Epic Perfect World

Server-side patch

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
During this server maintenance the damage of wizards and archers has slightly increased to balance them out. However you have to reforge your weapon to apply the changes.

Offline redawn87

• ReDawn
but doesn't that purge the refines and shards i paid for?

Offline nkv1

However you have to reforge your weapon to apply the changes.
reforging is same as remaking.
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline HCG_Wrath

• If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
During this server maintenance the damage of wizards and archers has slightly increased to balance them out. However you have to reforge your weapon to apply the changes.

What's changed about it? The base damage is the same. And in my opinion MGs didn't need an increase, but you know best I guess.

but doesn't that purge the refines and shards i paid for?

yes, but if the dmg reall does increase then you can spend 2 mill to refine and stone ur weapon im sure

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline phaidra

• Beginner
I  have  I guess a  dumb  question:  Where  do  I go to reforge My Wiz/Archer's  weapon ?oO

Offline nkv1

google.com type "define: reforge"
you get
Forge (something) again or differently
So its like making it from scratch.
type "define: forge"
you get
Make or shape (a metal object) by heating it in a fire or furnace and beating or hammering it.
Again it means making it from scratch.
So how do I make a new weapon from nothing?
I gather materials needed and make it at weapon NPC.
Do i have to do it right away?
No way, I will do it any way when i get to the next set. Tho i feel bad for lvl 140+,
having to do it all over again.
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2012, 01:40 pm by nkv1
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline HCG_Wrath

I  have  I guess a  dumb  question:  Where  do  I go to reforge My Wiz/Archer's  weapon ?oO

Go to the weapons furnace and click on the reforge or recraft button

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline nkv1

Only woks for lunar and demonic sets

Offline g0rml3ss

Well I gotta be honest I'm left a little confused by this patch, before I start this not a QQ simply asking for some reasoning as I've left it a cpl of days to try figure out but I'm still scratching my head.

Wiz already had Increased Mag attack on the Mag sword which gave them equal dmg give or take 2-300 (nothing in it really) to an EP. so I'm confused as to how Mag became underpowered and needed a boost and EP is over looked. When comparing the current Lunar weapons at +12 (pointless comparing gears both wear the same robe set) The Magic sword has 800 more bottom end att and 400 more top end att, this 800 bottom end closes the dmg range to 4.2-4.9 and an EP's range is 3.4-4.5.

In terms of Character dmg showing in stats screen an unbuffed mage has only 3k less mag attack than a buffed EP, Given that a mage can walk upto a buff npc and gain the same 70% add-on that an EP can which most likely would increase the dmg higher than that of an EP. I just cant see why only the one class was boosted and not both, surely 2 classes same dmg if one is under powered then the same must be true of the other?

Last Edit: Feb 10, 2012, 01:14 am by g0rml3ss

Offline nkv1

Magic circle, Barbarian, Archer, Wizard.
Barbarians kill Archers, Archers kill Wizards, Wizards kill Barbarians.
We boosted Barbarians,
Archers and wizards are underpowered;
Than we boosted Archers,
Wizard is extremely underpowered;
So boost is needed for Wizards too, in order to cope with competition.
Its a real shame Wizards are not able to learn Undine Strike(79) and Elemental Invocation(100) would be a real booster for all wizard. True one shot killer for Barbs.
Then again others would need done same thing for all classes.
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2012, 01:37 am by nkv1

Offline g0rml3ss

Magic circle, Barbarian, Archer, Wizard.
Barbarians kill Archers, Archers kill Wizards, Wizards kill Barbarians.
We boosted Barbarians,
Archers and wizards are underpowered;
Than we boosted Archers,
Wizard is extremely underpowered;
So boost is needed for Wizards too, in order to cope with competition.
Its a real shame Wizards are not able to learn Undine Strike(79) and Elemental Invocation(100) would be a real booster for all wizard. True one shot killer for Barbs.
Then again others would need done same thing for all classes.

Well that's not really an answer is it, so I'll try again, You claim wizard are "extremely underpowered" yet they had the same damage before the boost as an EP because the Magic Sword was tailored for their need increasing their magic attack to the same as an EP. So surely both classes were under powered not just 1?

Has nothing to do with lvl 79 / 100 skills they are irrelevant here as they dont exist and 3 makes a Triangle not a circle.
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2012, 07:01 am by g0rml3ss

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I believe that the way it is now is good. Giving Clerics more attack would mean giving them magic swords which in my opinion they don't need.
There is no reason why clerics would have same (or higher) attack than wizards while keeping their great support capabilities. They aren't class designed to kill everyone 1v1, but still they are playing the most important part in team PvP. Heals are scaling very well and I don't think that healing half HP with aoe heal would improve PK.
They got also very high defenses and can tank a lot on plume shell, comparing to archers which are rather squishy. Giving more attacks to clerics would cause that they would outdamage them in PvP (if they don't already). So we would have again one class "UP".

Offline g0rml3ss

I believe that the way it is now is good. Giving Clerics more attack would mean giving them magic swords which in my opinion they don't need.
There is no reason why clerics would have same (or higher) attack than wizards while keeping their great support capabilities. They aren't class designed to kill everyone 1v1, but still they are playing the most important part in team PvP. Heals are scaling very well and I don't think that healing half HP with aoe heal would improve PK.
They got also very high defenses and can tank a lot on plume shell, comparing to archers which are rather squishy. Giving more attacks to clerics would cause that they would outdamage them in PvP (if they don't already). So we would have again one class "UP".

Maybe if all EP were sage then your point on healing is true, however the heals of a dark EP  are *ok* but not great and its silly to think the role of a dark EP in pvp is to heal , they are more a damage support hence the increase in dmg on spark, I dont see how EP can have more def than an EA just because of plume given that an EA has 2 plume shell skills(virtually spammable if sage) and Higher base def on gears. So now Ep are infact the lowest dmg dealers with the lowest def, given that there aren't that many around for pvp anyway, its unlikely this will encourage more but it still doesn't answer the question how one class suddenly became less powered and the other didn't.

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
1. Archer winged shells are garbage, and break after a single hit. Clerics plume shell reduces 80-85% of all incoming damage for a set time, and only breaks if the cleric runs out of mp.

2. If we're talking self-buffs only, the cleric can actually surpass the physical defense of an archer quite easily.

3. Clerics can spam heal themselves very effectively, and once they get a good stack of Ironheart on themselves, the only way to kill them is to stun lock them until it wears out, or one shot them somehow.

4. Clerics have an absurdly long lasting sleep, which gives them enough time to let their charm cool down, debuff the opponent, and spark before waking them up.

5. Speaking of debuffs, a demon cleric can debuff metal resistance by a substantial amount (demon elemental seal + demon wield thunder) making the fact that they have less attack than a fully buffed wizard almost meaningless, and keep in mind, they still have more attack with just self buffs

With all that, if they also had higher damage than a wizard with full buffs, there would be no point in playing a wizard to begin with.
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2012, 04:52 pm by Chum

Offline HCG_Wrath

Chum is right. EPs are an awesome class to PK wit if you know what your doing. Same goes for every class in pk. If you don't know what your doing, your going to get rolled.