Epic Perfect World

Mystic questions

Offline xNar

• Who even bothers reading this part, no?
  • Characters: Panduhurr
  • Faction: Dragonfly
Well, to start off, I have already tried my best at searching the forum, spent like 2-3 hours  :-X but it the stuff I see are a bit complicated.

It's been a LONG time since I've played PWI, stopped when TB was released so decided to play again, on a private server that is.

Well, the thing is, I wanted to make a mystic but is confused on quite a few things, like:
1. How much vit do I need?
2. I've been reading a lot about what culti to choose and is torn in between, any further inputs on this?

I just need a few inputs as I am still trying to get the feel of the game again. Please be easy on me  ^-^
Cast your stones, cast your judgement, you don't make me who I am.

scatterer3

Hello and welcome to EPW!

Since the only useful shards for your armor are vitality +20 stones, I'd say focus on magic. You'll have enough HP without a single point on vitality.

And about the cultivation, read the answers on this topic: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=8607.msg114622#msg114622, they are quite interesting and true.

Offline xNar

Thanks!

Yeah I've read thay earlier, guess it always come's to the part if I want to live longer or zap ppl faster. Guess I'd want to live a bit longer.

Btw, since I just saw these mystics do they only have 1 weapon of choice? I just find it a bit weird looking on a male toon

scatterer3

Thanks!

Yeah I've read thay earlier, guess it always come's to the part if I want to live longer or zap ppl faster. Guess I'd want to live a bit longer.

Btw, since I just saw these mystics do they only have 1 weapon of choice? I just find it a bit weird looking on a male toon

You can always buy a weapon skin from the boutique for 30 Gold :P

Offline xNar

You can always buy a weapon skin from the boutique for 30 Gold
Oh yeah just noticed that now. By the way can you please give me a bit of insight about the server? Like things to do first? Im like a lost kid running around archosaur right now lol

Offline Droopeh

You need 0 vit. Unfortunately, you can only go down to 3 :P

First thing you want to do is vote on the site. Use the voting gold to buy some 10 mil big notes and go ahead and learn your skills. After that, level up in areas of your choice. You can go to OHT which provides relatively good experience, or the more popular Phoenix Valley. Or you can just do the crazy stone quest from gods giving which should get you to lvl 120 in no time (literally). Farm up a bit more in OHT/PV and get to around lvl 126~ before you start farming for arena gear. Arena gear will be very useful from now on. You need it to craft primal gear (you also need FC mats and some drops from heaven and hell for this) and then later nirvana gear. At this level, you can start doing regular fc runs with people for exp if you want some diversity from the usual phoenix valley. At lvl 140 you can either use voting gold to buy demonic gear or use the primal gear. Ideally, you should get demonic at lvl 140 and then Nirvana at lvl 145, proceeding to dragon at 150 and then finally ending with r8r (first recast of r8). However, you can just as easily use demonic from lvl 140-150 since the difference between nirvana and demonic is negligible. If it wasn't apparent till now, you need demonic gear and some warsong crystals to acquire dragon gear.

I'm not sure when exactly morai was introduced, but there are two new worlds for you to explore. So far, you know the overworld, Old Heavens Tear, Heaven and Hell. The next step would probably be morai. By joining an order in morai, you can do quests daily to get enough influence and prestige to get very important items, like reputation jades (help with getting r8) and powerful skills. As a mystic, invigorate is a CRUCIAL skill to get very early on, as it makes killing monsters so much easier. Verdant blessing is also helpful, as it increases the potency of your healing spells. Mass Resurrection is mostly a usability improvement, so you can save that for later. Gaia's blessing is probably the strongest AoE healing spell after the cleric's blue bubble.

You can also visit the primal world early by doing a quest line starting with the quest "summer re-awakened" and then talking to the same npc that takes you to old heavens tear. Here, you may do various quests that give you old book pages and primordial blood which is needed to learn more powerful versions of your skills and/or merge two skills together in to a more potent one. To acquire said skills, you first must complete a series of quests to get the proper arcane sky and mirage sky levels. Here on epw we just cheat and use pills which can be bought from god's giving =D

Either way, one of the quickest and most important skills you can get from the primal world is the upgraded version of swirling mist. It becomes a DEADLY AoE which together with gale force makes quick work of monsters.

Before you start doing large pulls in Phoenix Valley, you will need to get the lvl 100 skills which can be made from chrono pages and mysterious ink. Ink is bought from merchants while the pages can be acquired from the boutique. Truthfully, between Lucky Break, Verdant Soul Dance (I think it was called something like this, anyways) and Weeping breeze dance the only one that's super useful is lucky break. It lets your next spell be a critical hit which is your main method of killing large groups of monsters. Demonic/Sage spark eruption>Lucky Break> PRIMAL swirling mist> gale force should kill most monsters. Weeping breeze dance is a nuke spell and it's the most powerful single target damage spell you have if you don't count absorb soul. Later on, in primal world, you can merge the two dances and get a potent damage skill called Storm dance which also reduces the target's maximum health and has a chance to reduce the channeling time on your absorb soul which makes for some sweet combos. The defensive dance skill is a strong heal but only slightly stronger than your basic heal, break in the clouds and with a 10 second cooldown so you never really use it anyway.

Personally, I went sage and never regretted it :)

Offline xNar

Oh wow thanks a lot! By the way, would you suggest I try to level up til 120ish first then farm arena gear or should I get those skills asap?

Also should I start the cultivation asap?

Offline Droopeh

Just do the crazy stone quest from gods giving, it'll get you to 118 I think. Arena gear is for lvl 130, so it's your choice when to start farming the materials. I'd personally start at 125~ or so.

If you want to level quickly and efficiently, getting the morai skill Invigorate and the Primal version of the skill swirling mist is more or less a necessity.

Yeah, you should straight out do your cultivation quests. It doesn't take long at all, and after you finish the lvl 89 quest you get the third demon/sage fairy as a reward. If you click the fairy, it will instantly bring your cultivation to celestial demon/sage and you can disregard the rest of the cultivation quests.

Oh btw, after you do your cultivation you can buy mysterious pages or something from gods giving and then make them in to skill book packs at the boutique agent which give you a random skill book. You can get most skills this way and save yourself some gold. If sage, I'd recommend getting the sage version of nature's vengeance asap since it gives you so much chi you can almost keep up your triple spark permanent vs bosses with high hp. Both versions of Break in the Clouds also increase the strength of the heal by a decent amount so that will probably be a priority as well.

Offline xNar

I see! Wow thanks a lot, I'll do just that! I appreciate this help a lot. By the way if ever you see me in game come say Hi my IGN is Sizio, dont worry I wont ask for any items and such lol