Epic Perfect World

Class limitation for 1v1 Playoffs

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I'm not here to complain, merely state a fact of the matter that discourages many players from partaking in the daily 1v1 tournaments, and something I have personally witnessed over the past few weeks that I believe should be changed.

What I would like to see is Class Limitation for 1v1 Events

For an array of events on Epic dealing with PvP, there is class limitations to bring an overall feeling of "fairness" to the playing field. Such as "rainbow squads" for 2v2's so that there isn't two of the same class making things unfair depending on the circumstances.. Two sin's in a 2v2 would make things difficult say, for a team with a cleric and an archer. The rule against the "two of the same class" makes things fair.

What I don't see is this same treatment towards the 1v1 event's hosted nightly (in my timezone) by the GM's.

Over the past month or two I've partook in the 1v1 tournaments every other day on a few different characters, the way it works is as listed
The first 16 players that PM the GM get into the 1v1 event" .. That's it.

From my observations  I've seen that the large majority of the players who are ported in are Assassins, or Werefoxes, with the exception of the few times I've seen very low numbers of these classes. OK? So whats the big deal about having so many of the same class in the event?

As follows;
1) A severe lack of diversity. If out of the 16 players there are 11 assassins, and 5 other random classes that means that by odds most of the fights are going to be against players of the same class. Some  people appreciate this, others such as me don't and find this seriously a bore. Seeing two APS-styled assassins whacking at each other over and over, praying  for the lucky crit or proc that lands them the win is purely boring. Of course its a matter of opinion, but wheres the spice in the fight when they're almost all the same?

2) Unfair advantages on other classes. Although a controversial debate at the least, there is multitudes of reasons why I could say this. I'll use a common example many people who play physical-attack classes can relate to.
Funny how any kind of heals are limited but sparks and absorb soul as the most broken skill in this game are not.

Also, IG not allowed but Feral Concentration with the very same effect is?

Very questionable.  ;)
a quote from a fellow player

Venomancers have the skill Feral Concentration which last's 10 seconds, having the same affect as Irongaurd Powders  (12 second immunity however stunning the player while in use)

While IG's are not allowed in the 1v1 event, venomancers can use the following combination of factors within rapid succession.
Absolute Domain (5 Seconds) → Sutra Power Orb → (6 seconds) → Feral concentration (10 seconds) of immunity. That's 21 seconds of pure immunity from all damage, no other class in the entire game can do this, however it isn't against the rules due to utilization of a skill. There are rules against potions that grant the same affect in essence, but a class can utilize this skill and have almost double the allotted time of immunity? That is a completely different debate, but its something to think about. Now say that there is 6 venomancers , 5 assassins and the rest are a combination of barbs, archers, and seekers.  The venomancers have the utmost advantage in these fights (assuming that they are playing their class to its full potential)
With 21 seconds of immunity time, 2-3 stackable bramble affect's, an assassin even with sutra orbs, absolute domain, and 3.33 APS could still lose because they're forced to facetank raw damage from a combination of attack's/immunities/reflects. I know that there is the entire "Skill of player" argument, but I'm speaking very vaguely and in general without any discrimination whatsoever.

..And my final point

3) Sometimes you just know you're going to lose. Although opinionated and very "player skill based" if such a thing exists, if you're ported into the 1v1 event on the occasion that there may be 14 assassins and you're a wizard that might not have double -channel on your gear, there's a pretty big chance you won't beat the 14 sage-tidal protection assassins that only need to use one skill on you (elimination) for you to die. Also tying into diversity.

In conclusion my friends. I know that the "1v1 tournament" is something that people go to, to compete against one another and claim the glory of the "Champion Title" and just purely kill eachother. However, I think that (like other PvP based events) the entire "The first 16 PM's Gets invited" is an element that needs reworked. There's a multitude of factors I haven't even touched basis on, and if you're wanting to post them below you may, at the end of the day Epic is a server for fun & I think that the rules for the event should be more class-specific giving everyone a chance to prove themselves other than the speed of your "enter" on the keyboard.

When you're an archer paired up against 12 assassin's, APS and DPH alike in a 1v1 event, you know your luck has run out.
Last Edit: Jan 09, 2015, 09:33 am by Chivalry

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Always hatin' on them Venomancers, eh?

Aside from that, you have made some valid points. I do agree that the argument over lack of diversity needs to be worked out.

+1

Offline Atkala

• Forum Veteran
  • I am too nice for this shit.
  • Characters: Aisy
Ban all venos from playoffs!  >:D Assassins cant win them  :))

Offline C

• ☾⋆

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)

^-^ I wouldn't do that far, but the 21 seconds of immunity does make it a challenge at times

Offline Atkala

• Forum Veteran
  • I am too nice for this shit.
  • Characters: Aisy
Not agree that in playoffs must be class limit.

Ppls go to playoffs with class they feel free. And sins are one of the best class for 1v1.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
Class limiting is something ridiculous in my opinion, instead of limiting those classes, change the rules regarding those classes. And here's my point, been going to 1v1 events for a long time and I can say that the way they are now, events are just 1h of your life wasted when every fight ends in a duel(because there's a trend of camping Def items until the duel)  or stalling. Even if you do get in the finals, probability is you're just going to lose to some brain dead class that doesn't require more than 3 spark and occult/stealth (yes, remove it), or a class revolving around 1 combo and an unlimited number of sog's(you know the class I am talking about and the players). Either way, IF you do survive until the duel, nothing changes, stalling, camping, 3 sparking, unlimited sog's, they are all still there, which is utterly ridiculous. On the other hand this could've been avoided long ago if the gm's hosting those events wouldn't have their eyes up their asses(had to say it, may seem harsh but it's just the way it is). Whenever players try to suggest what could be improved, we get answers like "never" or get ignored. Either way, this is not the first time I say this, 2nd time I say it on forums, but 8474839th time I said it in the event itself, yet no one listened. Let's all remember that without the player community, the gm's would be outside West playing hide and seek around the trees with their wallets empty, why not consider what we say? At least the decent players that have some kind of experience in this game and this server, and make it better for everyone? All I had to say.
Last Edit: Jan 09, 2015, 10:35 am by Vermilion

Offline WorldsApart

• WorldsApart
  • You lost because you had me as your opponent. -Rob
  • Characters: WorldsApart
  • Faction: Ducks
:tiger-40: QUACK QUACK QUACK :tiger-40:

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Class limiting is something ridiculous in my opinion, instead of limiting those classes, change the rules regarding those classes. And here's my point, been going to 1v1 events in a long time and I can say that the way they are now, events are just 1h of your life wasted when every fight ends in a duel(because there's a trend of camping Def items until the duel)  or stalling. Even if you do get in the finals, probability is you're just going to lose to some brain dead class that doesn't require more than 3 spark and occult/stealth (yes, remove it), or a class revolving around 1 combo and an unlimited number of sog's(you know the class I am talking about and the players). Either way, IF you do survive until the duel, nothing changes, stalling, camping, 3 sparking, unlimited sog's, they are all still there, which is utterly ridiculous. On the other hand this could've been avoided long ago if the gm's hosting those events wouldn't have their eyes up their asses(had to say it, may seem harsh but it's just the way it is). Whenever players try to suggest what could be improved, we get answers like "never" or get ignored. Either way, this is not the first time I say this, 2nd time I say it on forums, but 8474839th time I said it in the event itself, yet no one listened. Let's all remember that without the player community, the gm's would be outside West playing hide and seek around the trees with their wallets empty, why not consider what we say? At least the decent players that have some kind of experience in this game and this server, and make it better for everyone? All I had to say.

I completely agree with this post. You're on a roll tonight Vermillion. I listed "class limitation" as the broad topic here, there are many features that could/should be changed about the entire event itself. I don't agree with venomancers should be able to use feral and have 21 seconds of immunity, I don't agree that sins can stealth, ect, ect. There's many different things that SHOULD be changed that aren't, and that's why I posted this.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
Class limiting is something ridiculous in my opinion, instead of limiting those classes, change the rules regarding those classes. And here's my point, been going to 1v1 events in a long time and I can say that the way they are now, events are just 1h of your life wasted when every fight ends in a duel(because there's a trend of camping Def items until the duel)  or stalling. Even if you do get in the finals, probability is you're just going to lose to some brain dead class that doesn't require more than 3 spark and occult/stealth (yes, remove it), or a class revolving around 1 combo and an unlimited number of sog's(you know the class I am talking about and the players). Either way, IF you do survive until the duel, nothing changes, stalling, camping, 3 sparking, unlimited sog's, they are all still there, which is utterly ridiculous. On the other hand this could've been avoided long ago if the gm's hosting those events wouldn't have their eyes up their asses(had to say it, may seem harsh but it's just the way it is). Whenever players try to suggest what could be improved, we get answers like "never" or get ignored. Either way, this is not the first time I say this, 2nd time I say it on forums, but 8474839th time I said it in the event itself, yet no one listened. Let's all remember that without the player community, the gm's would be outside West playing hide and seek around the trees with their wallets empty, why not consider what we say? At least the decent players that have some kind of experience in this game and this server, and make it better for everyone? All I had to say.

And the level of respect increases.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
For def camp u could just lock magic rings for magic classes and phy rings for phy classes, but there are those users of then or people with 0 pvp contact whatsoever that keep -1'ing even tho is only viable way to stop half of the def camp for arcanes and vice versa for phys against arcanes
You could set an amount of sogs allowed aswell for shackle in duels atleast and dont allow sins to use occult in 1v1 coz of several reasons
But this is just a sum up of what ppl said in other threads that seem to be most logical solution

Offline Pharaoh

• Old Player
^-^ I wouldn't do that far, but the 21 seconds of immunity does make it a challenge at times

Just delete wfs from game. 11k phy def op.  :sad:

On topic: Imo class limitation is stupid. Gms won't wait forever for 2-3 of each class to pm.

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
since when

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader

Maybe horrible assassins can't.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
 :sad: Man venos  can make other ppl suiced enemys  and even. if they dont they can spam resistance  and kill u   and u call that fair and fun?Cleric/Mystic can spam healing cleric can sog  and sleep u to death   u can ask any1 decent who went to playoffs that not fun or fair .But w/e anything what we say will be ignored and  closed  but Theses rules neeed some srs fixing