Epic Perfect World

1.4.4 files yes or no

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Agatio announced he has the files but he will have to test them before implementing them. He wants our opinions on the pro's and con's of the files and why you thing he should or shouldn't add them. Please keep comments professional and FFS don't troll your fellow gamers for their opinions just because you do not agree.

Ill begin by saying, I haven't had much experience with the new files, therefore from a pvp aspect I cannot comment. From a pve aspect my opinion is invalid cause 1.4.4 has NOTHING to do with pve, both classes were designed for more interesting pvp. Also in my opinion and from what I have heard from others, tideborn are extremely OP and should be balanced to not be. I guarantee you though aga, you implement 1.4.4 this will become a sin server therefore my suggestion is if you can null out the tideborn and just release the rest of the files.
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Taku

• Just a kitty
  • Bro, it's obvious.
Well, I'm going to just give my general opinion on a few things. Agatio said he was going to do a separate server, but in any case.

Tideborn are in fact pretty damn OP. Psychics get soulforce based on their level and refines. This soulforce is used with a lot of their skills. As can be seen on PWI, a Psychic with high level and refine can make you one shot yourself, or seal you every time you attack. Or you know, stun you for an absurd amount of time.

Sins I am not so much worried about due to how much Psychics benefit from what I mentioned. They can be a force to reckon with though, but I'd see them as mostly being the farming class.

Seekers could end up being more deadly than even BM's if under the right circumstances, and I've seen Mystics one-shot people on other servers.

- - -
I do agree with putting them on a separate server, but I'd like to see things from 1.4.4 implemented such as the buff filter. I'm not sure how much it will hurt people trying to kill off Clerics, but that's a wait and see. Some basic fixes around the server would be nice too, if they are causing an issue.

Genies I am on the fence about adding, I don't think some classes really need Genies considering if they were put on the current server, you could make as many as you wanted and keep going until getting the LP you wanted. And if the number of skills is based on LP, you can create one deadly Genie.

The girl in me really wants to see hair/fash fixes :3 I hate the transparency issues.

TL;DR
Classes on a more balanced server, yes. Minor things on current server from, 1.4.4 yes.
Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012, 09:18 pm by Taku

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
As I said, I'm not going to change the current server, I am considering opening new one, and I will try to customize it in a way, that can't be found anywhere else, to bring players from other 1.4.4 servers.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Pros:
New classes, more choices to pick
Genies
Auto-path
More dungeons
Trials for guilds
OP skill for venos (kills immune to damage mobs) mwahahaha  ;D
And etc,etc. everything that came new

Cons:
sins:
if not the newest version, they can pull catas in stealth,
Tidal protection
Stealthing at level 140+ makes them invincible in forest ruins
psychics:
OP attack and defense when armors ++ and sharded
Soul of stunning, retaliation, vengeance (replaces veno's bramble QQ and it works in main map in pvp)
seekers:
afk grind (vortex)
both magic and physical attacks with high hp and defense
mystics:
2 spark skill Thicket that deals OP damage
well, everything other is pretty much ok

Lot of other stuff on official and other 1.4.4 servers, but only those ^ would be kept on our server is my guess.

P.S: How much u paid for 1.4.4 files agatio? =D

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Rompur

really nice :) looking forward to see this server! i hope its not going to be pay2win server :)

as already have mentioned Psychics can be really OP with +12 gears..15 sec stunning, constant sealing, so soulforce has to reduce.

one thing i like alot..bm's cant anymore glitch on.

in my opinion would be nice to see server with max refines +10 or less, cos i think +12 break the game

Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012, 08:09 am by Rompur

Offline pronoob

If u release a 1.4.4 the level cap would need to be a lower due to stealth and soulforce

Offline nkv1

Generally speaking
Bad features
Hate most of new Classes
  • Assassin are like invisible BM that stun and kill you + they teleport to you, favorite prey Barb, BM, Wiz. As I say favorite pray i mean making life hard for these characters to play. Lending a first blow on assassin is almost impossible.
  • Psychics have soul of vengance, so pure wizards cant beat them favorite prey wizard cleric and venomancers
  • Seekers i do not have any dirt on, heard they can be like 2. tank.
  • Mystics are a different story combination of 1. and 3. skill makes 3. skill do double damage like a critical that you do whenever you want it, as they do bigger damage then wizards.
Do not know if u have noticed but original put out new classes to slowly replace old classes and make some balance that way.

Genies
Who needs it. U have a few sec of a effect, not really something to remember or miss.

Good features
Right click send to sell box, or to buy box.
Auto-Path
Skills 79 and 100 which i miss most. Are they enough for wizard to win against new classes?

As closure let me say a big fat NOto changing this server if you make a new one should be OK. Good luck balancing it out you will need it.
Way better now than on original excluding the fact that we start at 110 level.
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012, 11:09 am by nkv1
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus
I vote YES. Why? Because i want to try the new classes without going to PWI and donate a shitload of money to level up.
To the QQ-ers: don't want to be PK-ed? Switch to blue name.
To the ones complaining about new classes being stronger than old classes : no, i don't believe that! I've seen what an archer can do if he/she has good armor/weapon(s).
How about we just TRY it? No one forces anyone to make assassin, psychic or seeker character.

Offline Rompur

even the thread about that stuff in ragezone got deleted  ;D and agreed with elly
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012, 05:23 pm by Rompur

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Umm ive been on Lionsden PW and I didnt see any 1.4.4 files I saw 1.3.6, second the server your running are files given to "friends from official servers and then give to some who gave them to someone who gave them to someone who gave them to someone. So to sit here and cry about a someone stealing stolen goods is ludicrous. In fact I find it hilarious that anyone would "claim" these files came from their server.

Anyways, Id like to thank everyone for their opinions on the issue, Agatio is putting them on another server "maybe" in the future so we are safe from the onslaught of tideborn and earthguard :)

Offline nkv1

In the end we get or do not get new files?
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Agatio replied early on in the thread stating he would NOT be putting the new classes on this server although, certain features will be added from them.

Are we getting the full package: NO
Are we getting other stuff: MOST LIKELY

Offline Soul

Sins - Not OP at all what so ever.  The genies balance things.  The only thing the sins may be able to kill with fury and popping out of hide would be squishies.  VERY squishies.

Psys - make their gear only go to grade 9 yet have good defences and more hp added to armors that way even if they +12 due to the grade of their gear soulforce wont become OP.

Seekers - BM's are still better.  These characters are decent all around and can be somewhat close to tanks yet with slightly more damage and slightly less hp.

Mystics - Not as good as venos nor MG's.  Sort of like a hybrid.

Nothing is OP if you know to play your class and use genies.  You can make your character immune to seal and what not or pop yourself out of it.  Genies are the balancing factor and that is the main reason they were implemented into the game.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Please stay on the topic

Offline nkv1

I hope genie cubes will be added at gods giving.