Epic Perfect World

APS Barb - The Double Standard

infernchidhu

This is why rank 9 is an awesome set of gear, no such cheese builds are viable.
So the game gives you :

1) 44 genie energy for mini-invoke
2) 2 spark for near invulnerability
3) A stun which goes through anti stun
4) Perhaps the best defensive self buff of sorts in tiger form
5) 50% crit boost from a spammable skill which needs no chi

Please explain to me how APS barb is bad in 1v1 and is less "Noob" than a Spark wizzie.
I will enlighten you.
1) Genie:-
Undine + Genie spark( 62 ) : Soul of Fire ( 87 ) or Solid Shield ( 44 ).
Badge of Courage ( 75 ) : Occult Ice ( 80 ).
Expel (125) or Absolute Domain ( 135 ) or Wind Shield(30%block) ( 62 ) : Tangling Mire ( 48 ).

2) Kiting/ Catching:-
Mage kites 30 meters x 2 (Arcane defense + Leap while costing chi ) : Barb moves 9m/s in tiger form thats 3 secs to catch.

3) Disables/Removals/Blocks:-
Barb Mighty Swing : - : Absolute Domain[0 chi /Duration 4 secs "falldown" or 3 secs freeze / 5 sec cd /]
Occult Ice : BoC : Fortify, AD[ 80 energy/ Duration 6 secs/ 15 sec cd ]
Mage seize : - : Barb anti stun, AD.[ 2 sparks/ Duration 5 secs( ? )/ ? ]
FoW : - : Will Surge, AD.[ 0 chi/ duration 6 secs/18 sec ]

4) Debuffs:-
Undine : Devour/ Penetrate Armour
Cannot purge : Can purge

5) Chi making ability:-
Barbs are clearly greater in this aspect cuz aps + Beastial rage + barb buffs

6) Crit :-
23% for mage
40% from beastial onslaught alone( So around 70 or 80% overall)

I am sick of typing, barb is way better in 1v1, if you can switch to a mag defense set, a mage will stand no chance vs any barb, aps or otherwise.

If you are lazy to read essay
Last Edit: Feb 07, 2015, 02:38 am by Soochi

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

• Esra
  • *Dandelion*
This is why rank 9 is an awesome set of gear, no such cheese builds are viable.
So the game gives you :

1) 44 genie energy for mini-invoke
2) 2 spark for near invulnerability
3) A stun which goes through anti stun
4) Perhaps the best defensive self buff of sorts in tiger form
5) 50% crit boost from a spammable skill which needs no chi
I will enlighten you.
1) Genie:-
Undine + Genie spark( 62 ) : Soul of Fire ( 87 ) or Solid Shield ( 44 ).
Badge of Courage ( 75 ) : Occult Ice ( 80 ).
Expel (125) or Absolute Domain ( 135 ) or Wind Shield(30%block) ( 62 ) : Tangling Mire ( 48 ).

2) Kiting/ Catching:-
Mage kites 30 meters x 2 (Arcane defense + Leap while costing chi ) : Barb moves 9m/s in tiger form thats 3 secs to catch.

3) Disables/Removals/Blocks:-
Barb Mighty Swing : - : Absolute Domain[0 chi /Duration 4 secs "falldown" or 3 secs freeze / 5 sec cd /]
Occult Ice : BoC : Fortify, AD[ 80 energy/ Duration 6 secs/ 15 sec cd ]
Mage seize : - : Barb anti stun, AD.[ 2 sparks/ Duration 5 secs( ? )/ ? ]
FoW : - : Will Surge, AD.[ 0 chi/ duration 6 secs/18 sec ]

4) Debuffs:-
Undine : Devour/ Penetrate Armour
Cannot purge : Can purge

5) Chi making ability:-
Barbs are clearly greater in this aspect cuz aps + Beastial rage + barb buffs

6) Crit :-
23% for mage
40% from beastial onslaught alone( So around 70 or 80% overall)

I am sick of typing, barb is way better in 1v1, if you can switch to a mag defense set, a mage will stand no chance vs any barb, aps or otherwise.

If you are lazy to read essay
just some time i feel he is Robot =\
JUST sometime -.-

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
 :normal-9: how is aps barb that requires timing when to go dd and when to def/ stunlock/ invoke and all requiring less skill compared to a dph barb that stays  in full r8 (considering he has 20 str and 2% reduce mdef on every piece) he wont have a problem, switch 1 weapon and ring to mdef/pdef def and he can afk u? also
dph barb will also have more pdef due to no requirement of dex to wear claws
3spark barb + stack+ any skill can zerk for 40-50k w.o struggle in dph
while aps barb(meaning u go dragon) means u have to be close to target, really close, unlike dph
dph can just kill u in 2 skills randomly due to downluck
aps requires atleast to know when to hit, how to hit and keep urself close to the target in order to kill it that way

dph barb can zerk the lv 100 skill and just hiero target while aps will barely tick the target

i aint implying that barb is really hard to play
but aps is definitely harder than dph due to range, debuffs that slow ur aps, survability in aps set(which means dragon with claws (u cant cast skills c; )

DeadPolii

aps barb are good for fast killing but also very squishy,they tend to be more demon then sage barbs.However,dph barbs use to be more sage barbs and they are more tank and depends on their gear they can tank almost all classes and even kill some of them with high crit damage if they got the right gear and skills and less squishy of course...

thats how i see it

Offline REAVZZ

And how is the vid above relevant to discussion? :pig-43:
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

........IN GANK WE TRUST....

Offline Areashiii

• best player ever
  • Characters: Areashii
  • Faction: Artifex
that's a signature russian

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask

it's a signature..

Offline ᴘʜᴏɴᴋ

• Forum Veteran
  • "Aquellos que combaten a los demonios deben ser conscientes de los suyos..."
  • Characters: Twizzley
is also not bad at all

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
This thread though.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
In BarbvBarb DPH will never (or is unlikely to) win... When an APS barb boasts winning against a DPH barb, it's like a spider eating a trapped fly and boasting. It's retarded. I think that's the main reason most DPH/Vit barbs hate APS barbs. It is far more effective, easy to play yet difficult to BUILD, all based on luck. If you fight an unlucky barb, it'll probably call you a noob whatever the outcome.

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
Unless u got full str set like tickle aps barb is easier then dph... The damage u deal (specially on HA classes) can just not be compared. Dph barb is worse against any HA class, thats why its more difficult to play, cause it needs more combos to get the kill. Aps barbs will just rely on their chi they get and spark. As dph u will hardly kill HA classes without spark, dont get chi from aps though. As already said, in barb 1v1 dph got hardly a chance. True, u can get lucky zerk crits on LA and AA classes but honestly thats same as occult and drop one whole hp bar just from apsing those squishy gears.
Every1 is free to play as he likes but in 1v1 aps barb is just easier to play. Therefor they suck in any bigger pk. Its true that i have also seen some aps barbs doing great combos and showing skill but 90% of them just rely on spark and occult, sorry to say that.

Offline sies12

• Characters: Tickle_Jew
color is right on all but you don't need spark to kill heavy as dph just luck and timing lol
I've played both aps and dog and currently have two different barbs in the two builds. if we're talking 1v1 then aps beats dph in HA v HA. Every other fight depends on your ability to catch someone that kites, the proc rate of hammer and your survivability whether dph or aps. This post is kind of irrelevant since you can kill things in both builds and the build that is easier for you is dependant on your own personal preference. There are far more interesting things to discuss, like how stupid genie spark is..

Offline sies12

• Characters: Tickle_Jew
Lol mint :,)..., Genie spark will never be fixed now just like ancestral rage was never nerfed for dph barbs :,)...Only broken thing gms giving in to scripting 

Offline Deathpuddle

• Sin With A Mouth
  • It's like riding a bike or severe childhood trauma, you never really lose it.
  • Characters: Deadpool
  • Faction: Ass4Hire
color is right on all but you don't need spark to kill heavy as dph just luck and timing lol