Epic Perfect World

Gear from packs...

Offline Jeff_Lord

• Vida or Morte?
  • Characters: Jeff_Lord | Nimmanic | Jeff___Lord
  • Faction: Category5
mhm not easy to get money there at all ...
Characters

Jeff_Lord-psy-150 Demon
Jeff___Lord-Wiz-150 Demon
JeffLord-seeker-150 Demon
Hedleshorsmn-seeker-150 Demon
Yataghan-barb-150 Demon
Nimmanic-sin-150 Sage

(Making more and have lots more just to lazy to name all of them)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HefdhQ5MN6k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline icelace

I Agree: havin PACKS here would be a waste and not beneficial to anyone. It would cause all kinds of economy issues as it has on Regular  PWI. Why bring that type of trash here is beyond me..Personally I would rather farm my things..For those that are lazy n clueless bout their classes shouldn't bother being here and playin at all. TBH everyone should do some research on their classes and needs of that class before playin here. Yes, I say the option should remain if you wish to cash shop (DONATE) then that shall be their choice. Others that don't ,shouldn't have to  be forced into it. So again bringin the blasted pacs here would be a waste to everyone and the server. Now If myself wish to cash shop (DONATE) that again is my choice. I know from the experiences playin on PWI and seeing what PACS have done to it. It isn't fun to play there anymore.
Last Edit: Sept 16, 2012, 11:38 am by icelace

Offline metalheadvt

+ packs ruin server

Skylight said it best.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
PWI are selling packs to scam people. You never get anything by bying just one.
You have to buy a lot, and spend much more than it looks like at the beginning.

It works like "stupid" Vegas:
Spend $2k that you already have (in chunks of $20-30), to get $400
first prize and become "lucky winner". :)

(Vegas is not stupid at all. Stupid are people who do it there.)

Tokens are way to get things that you don't need here at all.

Good example are HYP stones: here you alread have very high XP rate,
much higher than you would have with HYPs.

Here you alredy have much better gear than Tokens can offer.

And if you want packs, go to already mentioned Vendetta, or few others.
Several people in game told me that they left few servers when those
started selling packs.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline .

I'm just going to say this, Packs easily ruin servers. This server is great how it is, and I really enjoy it not having the packs. If anyone was like me on normal server and drained money into packs it's not fun. Agatio is doing a great job with not bringing packs into this server. There are other alternatives, which can involve something like packs. But other than that, Gear is easily farm-able on this server. 130-140-145 - 140 demonic - 150 dragon.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
I forgot all about DoT's and JoSD's. I suppose that would ruin the server pretty quick the way it is set up. So I your points. Maybe we could could a custom Agatio-made pack-like "goody bag" in the event forge with random awesomeness to satisfy those of us in the click-to-squeal crowd.

P.S. I really don't understand the vitriol spewed by some of these people commenting. Enjoying opening packs is much the same as enjoying gambling. It does NOT make me lazy, it does NOT mean I don't know how to play my class. It does NOT mean I can't be bothered to farm. Saying such is just hateful ignorance, as there is no valid logic to support such claims. I simply had an idea and explicated it, no need to lose your cookies over it.
Last Edit: Sept 16, 2012, 03:31 pm by sovtek37
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline metalheadvt

I forgot all about DoT's and JoSD's. I suppose that would ruin the server pretty quick the way it is set up. So I your points. Maybe we could could a custom Agatio-made pack-like "goody bag" in the event forge with random awesomeness to satisfy those of us in the click-to-squeal crowd.

P.S. I really don't understand the vitriol spewed by some of these people commenting. Enjoying opening packs is much the same as enjoying gambling. It does NOT make me lazy, it does NOT mean I don't know how to play my class. It does NOT mean I can't be bothered to farm. Saying such is just hateful ignorance, as there is no valid logic to support such claims. I simply had an idea and explicated it, no need to lose your cookies over it.

Go to Archosaur server and you will understand what was actually meant by those comments.  One thing that you will find is an over abundance of extremely well geared players that are clueless when it comes to playing their class.  As for the so called hateful ignorance it is funny how you are so willing and quick to cast judgement upon someone and their claims, without even bothering to seek an explanation of what they are referring to.  That to many will show that you your self are truly ignorant,and as they say Ignorance is a bliss.

Offline lcrgt

Yeah the packs are a gamble and useless on here but hey i did it on another server just to see what i could get the items were completely useless yes but it was the fun of seeing what i could get from the packs that i could never even think about doing on pwi. pointless items and stuff yes but i did it for the fun of seeing what random useless items i could get that i would never get on official game. does it mean i can't play my class?umm no coz it has nothing to do with what class i play its me as a person. do i have a gambling problem? depends how you see it,  but oh well if you think i have a problem then ok but then its my problem not yours.

As for Agatio packs well yeah ok but what could you get in them? that would be a sure fire way to make cash shopping the only way to continue server unless again it contained things which were readily available in game or items which were purely cosmetic.

Offline Jeff_Lord

• Vida or Morte?
  • Characters: Jeff_Lord | Nimmanic | Jeff___Lord
  • Faction: Category5
i hate gambling XD
Characters

Jeff_Lord-psy-150 Demon
Jeff___Lord-Wiz-150 Demon
JeffLord-seeker-150 Demon
Hedleshorsmn-seeker-150 Demon
Yataghan-barb-150 Demon
Nimmanic-sin-150 Sage

(Making more and have lots more just to lazy to name all of them)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HefdhQ5MN6k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline Cortimi

• Demon

Go to Archosaur server and you will understand what was actually meant by those comments.  One thing that you will find is an over abundance of extremely well geared players that are clueless when it comes to playing their class.  As for the so called hateful ignorance it is funny how you are so willing and quick to cast judgement upon someone and their claims, without even bothering to seek an explanation of what they are referring to.  That to many will show that you your self are truly ignorant,and as they say Ignorance is a bliss.

I came from Dreamweaver dude, where the "average" cat have $30k in the game. But hey, I'm ignorant, what do I know right? I mean hey, all of us "ignorant" players just up and one day decide to play a private server without ever playing an official server right? Wow, I am sooooo stupid, I wish I had a clue. Thank you SO much for enlightening me about what a fool I am. Now kindly hush.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker

Offline Nerlda

• Confidence born of ignorance
We kinda do have packs here, The moria chest for 2 gold,you have 21% to get a moria skill book, that you can sell for 200 ec if you lucky, but you will most likely get revelation potion that are worth junk

Offline metalheadvt

I came from Dreamweaver dude, where the "average" cat have $30k in the game. But hey, I'm ignorant, what do I know right? I mean hey, all of us "ignorant" players just up and one day decide to play a private server without ever playing an official server right? Wow, I am sooooo stupid, I wish I had a clue. Thank you SO much for enlightening me about what a fool I am. Now kindly hush.

Good for you for coming from Dreamweaver, and i find hard to believe with just your word that the average person on that server has spent 30k on the game.  A handful of the endgame geared players yes but the  average player doubtful.  If your going try and pass off facts you should really have the info to back it up, but you don't have the info to back up what you said do you..  I see you must not be use to having someone give a contradictory view to something you say.  As for what i said earlier your the one acting ignorant.  Now your trying to use it as a blanket description for everyone, instead of facing the music that you got called out. Now grow up, get off your high horse ,unbunch your panties , and accept the fact that their are people out there who don't share your point of view. 

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Good for you for coming from Dreamweaver, and i find hard to believe with just your word that the average person on that server has spent 30k on the game.  A handful of the endgame geared players yes but the  average player doubtful.  If your going try and pass off facts you should really have the info to back it up, but you don't have the info to back up what you said do you..  I see you must not be use to having someone give a contradictory view to something you say.  As for what i said earlier your the one acting ignorant.  Now your trying to use it as a blanket description for everyone, instead of facing the music that you got called out. Now grow up, get off your high horse ,unbunch your panties , and accept the fact that their are people out there who don't share your point of view.
Listen troll, I put the word "average" in "quotations". The "average" player in TW and PK, which is what 90% of the "active" population server was, was like that. Just stop typing and arguing. And all of this is completely beside the point, as you initially were arguing against an idea I had about packs, so you go off railing against everything I say. Hell, I could say the sky is blue, and you would try to be a semantic little shit and bring up the colorblind. You don't agree with me, fine. Trying to make yourself sound smart is just making you sound like an asshole. I'm done wasting keystrokes on you.
Last Edit: Sept 16, 2012, 07:27 pm by sovtek37
Cortimi - Demon Seeker

Offline metalheadvt

Listen troll, I put the word "average" in "quotations". The "average" player in TW and PK, which is what 90% of the "active" population server was, was like that. Just stop typing and arguing. And all of this is completely beside the point, as you initially were arguing against an idea I had about packs, so you go off railing against everything I say. Hell, I could say the sky is blue, and you would try to be a semantic little shit and bring up the colorblind. You don't agree with me, fine. Trying to make yourself sound smart is just making you sound like an asshole. I'm done wasting keystrokes on you.

Really i am a troll when i posted my view on the topic and you decided to quote me and imply that i was doing so with out any reguard to prior posts.  Once again stop throwing out random numbers and trying to pass it off as fact. Now look at you resorting to using colorful language, and blind accusations in your retort, which their is no need for.. That right there proves my prior statement on how your not use to people having a contradictory view and berate them for being different instead of first getting an explanation of what they are referring to.  Normally when one asks questions then shoots they get a different result, than someone who shoots first and asks questions later.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Really i am a troll when i posted my view on the topic and you decided to quote me and imply that i was doing so with out any reguard to prior posts.  Once again stop throwing out random numbers and trying to pass it off as fact. Now look at you resorting to using colorful language, and blind accusations in your retort, which their is no need for.. That right there proves my prior statement on how your not use to people having a contradictory view and berate them for being different instead of first getting an explanation of what they are referring to.  Normally when one asks questions then shoots they get a different result, than someone who shoots first and asks questions later.
Feel better?

P.S. Sky is blue.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker