Epic Perfect World

Server-side patch

Offline g0rml3ss

2. If we're talking self-buffs only, the cleric can actually surpass the physical defense of an archer quite easily.

5. Speaking of debuffs, a demon cleric can debuff metal resistance by a substantial amount (demon elemental seal + demon wield thunder) making the fact that they have less attack than a fully buffed wizard almost meaningless, and keep in mind, they still have more attack with just self buffs

We're on a server where every class except an EP can walk upto an NPC and get  buffs so every class has increased elemental def and mages get extra damage on top of their base mag attack, EP get  umm oh ya 150 weapon that has less damage than a 145 magic sword and only 300 more dmg than the 145 glaive so we're not talking about just self buffs as it NEVER happens so debuffing metal def and mag def is nulled by the buff npcs, merely reduces def down to it orignial status. The EP debuffs are now pointless and invalid skills.

This is balance ?

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
we're not talking about just self buffs as it NEVER happens so debuffing metal def and mag def is nulled by the buff npcs, merely reduces def down to it orignial status. The EP debuffs are now pointless and invalid skills.

This is balance ?

I don't know about you, but I'd personally rather debuff their magic resistance down to what it naturally is, than fight them with the full strength of the buff like a wiz has to do.

And you'd be surprised how often I find people in PK without the buff NPC buffs.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
We're on a server where every class except an EP can walk upto an NPC and get  buffs so every class has increased elemental def and mages get extra damage on top of their base mag attack, EP get  umm oh ya 150 weapon that has less damage than a 145 magic sword and only 300 more dmg than the 145 glaive so we're not talking about just self buffs as it NEVER happens so debuffing metal def and mag def is nulled by the buff npcs, merely reduces def down to it orignial status. The EP debuffs are now pointless and invalid skills.

This is balance ?
Don't forget that buffs from NPC reduce damage received from all classes, also nobody will waste time and go to cave for those buffs after each death.
And again, as I already said, giving clerics magic sword would cause that they would have both better damage than pure damage class - archers, with much better defenses and great support capabilities.
If I decide that they need more damage, I they will have it, so we can end this for now.