 minutes while the smarter teams just e-date till the last few minutes to steal the token and then ask their partner for their hand in marriage to make babies and laugh.

Another issue currently present, is "PING" when you have so many people spamming pickup after someone drops it, it's unfair to the people who lives far away from the game server or has slower internet and has much higher ping than those closer to it. Whereas in the old map, it didn't matter that much as it was literally a keep away event. Only a hand full of people or only a team or two perhaps would end up catching the person/team with the token(s) rather than every single participant.

#bringbackoldkeepawaymap.
Last Edit: Feb 16, 2015, 11:54 am by ☠EvilTouch☠

^Guess which one here is me ? :3

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Well this escalated fast...
So i cleaned it and lets continue the discussion, peacefully or heads will roll next time  :-\

As i said before adding a timer from what i know its impossible.
I could TRY and use my phone to keep taking notes of the times...but...as i mentioned is a lot of work not to mention the complains about favouritism and wateva else.
I can try this one if the 4 teams agree with it next FRIDAY, and see how it goes.

I would like to point out that the old Keep Away had a problem, people never fight -.- only grab token and hide, never fight, thats  not what we want.
I can tell you guys that i seen few times someone grabbing the token and simply hide for 27 minutes, no one came to find him, only fought among themselves.

I was thinking on something related to the rounds but was quickly brought down, i forgot about the cooldowns on stuff, thats why if someone picks the token and with a round of 10 minutes he won't drop it, specially a barb.
My idea was like 3 or 4 rounds with a winner each time, not 1 point per round, hope i clarified that now  :rolleyes:
But as i said its not really a good idea.
So the problem right now is the cooldowns, since someone can tank for 20 / 25 minutes and then everything is down ? How does cooldowns take so long? What cooldown is this ? never heard fo 25 minutes cooldown on any skill...potions are 2 minutes, maximum skills has is 5 minutes (thinking of awaken and cornered beast), can you guys tell me ? i do not know sorry.

About Colorblind's idea, the one with the 4 tokens, 1 token per team and the last standing team with the tokens wins, i must say the idea is nice BUT then u think of teaming up, which is alrdy hard for us to control, there is no way we can stop teaming up, so this means 2 or 3 teams would gank the other team.

What this event requires is simply teamwork, proper targets kill, proper cc, proper aa, etc...
You can't kill a barb thats beeing healed by a Cleric + Mystic, i think its impossible.
Last Edit: Feb 16, 2015, 12:21 pm by ☠EvilTouch☠

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
About the cds... Its true that the longest cd is 5minutes but what fanchon and i meant is probably something else. Because after the first token pick when boss dies it is easier to tank for while. Because u got full genie, no cd on pots, cb activated and (in my opinion a big +) your entire squad is there to assist you. So lets say probably every barb can tank first 5mins of event relatively easy. But when u pick up the token in middle of event you got probably antistun or genie on cd (used that to pick token), cb maybe still on cd and half of your squad is either dead and coming back or not ready to assist you, cause u always have to keep in mind their cds and pots etc., too.
So what i meant with all that is that if u do different rounds, the barb picking the flag first is able to tank it for 5mins usually. If the round lasts 10mins, its a big difference compared to 30min...
I guess u already thought of that, was just to explain what me and probably fanchon meant. I think 10-20min like she said is too much but for first 5mins its true...
Last Edit: Feb 16, 2015, 11:18 pm by Colorblind

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
I hope this idea is not too similar to ctf event. Would it be possible to create a token with a timer or that he transforms into something u cant drop after 5min? Cause then every 5min the person with the token would recieve 1token point, that disappeares or even better if it transforms to something u cant lose. So after those 5min inmediately another boss spawns in the mid to drop the next token. This would 1) help with the cd problem we got doing few rounds since its without a break 2) make token carrier keep more or less near middle so squad can go for boss as soon as old token is won and 3) give points for tanking token for a while. 5mins would be good time cause its enough time to kill carrier a few times and u can do up to 6points in those 30min.... Ik there is still the problem with stealing but i guess it wont matter too much since you got more chances to score. Also there will be pk until the end cause u can still get a score in last minute and it also gives the chance to make third, second and first place depending on the amount of tokens won. Idk if its possible but if it is i guess its worth trying...

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
Ik im being annoying guys, sorry for that, last idea for today. So if ET already agreed on testing the counting version with points/min i got another idea that is probably a bit more relaxing for him lol:
4 teams, as always. 4 spawns (south,north,west,east) im thinking of something like capture the flag NW map. So every team got a spawn, where they res after death... Next to each spawn or even at it there is an area, limited so every1 can see it. When it starts every team runs mid for the boss. The player that gets the token needs to bring it to the opposite "base", the limite area next to opposite spawn. So if the player is from south spawn, he needs to get to north spawn with it. From the moment on he is inside that area, ET can start counting seconds. Only if he enters area though. This will make short tankings, probably 1min max cause if support dies, they spawn on other side of map ofc... So when token is lost another player picks it and tries to carry it to their opposite base. Only rule would be not to sog carriers since thats not fair. Hope u got the idea more or less, could be a fun even, too. At the end ET would just need to add seconds tanked from teams in opposite bases. So teams that cant tank much would probably already die on their way there. Also the first team to pick token got a bit of advantage but not too much since cds will be burned fast that way.