Epic Perfect World

So Confused

Offline smith224

• Ironic Queen
  • Characters: Decency
  • Faction: Magic
This is a conversation a had with a cleric from artifex and artis alt guild, which left me so confused about life, it almost gave me an aneurysm

So to sum up, i play DD ep for fun and basicly im stupid for trying to be ironic about saying the exact same thing he said.......ans to sum it all off, i was apparently the one who called support eps useless.................i really want to know someone esles opinion on this x3 because they couldnt both be that.....i dont want to say stupid....hmm couldnt both be that "exotic"

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
GoodGirlEP is the best ep  :normal-25:

bvanharjr

This is a conversation a had with a cleric from artifex and artis alt guild, which left me so confused about life, it almost gave me an aneurysm

So to sum up, i play DD ep for fun and basicly im stupid for trying to be ironic about saying the exact same thing he said.......ans to sum it all off, i was apparently the one who called support eps useless.................i really want to know someone esles opinion on this x3 because they couldnt both be that.....i dont want to say stupid....hmm couldnt both be that "exotic"

*goes on strike*

Offline BriEsT

• Don
 Yes you are so confused......... LOOOL

EricaMurcas

Here's my take on it.: Despite the fact that one deals damage and one supports, they are still the same class; clerics aren't made just to be buff slaves, they were made to be balanced both offensively and defensively. Granted, most clerics want to do damage, and that's okay, especially if you're in HH (or TT, whichever term you prefer) and you're going against a boss that will kill you in three minutes, a damage dealing EP is a good thing to have. In the same breath, they make good support clerics, when they choose to or need to be, because their magic is through the roof. So, why just choose one side and say the other side is trash? Both sides are needed at one point or another. It depends on circumstances and the player, it's as simple as that. Then again, the people that play this game aren't simple, are they?

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Briest the future of madness eps xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline cocks on a stick

• Moderated
  • wet
  • dicks
  • Characters: c ;
  • Faction: ; 3
Here's my take on it.: Despite the fact that one deals damage and one supports, they are still the same class; clerics aren't made just to be buff slaves, they were made to be balanced both offensively and defensively. Granted, most clerics want to do damage, and that's okay, especially if you're in HH (or TT, whichever term you prefer) and you're going against a boss that will kill you in three minutes, a damage dealing EP is a good thing to have. In the same breath, they make good support clerics, when they choose to or need to be, because their magic is through the roof. So, why just choose one side and say the other side is trash? Both sides are needed at one point or another. It depends on circumstances and the player, it's as simple as that. Then again, the people that play this game aren't simple, are they?

try playin dd ep in pvp, see how your guild mates react bc you cannot heal them.

by the way. both briest and monkila are pvpers, they're not :333333 TT farmers. hehe *3*.

EricaMurcas

try playin dd ep in pvp, see how your guild mates react bc you cannot heal them.

by the way. both briest and monkila are pvpers, they're not :333333 TT farmers. hehe *3*.

I recall saying it depended on circumstances and the player. So, I know PvE =/= PvP, I'm well aware of how people react when you don't heal them, I used to be part of a guild where our leader NEVER healed, ever, and he caught all kinds of hell. And the only reason I used the TT example was to prove that a EP damage dealing is not always a bad thing...

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
I recall saying it depended on circumstances and the player. So, I know PvE =/= PvP, I'm well aware of how people react when you don't heal them, I used to be part of a guild where our leader NEVER healed, ever, and he caught all kinds of hell. And the only reason I used the TT example was to prove that a EP damage dealing is not always a bad thing...

What point is there in giving a pve example in a thread which is obviously about pvp. It doesn't make any difference if an EP dding on mobs is useful.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
imo clerics are meant to be able to do both, ofc u can "ruin" a cleric and go vit built but imo the extra hp does not justify the lack of dmg and healing power in any way.

beeing able to heal and tank well (def cape, tome, def weapon / or puri weapon, cards etc) but also beeing a pretty good DD (ds, lunar cape, mag tome etc) by just switching a few pieces of gear is what makes this class out.

if clerics were meant to be healers only they wouldnt be given the option to deal so much dmg, nor would they have the morai skills they have.

you dont have to chose one way or the other, both works just fine for a cleric and can be usefull / fun.
just do whatever you like more knowing you can switch easily anytime you want.

Offline Monkila

• Faction: Don's/AxeメGroup
You had to bring it here... LOL

But okay, given the fact that both you and Briest were not in the same wavelength, I don't get why a simple comment made your tummy ache 0.o

I am both a support  and a damaging EP and I like both, its YOUR own peference as to what you are comfortable in playing, and mind you, I have argued with Briest about this countless times, he just simply hates DD EP thats all, why so serious? 0.o

Oh and yeah, too bad I don't insta SS these kinds of convo, but you did say support EPs are useless, just like Briest said DD EPs are useless.

Can we move on? Or? 0.o

EricaMurcas

What point is there in giving a pve example in a thread which is obviously about pvp. It doesn't make any difference if an EP dding on mobs is useful.

Point taken. I should have been a bit less vague. Yes, the PvE addendum was redundant, but my sentiment, which obviously didn't come out the way I wanted it to (As is normally the case.), was that EP can do a LOT of damage on both mobs and players alike. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
imo clerics are meant to be able to do both, ofc u can "ruin" a cleric and go vit built but imo the extra hp does not justify the lack of dmg and healing power in any way.

what

the difference in heals between a vit ep and magic ep are so insignificant on this server

stream heal can take a person from 25% HP to 100% HP whether vit or magic

and also I can switch to attack gear and solo people if I want as a vit ep, just not full con wb's or wr's (not during mass pk ofc, but it comes in handy sometimes)

Offline smith224

• Ironic Queen
  • Characters: Decency
  • Faction: Magic

Point taken. I should have been a bit less vague. Yes, the PvE addendum was redundant, but my sentiment, which obviously didn't come out the way I wanted it to (As is normally the case.), was that EP can do a LOT of damage on both mobs and players alike. Thanks for pointing that out.
Yes i did call support eps useless, actually all i did was repeat what he said to me back to him to show how it sounded and then was called me stupid for it...much irnoy isnt it?... o,o and i posted on forums because he was the one who told me too, everything i said

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
what

the difference in heals between a vit ep and magic ep are so insignificant on this server

stream heal can take a person from 25% HP to 100% HP whether vit or magic

and also I can switch to attack gear and solo people if I want as a vit ep, just not full con wb's or wr's (not during mass pk ofc, but it comes in handy sometimes)

+1. I wouldn't bother playing full magic ep in large pks unless you have a good amount of other heals from other eps/mystics to back you up and keep you alive.