Epic Perfect World

Hi, I'm Brand New...

Offline Xennarion

• Neophyte
Hi there. I started playing PWI back in 2009 (in fact it was the first MMO I ever played) and loved it. Over the years I grew more and more disenchanted with the game for numerous reasons. I came back recently to try out the new expansion, and while I love the new classes, there is still a lot that just doesn't work for me. I joined a Facebook group for PWI and someone mentioned EPW, so I figured I would check it out.

I have done some reading on EPW and gone through the website. I guess I am a little hesitant, just based off of what I experienced in PWI. I know there are lots of bonuses that happen and players pretty much start at high level. Are the bonuses reasonable? And are free items given out in droves like they are in PWI? That was always a little overloading to me. Also, I have read about PvP, so what about PvE? Is it easy enough to find a group to do instances with? Also, is EPW balanced in terms of player base? In other words, I don't want to discover that there is a group of as dozen lowbies while there are thousands of high-level players.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Welcome to EPW.  :)

Here, the level cap is 150, and you get your first 110 levels by killing rabbits for 5 mins (10 if you go afk).  The next 40 levels really depends on how much you care to be max level.  You can go as slow as you want (which would take a week of light grinding), or as fast as you want (a day or two of non-stop grinding).  Gearing up actually takes longer than the actual leveling process.

Every 10 levels (then 145 and 150), you get a couple of free things.  A weapon pertaining to your level at the time (which is highly recommended to have at least a weapon of your level, although you should gear to your level for safety purposes), a war avatar card, and something else.  Everything is pretty easy to obtain in a timely manner, besides endgame gear.

The PvP here is the most active among private servers, even if it's not to many others' satisfaction.  PvE is rampant.  You need to kill **** other than players to get Epic Coins (outside of Nightscream Island, which is full PvP and not recommended if you are under 150).  There are many instances to run, and depending on the time of day you play, it is fairly easy to get a group.  If you are in the US, and your playtime falls during the Asian wake-up time, good luck.  Not that you wouldn't get a group, there would just be a huge language barrier a good chunk of the time.  Sometimes you'll get a squad, like on PWI, where there's just one fool who messes things up.  It happens.  I should point out though, this is a server where you can solo ceratin instances (or at least dual client it), such as TT.  Our version of TT was revamped to reflect our gear tier and levels.  So 3-3 is actually quite a pain in the balls to solo.  But 1-3 is soloable.  There is a BH in TT 1-3 and 2-3, so in case you don't have friends for doing BH with in these instances, that's something to keep in mind.

As for lowbie-highbie ratio: you level at a pace where, sadly, there aren't many lowbies here.  If you run into one, I can almost  guarantee that they will probably be 140+ if not 150 by the next day.  IF they aren't, they're either taking their own time trying to take in all that the server has to offer (which they will find isn't much if you're not 140+), or they've quit.  The endgame is the focus for many pservers.  The thing that makes us stand out (and depending on who you ask, it's a positive or a negative) is that the endgame gear isn't ridiculously easy to get.  There is no "press this button for full r9" (because our highest ranked gear is r8r).  There is no ticket to get endgame ornaments and stuff that drops in your inventory once you hit 150.  If you want it, you have to work for it, which is what I don't mind.  If you don't mind elbow greasing it, you'll love it here.  If you don't particularly care to elbow grease it, donation is an option.  Unlike PWI, you won't get a gross advantage.  The only advantage is that you get shit faster.  Your luck doesn't go up the more money you donate.

I hope this helps out a smidge.  There will be someone who's gonna laugh at me or sommat.  And I don't give a damn, but this place, while not perfect, has kept my ass away from PWI's cluster****.  Hell, I didn't even play the new classes past level 5...
Last Edit: Dec 23, 2014, 03:18 pm by ɱiʞɑʊ

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Xennarion

• Neophyte
Wow, thank you! Like I said, I'm new to private servers, so all this stuff is s a little foreign to me, but your post definitely helps me understand and puts some of my worries at ease. I'll be sure to post if anything else comes up.  O:-)

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
It's nothing to laugh at. It's all true.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline Xennarion

• Neophyte
I did think of one more question. I see there's four different servers to choose from, none of which have outrageously different pings from each other. Any suggestions on which to pick? Which is highest population? Thanks :)

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I did think of one more question. I see there's four different servers to choose from, none of which have outrageously different pings from each other. Any suggestions on which to pick? Which is highest population? Thanks :)
It doesn't really matter which server you choose because they're all the same server. The only reason there's four is to spread lag out, so choose whichever is best for you. I'm constantly switching servers to adjust to the lag of one or another.

Offline Xennarion

• Neophyte
Ah okay. Thanks.  ;D

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Hi there. I started playing PWI back in 2009 (in fact it was the first MMO I ever played) and loved it. Over the years I grew more and more disenchanted with the game for numerous reasons. I came back recently to try out the new expansion, and while I love the new classes, there is still a lot that just doesn't work for me. I joined a Facebook group for PWI and someone mentioned EPW, so I figured I would check it out.

I have done some reading on EPW and gone through the website. I guess I am a little hesitant, just based off of what I experienced in PWI. I know there are lots of bonuses that happen and players pretty much start at high level. Are the bonuses reasonable? And are free items given out in droves like they are in PWI? That was always a little overloading to me. Also, I have read about PvP, so what about PvE? Is it easy enough to find a group to do instances with? Also, is EPW balanced in terms of player base? In other words, I don't want to discover that there is a group of as dozen lowbies while there are thousands of high-level players.

Thanks in advance!

welcome :)
+ pretty much what mikau said.
im sure youll like it here.
you do have to work for your endgame gears but its nothing compared to the months of farming you have to do on pwi. (not for the items ithemselves - to get the rolls you rly want can take quite a while, but here we are talking about perfect rolls, not good rolls. you can have good gear pretty easily.)

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
you dont have to donate here to get good gear, u can pk and get destroyed ;3
no but srsly
u either donate, either farm a lot for good stats, good stats on gears require some time of farm but im pretty sure u'll realize later on
Welcome and have fun

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
╔╦╦
╠╬╬╬╣
╠╬╬╬╣ OK !!
╠╬╬╬╣ WHO ATE MY CHOCOLATE !!
╚╩╩╩╝

Offline Xennarion

• Neophyte
Ok, so this server will definitely take some getting used to but I like it so far. I was looking through the guides and I see where I need to farm for mats for the different levels of gear, but where do I go once I get those mats? Not sure where the NPC is for this one. Thanks! #noobquestion

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
Ok, so this server will definitely take some getting used to but I like it so far. I was looking through the guides and I see where I need to farm for mats for the different levels of gear, but where do I go once I get those mats? Not sure where the NPC is for this one. Thanks! #noobquestion

Hey most things u craft in Armors/Weapons/Accessories forges in West Archosaur, opposite to the Illusion Stone (market area). I suggest you to level up till 125 in PV, then farm for mats for 130lvl gear (for start), then focus on leveling again.

Offline ℬʋttɦҿαɗ

• Hang☆Over
  • Characters: Butthead
Hey most things u craft in Armors/Weapons/Accessories forges in West Archosaur, opposite to the Illusion Stone (market area). I suggest you to level up till 125 in PV, then farm for mats for 130lvl gear (for start), then focus on leveling again.
Stop trying mate
pitsid, saun, jupid, triibud
kingikotis katkine viiul

TÜRRRRA!!

Offline Maxime

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: InTake AiZoX Haste Faultless Prime