Epic Perfect World

Multi-Clienting during pk

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
There's a loophole in the legality of private servers.  Someone explained to me a while back that it's only illegal if EPW is on the same patch version as the Chinese version.  I'm not sure how true this is, but if it is, and since we're going by PWI's patches to some degree (just behind them), we aiight. 

As for this suggestion, it sucks that they do it, but it is what it is and you can't really enforce it without pissing off the masses.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
So if:
- using multiclient on the world map in pk is allowed,
- using third party software that affects gameplay is not allowed

What do you want to code?
What's the point of allowing multi clienting at pk? It's forbidden on most of the other servers for a very good reason..

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.

So I guess we should all just goggle and learn how to code and do the same thing? :rolleyes:
Because coding takes skill obviously...
You only need a program to press certain things when your HP falls before some point, it doesn't take any learning to code that - you can literally copy another program and use cheat engine.
Apart from that it's a pretty useless script assuming Clerics get targeted first, it won't be able to back off, heal itself and other things like that. Because you would be running two clients, you'd have to learn to RE to target yourself, and that takes a lot of time, probably 3 months with help of others.

Offline DignityPK

What's the point of allowing multi clienting at pk? It's forbidden on most of the other servers for a very good reason..

Because there is no way to properly control it, like I said already a lot of Asians multi-pk, Soochi said he saw at least 80, imagine how much of hard word is that? Asians don't touch European timezone or PK in it, it doesn't affect us, if they all do it - it's fine because it's still balanced as long as it doesn't effect us. Soochi just shouldn't PK on Asian timezone. They won't understand his world chat spam that he won anyway.

EDIT : Apart from that, look at other servers, they're all dead now aren't they.
Last Edit: Dec 06, 2014, 06:04 pm by DignityPK

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
And what about PWI? Amount of active players who PvP here is way higher than on single PWI server and it would be impossible to enforce this rule. We simply don't have manpower to do this. And half of the Asian community is playing from internet caffees so you can't tell if it's multiclient or not.

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
lol soochi level suggestion..
I see nothing wrong here. As agatio said multiclient in pk is allowed, deal with it

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
simple matter of using macros and an autoclicker set at timed intervals to run them. Most use for farming but some do for PK. And yeah target that priority cleric...if its multiclient that makes it hard to get back in and reset the macros etc.
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline DignityPK

simple matter of using macros and an autoclicker set at timed intervals to run them. Most use for farming but some do for PK. And yeah target that priority cleric...if its multiclient that makes it hard to get back in and reset the macros etc.

Lol, "Auto-Clicker", I am trying not to flame, but come on - how would an auto-clicker work in this scenario, or you assume Asians play on two different computers? If they did, they'd be able to afford pocket EPs. They just call functions from memory directly.

And what about PWI? Amount of active players who PvP here is way higher than on single PWI server and it would be impossible to enforce this rule. We simply don't have manpower to do this. And half of the Asian community is playing from internet caffees so you can't tell if it's multiclient or not.

I gotta agree here, most of them play from internet caffess, I lived in Asia.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
And half of the Asian community is playing from internet caffees
I still dont know what to reply to this

On a serious note, while you do have a point there, I'd suggest to make it reportable, after the same user gets reported 3-5 times by different people, with also different IPs obviously, the case can be taken into analysis (Im not saying to ban the person right away if they get reported a lot) but if a gm checks that person and notices it then apply a proper ban.

Im just throwing out the idea, Im sure you can polish it into something more doable.

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
Why does Epic PW allow this, shouldn't this be illegal ? I know it isn't allowed in TW and other instances, but how come its allowed during pk ? I see close to 30 people each having a personal script EP healing them in the air during pk from the Chinese factions, is this going to be changed soon or what ? GM please comment - AND i can't unfortunately get any proof for this, all the IPs and server side, you guys can check and confirm these i suppose, cheers  :smiley:
+1 I agree it shouldnt be allowed.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
i agree with soochi
cause if multi cleint during pvp isnt allowed
better fps and better ping pffft

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
Hey you! Yeah you! Did you know that if you see more than 5 eps healing 5 different people it is COMPLETELY obvious that they're multi clienting?!

Offline ℬʋttɦҿαɗ

• Hang☆Over
  • Characters: Butthead
It's obvious that some players are using dual client with EP healing them, especially chinos. Anyway rule that allows you use dual client at pk is kinda stupid and annoying.. But ofcourse that gives more job to GMs to check all the players who get reported.
pitsid, saun, jupid, triibud
kingikotis katkine viiul

TÜRRRRA!!

Empower | Possess | Exorcise

Siggy Credit ♥

infernchidhu

lol soochi level suggestion..
I see nothing wrong here. As agatio said multiclient in pk is allowed, deal with it
Haters be hating.