Epic Perfect World

Cast and Channel

Offline whativa

1)Since im new in this game... whats the difference in Cast and Channel? What does/is Cast and what does/is Channel?
2)As an assassin if a skill of mine does only dmg and has no decent effect i dont see the point of using it, since it takes too long to perform the skill, and that is a time i could spend to make 2 hits instead which 2 hits would probabely deal more dmg than that skill.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
cast = when you use some skill. ( stage 1. start of the skill -> stage 2. the time skill need to finish ->stage 3.  end of the skill )
channel = > total of the time has been used to cast the skill ( which is 2nd stage of the cast  )

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Its ok. Lot of sins on this server using auto attack until they learn how to play a sin and figure skills out.

ok

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
  • Hood on soldier, do not let them see your eyes.
  • Characters: Vindex, Raiten
  • Faction: One Who Lurks
Channeling is time spent to prepare skill for usage, casting is time spent using it.

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
Channeling is time spent to prepare skill for usage, casting is time spent using it.

ye something like charging (channel) and releasing (cast) :rolleyes:

Offline whativa

Thank you!

So.. Cast is the total amount of time spend to perfom a skill (including channel).

ok, another question.
Can Channel be reduced/increased?
Can Cast be reduced/increased?

If yes, on what depends their reduction/increasement?

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
Thank you!

So.. Cast is the total amount of time spend to perfom a skill (including channel).

ok, another question.
Can Channel be reduced/increased?
Can Cast be reduced/increased?

If yes, on what depends their reduction/increasement?
no, channel + cast = total amount of time needed to preform skill
channel can be reduced by having [- channel] on your gear.
Cast time may only be changed if leveling skill changing it but usually stays same

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
Both can be reduced, but on this server, there isn't an item to reduce Cast time.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer