Epic Perfect World

Simplify early game.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
It'd be nice if creating characters and getting them ready for basic usage could be simplified.

Especially with the latest expansions there is far too much boring, annoying and mostly useless stuff you have to go through to get a useful character. It takes several hours of doing nothing but talking to npcs and going through meaningless click & fly excersizes before your char is useful.

Creating a new area with useful npcs grouped would be a good start. Just adding them to some section of a city or a random town somewhere and sending newbies straight there after hitting 110 would make it far less tedious.

The following npcs would be helpful in this area:
Watcher of the Earth.
Skill Trainers.
Gods Giving.
Phoenix valley guy.
A teleport stone thing.
Early game forges. (Basic gear, event & boutique)
Entrance to primal world.
Entrance to morai.

Speaking of which. All the quests to get into the morai & new horizons content might be very somewhat maybe a tiny little bit interesting when you've already got a finished character and the expansion comes out. However, for new characters they are nothing but tedious.
It would be a good idea to allow us quicker access into these while leaving any quests etc optional for those who enjoy doing them.

Yes, I know this is a mixed pve pvp server but there is plenty of PVE content in farming actual endgame gears, leveling up and that sort of stuff. Getting access to basic game functionality shouldn't be this tedious.

I've played PW for years and I'm at least familiar with all of it. The sheer confusion newer players of this game would have is easily enough to scare people away from even trying this server. I know I wouldn't want to go through many hours of wondering WTF needs to be done to get <random game term> before playing is much of an option.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
this would be very nice +1

half sad that all my alts are made and I wouldn't get to have this  :sad: was such a pain trying to get everything for them especially since I would forget things and have to go back

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
+1 good suggestion  :police:

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I like this idea.

I made a character a little while ago and it is definitely a bit
overwhelming with all the new things you need to do.
Leveling, gear, culti, meridian, war avatars, morai, primal, quests etc etc etc etc.

If you could somehow simplify the unimportant parts of this process a bit, I think it would be great.
Even basic things like extending safe, pet bag etc.
Getting your skills etc.

It is indeed very tedious to get started and could potentially turn people away.

1k does have most of these NPCs,
however it might be nice to have a special starter area with
only the specific NPCs you'd need and no others.

Nice idea.
Definitely something that could be looked into
since so much has changed over the last 12 months.
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2014, 02:41 pm by Melody⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
+1

potatoes, length requirement.

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

Nice idea.
Definitely something that could be looked into
since so much has changed over the last 12 months.

Yay. Even fixing 150's is tedious already, it'd be great.

+1

potatoes, length requirement.

There's an invisible one at the end, can't you tell?

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Can make it work soon, just some major revamp for beginner area in Spire of Awakening.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
Can make it work soon, just some major revamp for beginner area in Spire of Awakening.

:pig-8:

potatoes

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

scatterer3

It'd be nice if creating characters and getting them ready for basic usage could be simplified.

Especially with the latest expansions there is far too much boring, annoying and mostly useless stuff you have to go through to get a useful character. It takes several hours of doing nothing but talking to npcs and going through meaningless click & fly excersizes before your char is useful.

Creating a new area with useful npcs grouped would be a good start. Just adding them to some section of a city or a random town somewhere and sending newbies straight there after hitting 110 would make it far less tedious.

The following npcs would be helpful in this area:
Watcher of the Earth.
Skill Trainers.
Gods Giving.
Phoenix valley guy.
A teleport stone thing.
Early game forges. (Basic gear, event & boutique)
Entrance to primal world.
Entrance to morai.

Speaking of which. All the quests to get into the morai & new horizons content might be very somewhat maybe a tiny little bit interesting when you've already got a finished character and the expansion comes out. However, for new characters they are nothing but tedious.
It would be a good idea to allow us quicker access into these while leaving any quests etc optional for those who enjoy doing them.

Yes, I know this is a mixed pve pvp server but there is plenty of PVE content in farming actual endgame gears, leveling up and that sort of stuff. Getting access to basic game functionality shouldn't be this tedious.

I've played PW for years and I'm at least familiar with all of it. The sheer confusion newer players of this game would have is easily enough to scare people away from even trying this server. I know I wouldn't want to go through many hours of wondering WTF needs to be done to get <random game term> before playing is much of an option.

This is usually why I left other servers. Epic does have a nice intro, but the following is a bit mazy after you are 110, for new players of course.

Offline Daftponk

• The Riddler
  • Do what you must, ignore the rest
  • Characters: Daftponk
  • Faction: GodsArmy
Please make it happen, cause i have friend now, he just started playing, even though he read the guide to guides forums, hes just still too confused and im having a hard time to explain all things what to do, especially when he has no gaming experience for a long time. So +1, this makes help them to understand everything a little faster rather than getting confused on what to do while they just started th game

Pink Ponk Pung

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Useful suggestion.
You don't see these types of suggestions often anymore

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Swink

+1 good suggestion

Offline Omni

• (っ͡⚈‿⚈͡)っ
  • (っ͡⚈‿⚈͡)っ
  • Faction: Unicorns
+1, nice suggestion!

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
very useful idea +1